change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mark1989ruseell's Profile Photo

Is it safe to travel ??

Cyprus Jun 28, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Hi there me and my family are going on our first trip to Cyprus this August and can't wait although I'm a bit concerned about beeing so close to Syria with all these attacks can anyone put my mind at rest would be much appreciated.

more
    • Travelling with a baby

Cyprus Jun 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Hi - we will be travelling to Cyprus in August with a 7 month old baby. Are pamper nappies and swim nappies readily available. Also baby food and powdered milk. Any other advice would be very helpful.
      Thanks in advance

more
    • Mark1989ruseell's Profile Photo

Is it safe to travel ??

Cyprus Jun 28, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Hi there me and my family are going on our first trip to Cyprus this August and can't wait although I'm a bit concerned about beeing so close to Syria with all these attacks can anyone put my mind at rest would be much appreciated.

5 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 2:36 AM
    • Travelling with a baby

Cyprus Jun 19, 2015 at 3:07 PM

Hi - we will be travelling to Cyprus in August with a 7 month old baby. Are pamper nappies and swim nappies readily available. Also baby food and powdered milk. Any other advice would be very helpful.
      Thanks in advance

4 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    • First time to paphos

Paphos May 24, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Hi we are staying at Louis imperial beach in July, our first time in Cyprus and just wanted to ask what do people recommend doing and any tips to get the most out of our holiday ?

3 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 5:51 AM
    • Spectacle prices & upper driving age limit

Cyprus May 21, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Googled upper age limits for driving in Cyprus but to no avail - plenty of info on minimum age limits. Would be driving on a full UK licence and happy to get International Driving permit - does anyone please know the upper age limit for driving?

Second question: are the rumours that buying prescription spectacles cheaper in Cyprus dependant on the exchange rate at the time - also heard that India was very cheap - I am well aware of the risks of buying overseas but I'm happy to give it a go

All info much appreciated

2 Answers May 23, 2015 at 1:35 AM
    • r.s.pratchett's Profile Photo

Spending Money

Paphos May 18, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Hi everyone, new here!

A group of us are visiting Paphos in June and are staying in a self catering villa. I was just wondering if anyone has been there recently and could help with costs etc. I'm just wondering what we can expect to pay for things such as meals out, costs of drinks whilst out and cost of wines/spirits etc in supermarkets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Becky

6 Answers May 21, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    • Leather goods

Cyprus May 12, 2015 at 2:14 AM

Where is the best place to get leather goods like a handbag for women, skirt or a jacket. And what is the price range. I am visiting end of June till mid August 2015. Is it relatively cheap or its the same as the regular price of leather goods?

Thank you,
      Ysah

1 Answer May 12, 2015 at 10:33 AM
    • artonice's Profile Photo

North Cyprus Car Rental

Cyprus May 5, 2015 at 4:19 AM

Can you recommend a trustable car rental company for North Cyprus ? (Want to take the car from Ercan Airport)

2 Answers May 5, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • Karypage's Profile Photo

Cyprus Tips - Information - Vacation

Cyprus Apr 8, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Hello all, could anyone who went to cyprus help me? I will go there but I cannot hire a car, I will spend one week there, and I have no idea of where to go and etc, someone help me to make a itinerary with any tips/information??

7 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 11:26 PM
    • Karypage's Profile Photo

S. Cyprus - Ercan airport

Cyprus Apr 6, 2015 at 2:53 PM

I will get to S. cyprus from Paphos airport, but I will leave cyprus from N. Cyprus Ercan airport, I dont know how to get in the airport, I didnt found answers anywhere, please help meeeee, my flights is really early (6AM) but I dont mind to sleep one day in airport if I have to!!

