change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Royal holiday resort and Sharm El Sheikh

Egypt Aug 26, 2015 at 10:25 AM

Hi,

My boyfriend and I (aged 20) are thinking of visiting Sharm El Sheikh in October, staying at the Royal Holiday resort.

Before we book this, I have a few queries:

1. Is it safe? I've seen a few postings on here regarding safety and just want a little bit of reassurance on the level of security. I'd hoped to also visit places such as the pyramids and my boyfriend would like go on quads/buggys in the desert, is visiting these sorts of places safe?
      2. Has anyone visited this hotel that can offer us a review or give us any tips?
      3. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to visit, restaurants, things to do during the day etc, this is only our second holiday abroad and I want to be as prepared as possible.
      4. Any other general tips would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Jane

more
    • Travel safety question

Sharm El Sheikh Aug 3, 2015 at 1:15 AM

Is it a risk to go buggy ride in the desert in sharm el sheikh due to the significant increase in criminal activities ??

more
    • lydiaphillips8's Profile Photo

road from hurghada to luxor blocked?

Hurghada Aug 22, 2015 at 1:45 AM

hi there, I've read that demonstrations have blocked the road between the two areas. me and my boyfriend are planning to travel from hurg to luxor next sunday. wil this stop us doing so? thanks

more
    • madmatg's Profile Photo

Airport to Giza using bus then metro, how to?

Cairo Aug 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM

I have all day in Cairo and was wanting to take the metro to Giza then back into downtown but I'm uncertain about which metro station is nearest the airport. I assume a bus would run to that metro station or I could take a taxi to the metro if need be.

If this sounds like a bad plan feel free to tell me :)

more
    • Spending money

Sharm El Sheikh Aug 11, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Hi I'm coming to Egypt next week with my girlfriend we are aged 19 and 20. We are staying at the club magic life resort all-inclusive for 1 week. I was just wondering how much spending money you would recommend taking between us we are also looking to go out to Naama bay some of the evenings and do some things there

more
    • alexandria beach

Alexandria Aug 7, 2015 at 7:10 AM

hiii... it is very crowded during summer at the beach of alexandria in egypt.so at what time should i go to the beach to avoid the overcrowd? perhaps in the early morning or at night? i've tried twice to go to the beach but never had the chance to go there due to the crowded. really need suggestions

more
    • Hurgada Visa

Egypt Aug 1, 2015 at 2:00 PM

Hi, I am British and am travelling to Hurgada from the UK. Can I buy a visa at the airport on arrival or do I need to buy one in advance. Many thanks.

more
    • Can I get a visa for Hurgarda at the airport

Hurghada Aug 1, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Can I get a visa for Hurgarda at the airport or do I need to get one in advance.

more
    • what to do reef oasis beach resort

Egypt Aug 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM

Dont want to travel far from the complex but with 5 kids aged between 5 and 14 what can we do within surrounding areas and what beach water sports are there ?

more
    • Solo female traveller

Hurghada Aug 1, 2015 at 2:37 PM

I am travelling to Hurghada alone in 6 weeks time. I guess it was a sort of spur of the moment booking, but now I cant wait! I have been to egypt 5 times already, butthis is my first time travelling abroad alone, and I really want to experience more of the real egypt. . I've done nightlife, sitting by the pool in a resort, swimming with dolphins, go karting, watersports, I've even had a tattoo done across there. But I want to see the stars in the middle of the desert at night, I want to see dolphins in the sea where they belong.... Basically, i'm only staying a week this time round, I'm not on a huge budget so any trips involving flying are out the window this time around.This is more of a test the waters trip to see how i go travelling alone, but i'd like to squeeze in some adventures, just wondering if it's safe to do it alone as a 28 year old scottish female. I plan to only book through tour guides going in groups, I wont be out wandering anywhere alone, I'm quite a sociable person I dont intend to spend a week in silence hiding away.There are so many scaremongers out there, and I've already been told a million times how "dangerous" egypt is, but from past experience there, its nowhere near as bad as people think as long as you are sensible and careful. Anyway, If any of you lovely people can suggest some fun, must do/ must see/reasonably priced adventures I can squeeze into my trip, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

more
    • Safe to travel to Cairo with young 9 year old?

Cairo Aug 29, 2015 at 9:41 AM

Thinking of going to Cairo in eid with my wife and daughter? We're Australian! Is it safe?

more
    • lydiaphillips8's Profile Photo

travel hurghada to luxor

Hurghada Aug 20, 2015 at 10:18 AM

hi there, my boyfriend and i are flying into hurghada next week and want to head to luxor a day or so after we arrive and continue our travels from there.
      what is the best way to get from hurghada to luxor? i know there is an upper egypt bus. is this a good/safe bet?? i've seen other advise that i should look at getting a private bus? or taxi.

could anyone shed any light on this please, thank yo

more
    • Safe to travel

Sharm El Sheikh Yesterday

I'm thinking about travelling to Sharm late September 2015, is it safe to travel ? and what is the weather likely to be ?

more
    • Travelling to Dahab in October

Egypt Aug 6, 2015 at 1:27 AM

Hi there everyone,

I asked this in another thread but lost it so i through i would ask again. I am travelling to Dahab in October to go scuba diving. I arrive late at night (very late) and my hotel has organised to collect myself and my friend a from Sharm airport. When i am going home, my flight is very last again. I am quite apprehensive about travelling at night from Sharm to Dahab and well a bit worried over all about going as there are many FOC warnings about the region. I was hoping to get some honest advise on whether the holiday is a good idea. I really want to go because ive heard some amazing things about Dahab, the people there and the scuba diving but again im just a bit worried about the situation there. Can anyone help me? has anyone been there recently and can advise me on what its like at the moment? I'd really appreciate some help :)

Thanks so much!

Louise

more