Cuzco Travel Answers

change location

Cuzco, communication tower nearby?

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 3:46 AM

50 years ago my father worked in the Cuzco area on a contract that lasted almost 3 years.
He was there working on the construction of a huge communication mast (tall tower) that he described as being on top of a mountain.
Me and the wife will be visiting Cuszco in January 2010 and we are wondering if anybody knows if there is a mast sitting on top of a mountain nearby? It would be nice to see this if it’s still there.
If there is more than one mast then that would complicate things a bit but 45-50 years ago was when he was there and when it would have been erected.
Can anybody help with this unusual request?
Brett

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Cuzco, communication tower nearby?

by nhoolb Online Now Oct 4, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Can't really help you except for the fact that I understand very well your searching for family history in Peru, as I did (still do) that as well. However, as I travel frequently to Peru (and Colombia) I had/have the opportunity to unravel and discover bit by bit the places we/my family went to, in 1957-1961.

Are you sure it was a communication mast and not electricity? My father worked for electricity companies, joint ventures of Dutch-Peruvian businesses.

When in Lima you could try the following:

Ministry of Communications
    www.mtc.gob.pe

The museum of electricity (in Barranco, south of Miraflores)
    museoelectri.perucultural.or...

Again, not really much help, I think. However I would like to keep track of your searches in Peru.

Best,

Noel

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cuzco, communication tower nearby?

by Brett-Wallace Online Now Nov 19, 2009 at 5:48 AM

Well, what is your best price for one room (two people sharing) for two nights?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines