Da Nang Travel Answers

change location

3 nights in Da Nang

by cdwurm Online Now May 6, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Hey guys,

Im flying into Da Nang for three nights in early January of next year before going back to HCMC.

Im looking for a decent place to stay maybe near the beach or other attractions. Looking to spend around30 per night give or take.

let me know

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: 3 nights in Da Nang

by DSwede Online Now May 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM

There are several cheap ($30 or less) places to stay in DaNang, but none will be close to the beach. DaNang is a relatively decent city with a few attractions, most of which can be seen in a day. Feel free to have a look at my DaNang page for some options on budget hotels.

I'd recommend you take a short bus or even hire a scooter and move to HoiAn. Its only ~25 minutes away. There are many more options, better beaches and more geared towards pleasure than the normal working class city of DaNang.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: 3 nights in Da Nang

by cdwurm Online Now May 6, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Hoi An looks pretty cool. Could you recommend a good place to stay for around30.

Let me know. Thanks

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: 3 nights in Da Nang

by DSwede Online Now May 8, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I personally cannot recommend a place in HoiAn for that budget. When I stayed there a couple times, I was coming up from a work site and we opted for a bit more plush place for our R&R. But rest assured, they do exist.

There are countless places listed in the VT accommodation listings for HoiAn:
    Hoi An Travel Guide

Or just do a Google search for HoiAn.

• Re: 3 nights in Da Nang

by chaly Online Now May 16, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Hi,
    I agree, Hoi An is a far nicer place to stay and is only 30 mins from Danang. It's not usually beach weather at the end of Jan but you can still get some good days. I'd stay in the old town, you can hire a bike for 20,000vnd of a automatic scooter for5 a day - the beach is only 4kms from the town. Beach tip would be to give Cua Dai a miss and head straight to An Bang, it's far nicer and you don't get so much bother with beach traders.
    When we first arrived in Hoi An we stayed in various hotels for 5 weeks (we live here now). The hotels here do tend to be a bit more expensive than other areas in Vietnam, but they are far better as there is a lot of competition. Whilst waiting for our house to be built we stayed in a great hotel, a 2 min walk from the town called the Vinh Hung 3, it's about25 for a standard room, but for a few dollars more you can get a deluxe room with a balcony and even an in room computer and music dock and a good breakfast thrown in. It's got a pool on the top floor as well which nobody seems to use so you can go for a sunset swim and have the pool all to yourself. I can't recommend it highly enough for the price. I think they have a website.
    I hope you love Hoi An as much as we do and if you need any other pointers give me a shout and I would be happy to help.
    PS everyone that comes here seems to go to My Son.... my advice would be to give it a miss unless you are really interested in Cham Architecture as there is really not much of it left,this might save you a 6am start!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Da Nang