9 Answers Apr 8, 2015 at 4:53 PM
    • 6 hours cruise stop

Larnaca Mar 29, 2015 at 9:53 PM

Hi
      I will have a short break in Larnaka with two children (10,12).
      Any suggestion for a couple of hours?
      Thanks

5 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 9:47 AM
    • 6 hours cruise stop

Limassol Mar 29, 2015 at 9:52 PM

Hi
      I will have a short break in Limassol with two children (10,12).
      Any suggestion for a couple of hours?
      Thanks

2 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 10:41 PM
    • entry reqirement for TRNC

Cyprus Mar 25, 2015 at 11:31 AM

can you tell me the entry process for a entry visa for the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus for a Philippines passport holder

4 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 11:33 AM
    • Day trip to Famagusta from Agia Napa or Kyrenia

Famagusta Mar 22, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Does anyone know any tour operator for a day trip to Famagusta either from Ayia Napa or Kyrenia? I don't have a car, is there a bus that will take you there, how far away are the main sights/attractions from the bus stop after getting off? Do I need to catch another bus?

7 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 12:29 AM
    • Hotel and bus location.

Limassol Mar 21, 2015 at 10:37 AM

I need to take an early bus from Limassol to Kalavasos. The route planner I've found on a website says, "Depart from Limassol Port (Limassol) Bus Stop and get on bus route Intercity Nicosia - Limassol towards Dionisiou Solomou Square (Nicosia)...." But it doesn't give an address of this bus stop. I need to find a hotel near to this bus stop? Does anyone know if Le Village Hotel or Harmony Bay Hotel is close to this bus stop. If not, any recommendation. Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 11:22 PM
    • Easiest way to get from Protaras to Nicosia

Cyprus Mar 17, 2015 at 6:51 AM

I am visiting Protaras in May and want to know the easiest way to get from Protaras to Nicosia, on a regular basis, without hiring a car?

Any ideas?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    • Public transport for Lefkara

Cyprus Mar 11, 2015 at 8:26 AM

Read that there is a public bus service between Larnaca and Lefkara, but the book doesn't provide details and I can't find anything on the internet. Does anyone know the departure day and time, please. Also, is there any public bus between Nicosia and Lefkara, Lefkara and Paphos?   Grateful if you can help.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2015 at 9:00 AM
    • Buying bus ticket

Cyprus Mar 9, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Is it necessary to buy intercity bus ticket in advance? Say from Nicosia to Paphos, or Nicosia to Ayia Napa?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 12:44 AM
    • Store luggage in Nicosia

Cyprus Mar 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM

I will arrive in Nicosia in the morning of 4/42015, I would like to tour around Nicosia before taking a bus to another city. Is there any place that I can store my luggage in Nicosia so that I don't have to carry my luggage around? It's an Easter Saturday, will places of interests be closed for Easter?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 8:15 PM
    • Itinery N+S Cyprus 2,5 weeks with kids

Cyprus Mar 3, 2015 at 3:45 AM

Hi guys!

Could I please check with you if my planned itinery makes sense?

We are travelling with 2 kids (1x toddler of 2 and 1x baby of *just* 1). Goal for the trip is to recover a bit after a few hectic years with the kids (broken nights and so), so we would like to have some time to relax (sun, beach). However, we wish to see some of Cyprus as well. We wish to start slow, so we booked a holiday village (resort) in Paphos for the first week (something we never did before, we are used to hostels...). Due to the kids, we wish not to change accommodation too often (preferably max. 4 times or so). We have a rental-car for the whole trip.

My questions:
      Does the itinery below seem logical?
      Does it make sense to rent another car in the North for what we plan to do?
      Is Kyrenia a good place to stay to explore the North?
      Are we too long in the Paphos / Polis area? Should we stay longer in the East instead?

