Da Nang Travel Answers

change location
JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Danang to Hoi An via beaches and Marble Mountains

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Dec 5, 2007 at 8:31 PM

What is the best way to arrange a trip from Danang to Hoi An, but via My Khe Beach (China Beach) and Marble Mountains?
How much time should you invest in this?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • hansyen's Profile Photo

Re: Danang to Hoi An via beaches and Marble Mountains

by hansyen Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 1:03 AM

If you want do it yourself on a motorbike it is very easy. On the road from Danang to Hoi An you will pass Marble Mountains. China Beach is not so very special if you are not American. It is just the thought that during the war an American R and R centre was located over there. But if you want to visit this beach it is not difficult to find because it is on the other side of the mountains. The whole trip will takes you maximum half a day.
    Veel succes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 3:04 AM

Thanks for the reply. You're right. Not really interested in the war. More interested in landscape. What would be the best beaches in this region?

by hansyen Online Now Dec 6, 2007 at 3:31 AM

When going from Danang to Hoi An try to take the road along the coastline and i'm sure you will find the beach you are looking for. btw it not the same road you have to take if you are planning to go to Marble Mountains.
    If you still doesn't like the beaches over there I advice you to go to Lang Co. That is on halfway between Danang and Hue. It is one of the more beautiful landscape of Vietnam

When going from Danang to Hoi An try to take the road along the coastline and i'm sure you will find the beach you are looking for. btw it not the same road you have to take if you are planning to go to Marble Mountains.
    If you still doesn't like the beaches over there I advice you to go to Lang Co. That is on halfway between Danang and Hue. It is one of the more beautiful landscape of Vietnam

• kidfree's Profile Photo

by kidfree Online Now Dec 7, 2007 at 12:56 PM

I just grabbed a taxi from the hotel for convenience. There were people turning up at marble mountain on the back of motor bikes but I wasnt quite comfortable enough to take that option on the roads there on what is around a 30-40 minute journey. I allowed an afternoon for the same trip and it was plenty enough time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Da Nang