Czech Republic Travel Answers

change location
Benjamin08's Profile Photo

Where to change Euro in KZC?

by Benjamin08 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 3:51 AM

What is (approximately) the smallest difference (in %) between bit and offer for KZC/Euro?
Where to change Euro in KZC?
Thanks in advance.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • von.otter's Profile Photo

Re: Where to change Euro in KZC?

by von.otter Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM

It is likely that any bank in the Czech Republic will make the exchange from euros to the koruna for you. The bank will take its share for making the exchange; I cannot tell you how much.

What with the euro used in 17 European countries, I would suggest that you hold on to your extra euros for your next visit to a country that uses the currency. The bills & coins will not spoil!

And the best place to get fresh koruna would be any cash machine in the Czech Republic; the best rates of exchange can be found here, better than at a teller window.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Re: Where to change Euro in KZC?

by rexvaughan Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Benjamin08 wrote:
    What is (approximately) the smallest difference (in %) between bit and offer for KZC/Euro? Where to change Euro in KZC? Thanks in advance.

Using VT's currency converter, the current rate is 24.48 KZC for 1 Euro.  That does not mean that this is the rate you will get, but should give you some idea of the approximate exchange rate.  I agree that you should try to do the exchange at a bank.  Sometimes you can also find reputable currency exchanges at airports and train stations but I don't know how their rates compare to banks.  Do exchange rather than trying to use euros in the Czech Replublic as using euros will almost surely mean you are getting a less favorable rate.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Czech Republic Travel Answer Locations