Day 1: Arrive Paphos, check into resort. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 2: Chill (at resort + beach). Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 3: Chill (at resort + beach). Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 4: Chill (at resort + beach). Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 5: Day-trip Paphos. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 6: Day-trip Paphos area / coast above Paphos. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 7: Day-trip Paphos area / coast above Paphos. Night: resort Paphos.
      Day 8: Check out, drive to Polis area. Night: Polis.
      Day 9: Polis (beach / drive along coast West and East of Polis). Night: Polis.
      Day 10: Check out, drive to Nicosia. Park car, rent another one in the North, arrive at Kyrenia. Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 11: Explore villages in the area. Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 12: Chill (at hotel and beach). Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 13: Daytrip to Famagusta. Night: Kyrenia.
      Day 14: Drive back to Nicosia, change rental car, continue to Kalavasos. Found an amazing B&B there.
      Day 15: Chill (at B&B). Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 16:Governor's Beach. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 17: Day-trip to Lanarca. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 18: Day-trip to Troodos Nat. Park. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 19: Spare day. Night: Kalavasos.
      Day 20: Depart in the morning (from Paphos).

Thanks guys!!

Robin.

8 Answers Mar 4, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    • Taking a rental car from South to North - contract disallows it

Cyprus Mar 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

I am planning a 2,5 week trip to Cyprus in April, and noticed that almost no car rental company will allow to take the car into the North, not even the larger Avis/Hertz/Europcar ones. I only found one (after I checked around 20!!), and that one was really expensive and seemed dodgy.

As I have to buy insurance at the border anyways, what would happen if I were to take the car into the North?

Reason for me not to higher a "second car" for the North period (however silly this sounds), is that I am planning to enter in the far West (coming from Polis), and planning to go back to the South in Nicosia.

Thanks for the advise whether I could risk being a little naughty or should REALLY stick to the contract.

Robin.

14 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 10:02 AM
    • Crossing the Kyrenia range from Bellapais

Bellapais Feb 22, 2015 at 11:11 PM

I am planning a visit to Bellapais and am wondering, if it is possible to cross the range to the south, thus getting the famous view of Nicosia on the plain?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2015 at 11:34 PM
    • Accommodation

Cyprus Feb 2, 2015 at 7:53 AM

I would like to find a homestay or B&B for my stay in Cyprus, I like traditional house and would like to have some cultural experience, I don't want to check into beach hotels. Grateful if someone could provide some information or websites/links that I could source information from. I have looked up some websites but the accommodation I could find were mostly hotels and apartments. I found some houses for rent but will have to rent the whole house, too big for me and I will not be able to mingle with locals.

2 Answers May 27, 2015 at 4:36 AM
    • Travelling between North and South Cyprus

Cyprus Feb 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Is there any restriction travelling between North and South Cyprus? Read somewhere that you can only travel from one side to the other ( South to North/North to South? can't remember which to which now) but not the way round.

8 Answers Feb 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM
    • cyprus Vacation

Cyprus Jan 19, 2015 at 8:56 AM

hi can you suggest me the places to visit in cyprus, how to travel in the country (car or bus), where i can stay. i am planning to visit during april month(for 7days). my budget is not very much. please suggest me.

5 Answers May 27, 2015 at 4:36 AM
    • is there agrotourism in Cyprus?

Cyprus Dec 27, 2014 at 9:21 PM

WHat kind of agrotourism is there in Cyprus?

3 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 2:20 AM
    • Gorgona Taverna

Paphos Nov 4, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Is The gorgona tavern opposite the supermarket still open

5 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • advice please!

Protaras Oct 17, 2014 at 5:20 AM

Will be staying in Protaras the half term week end of October, slightly worried as a few posts say most places will be closed for the winter...... will anything be open? Also any advice on what to do there/places to visit greatly appreciated!!! Many thanks

4 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 11:25 AM
    • where can I buy luggage in paphos?

Paphos Oct 13, 2014 at 2:59 AM

My suitcase is damaged beyond repair. I do not have a receipt for it so I cannot claim insurance. I am staying at near the old town and need to know where to buy new luggage - not carry on. Thank you.

6 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 10:28 AM
    • Restaurants

Kyrenia Oct 11, 2014 at 12:52 AM

What are the best restaurants in northern Cyprus? We're staying in Kyrenia next week but happy to travel around

5 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • Larnaca in october

Larnaca Sep 14, 2014 at 6:32 AM

Thinking of going to Larnaca in late october..Is it out of season or is everything still open?

3 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 12:19 PM