Da Nang Travel Answers

change location

hanoi to da nang drive

by michaeljohndwyer Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 3:49 AM

I will be travelling with a friend and want to know about the drive from hanoi to da nang
can it be done how long is the drive (time and distance) can anyone suggest a company that can drive us
and what prices should we expect to pay

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • betska's Profile Photo

Re: hanoi to da nang drive

by betska Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 5:31 AM

I would suggest the train but maybe that's not your thing...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Mate, it is 660km from Hanoi to Hue, which is just north of Danang. On an open bus, it will probably take you about 16 hours! The ticket (for two) will probably cost around30.
    We flew with Pacific Airlines, which cost us99 (for two) and took just over an hour.
    Check out http://www.sinhcafevn.com/default.asp for further guidance.

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Jul 26, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Correction to above: we flew Pacific Airlines from HCMC to Danang ($99). We flew Vietnam Airles from Hue to Hanoi, which cost us112.

• mikeinvietnam's Profile Photo

by mikeinvietnam Online Now Jul 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM

I've used rented cars for a few years when visiting VN but now that I live here I had the opportunity to travel by new quality buses operated by Sinh Cafe, sinhcafevn.com. If you pick the bus route you might be pleasantly surprised with the results. The ride from Ha Noi to Hue is about 13 hours on an open-tour overnight sleeper bus. However, you might enjoy the daytime bus so you can see the countryside. I didn't check any routes to Da Nang but you could rent a car in Hue for that part of the trip. I've found other tourists on the buses to be interesting and great fun when traveling the length of Vietnam. Most Sinh Cafe bus drivers are good but one of them drove exceedingly too fast and I asked for him to slow down. When he didn't I said to him loudly that he's an SOB and the tourist guide made him go much slower the rest of the trip. All other passengers then said THANKS to me. That was the only mishap in 100 hours of riding buses from Saigon to Ha Long Bay and back. Overnight buses have clean toilets and the daytime buses don't offer them, that I know of.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Da Nang