Dagenham

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 7 hour Layover at Heathrow- meeting someone at the Airport

Heathrow Apr 22, 2015 at 9:14 AM

We are traveling from Canada and we have a 7 hours transit before leaving to Sri Lanka. We will be arriving at T5 and next  flight will be from T3. I need to meet my brother who lives in London during the layover. Since we are traveling with Canadian passports i guess we dont need visa to enter UK.

Since we are not planning to go any where else, I can ask him to come to the air port but im not sure to which terminal. If I take the free bus service from T5 to T3, will I be able to go through the immigration at T3 and meet my brother at the air port . Or should I meet him at the terminal 5 ? He will not be traveling so he cant come through the security checking. 

more
    • non connection flights

London Apr 22, 2015 at 12:51 PM

If I have not baggage to pick up, I will just have cabin baggage is it possible to use the Flight Connections to go to my next flight if I have an e-ticket. I will be landing in Terminal 2 with Singapore and flying out of the same Terminal with Aer Lingus but I have separate tickets. Or if I checked in on-line on the way over and had a boarding card would that work better? Also any ideas how long before you can check in on-line for an Aer Lingus flight? Looking forward to some helpful feedback. Thanks

more
    • Airport to Airport

London Apr 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM

I want to get to Heathrow from London's City airport. Suggestions?

more
    • Which UK Mobile Phone Providers is recomended for tourists?

London Apr 8, 2015 at 2:46 AM

Hi there,
      Which UK Mobile Phone Providers is recomended for tourists?

more
    • Terminal 5 no lounge

Heathrow Apr 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM

We are looking at booking a lounge but there are none in terminal 5
      Could we use a lounge in another terminal

more
    • popsottery's Profile Photo

Travel to london

London Apr 29, 2015 at 3:17 PM

We are travelling to London next week to 'hopefully' sort out our Russian visa's. We are driving up from the south west along the a303 and m3. Does anyone know a good place to park on the outskirts of London so we can catch the train in. We could catch the train from Exeter but for 4 of us I would need to sell the house to pay for it.

more
    • VincentW's Profile Photo

Twin bed hotelroom

London Apr 26, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Hi.

I will be visiting London the 23th and 24th of May. Coming from Harwich to Stratford and am looking for a budget hotel with twin bed hotelroom (2 single beds). Budget is around 100 pounds maximum and looking for a pretty central place near a tubestation. Any tips near for example Kings Cross or Stratford and maybe a hidden gem?

Thank you! :)

more
    • Turska's Profile Photo

Area around the Oval Space.

London Apr 23, 2015 at 4:38 AM

We are travelling to London craft beer festival at August. The festival takes place at place called "The Oval space". My husband suggested we could stay near it, but we´ve never been in that area. I think we wouldn´t need to, since we stay 4 nights, and planning to go there for one day. Or what do you think? How is the area? We´ve stayed at Paddington, at the City (near Liverpool street station) and at Victoria area before. None of them is a must now, could go to new area again. I´m searching for places at airbnb, they seem to be chepaer than hotels in London also.
      We like to go to a pub at night (craft beers are huge bonus on pub menu ;) ) and find places to eat near the place we stay.

more
    • Dodo22's Profile Photo

Public transport options from Heathrow to Windsor Holiday Apartments - 73 High Street, >London N8

London Apr 23, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Hi - we are a party of 4 arriving at Heathrow and wanting to travel by public transport, or door to door shuttle if possible, to the Windsor Holiday Apartments - 73 High Street, >London N8 with as few changes as possible. It would be wonderful if someone could let us know. Thank you.

more
    • 1 hour and 40 mins transfer in Heathrow. Enough time?

Heathrow Apr 21, 2015 at 7:14 AM

I will be flying in from Helsinki - LHR- Dusseldorf. In LHR i land in T3 and my flight out is T5. Bags will be checked through. I have one hour and forty minutes. Should i be worried? I will travel on Sunday 17th May 2015. Land in LHR 9.05 am and flight taking off for Dusseldorf at 10.45 am.

more
    • Wicked and other musicals

London Apr 16, 2015 at 5:33 AM

Hi there, I'm coming to London in early July. I heard good things about "Wicked" and I would like to get a ticket online in advance. Where would you suggest to buy it? and if I want to save money and order the last row will it be good enough to watch and enjoy the show?
      If I'd get a chance to order another show, which would you recommend? and where do I buy it? (I already saw "Phanthom of the opera" when I visited London in 2011).
      Thanks!! :)

more
    • Do we need transit visa for UK?

Heathrow Apr 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM

We are travelling from Dubai to Lisbon (Europe).
      We have Portugal residence permit.
      We will reach from Dubai to London Heathrow, at terminal 5. After 6 hours we have flight from London Heathrow, terminal 3 to Lisbon. (same on Return)

My question is;
      1. Do we need a UK transit or Direct Air/Aisle visa?
      2. Will we cross any UK border from terminal 5 to terminal 3 or vice versa?

Advice!

more
    • Leaving Schangen area?

Heathrow Apr 22, 2015 at 1:28 PM

We are Colombian citizens with US permanent resident cards. We have Schengen visas Type C (with one single entry).
      We initially entered the Schengen area through Stockholm; then, we visited Berlin, and Amsterdam.
      Flying from Amsterdam to Paris, we had to stop in Heathrow Terminal 5 for 40 minutes, and the BA's person stated that we didn't need a transit visa.
      Once in Paris, we were refused entry on the basis that we had left the Schengen area when landing in Heathrow Terminal 5 even if we didn't left the terminal and our passports were stamped by the UK.
      Please comment. Thank you.

more
    • London museums. Which to visit?

London Apr 5, 2015 at 3:55 AM

Hi, there. I will be in London only for one day and want to visit only one museum. I found this article hotelsbrit.com/category/lond... and now I hesitate what is better to visit The British Museum or London Transport Museum? I know maybe it's a strange question but i can`t make my choice. Advise me, please!

more
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Car rental

London Apr 26, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Hello all,

We will be flying into UK this weekend with a 11 month old baby (stroller) and were wondering which one is a better and cheaper option to use - Zipcar vs Subway vs (sixt.co.uk/avis/hertz)?? We get to Heathrow and need to get to Islington. Is renting a car from zipcar or any other traditional car hire make sense?

Another transportation query - If we take the Subway, would it be easy to travel from Heathrow to Islington with a baby, stroller and our luggage or would it make sense to rent a car? Is the Subway stroller friendly?

Thanks for your help in advance!
      Ali

more