Dachau Travel Answers

change location
janedoe24's Profile Photo

Help!

by janedoe24 Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 11:34 PM

Hi guys... whats the best way to get from munich to dachau. Also have any of you been to any of the other camps? Thanks! :)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

Re: Help!

by globetrott Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 11:48 PM

Hi ! Take the S-bahn, I think it is S2 and starts at Hauptbahnhof / Main train station. What other camps ?? I have been to Mauthausen in Austria and Terezin / Theresienstadt in Czechia, and I have made a page about it on VT !

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lisa18752003's Profile Photo

by lisa18752003 Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 6:00 AM

The train from the main station only takes about 20/30 minutes to Dachau, then its a short bus ride from the station to the camp. I have been to Auschwitz. It was a real eye opener but something you need to see to understand how horrific peoples lives were back then. Its hard to beleive that it didnt happen so long ago.

• BlindFish's Profile Photo

by BlindFish Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 8:22 AM

as the others already told you, the best way would be to take one of the suburban trains (called s-bahn). Take line #S2. There are trains with destination Dachau or Petershausen, both with stops at Dachau station from where the busses take You directly to the camp entrance. This will take app. 20 mins from Munich Central Station. On week days, trains are leaving every 10 to 20 mins, depending on day time. You can check details on mvv-muenchen.de/en/homepage/....

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines