Curitiba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bus from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 20, 2014 at 4:53 AM

Hello, is there a way to book a bus ticket instead of flying from Sao Paulo to Foz do Iguacu, Brazil side. I would be coming from the Paulista area and staying in Parana of Foz do Iguacu. If i can buy a ticket online how far in advance can I purchase it? What is the approximate cost? If not, how far in advance should I buy it in person and where is the terminal located? I don't mind about travel time since I am not in a hurry.

more
    • Getting there from Campo Grande

Foz do Iguaçu Apr 17, 2014 at 6:26 AM

Just wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get to Foz do Iguacu from Campo Grande Matto Grosso do Sul in Brazil. It all seems very complicated.

If someone has a simple-ish solution could you please let me know.

Thanks

more
    • Two days in Argentina

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 31, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I am travelling to see the falls in June. I would like to spend 2 days exploring the Argentina side and a day and a half on the Brazilian side. I am flying into Foz do Iguacu. Would you recommend I stay in Brazil and travel to Argentina each day. Or should I stay in Argentina overnight?

more
    • Currency exchange at the Crossover

Foz do Iguaçu Mar 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM

Is there an exchange at the border after you enter Argentina? After seeing the Brazilian National Park, we are heading for the Argentina National Park and the Sheraton. We'll need pesos to pay to get into the park.

more
    • train availability to sao paulo

by anasatallah Online Now Dec 29, 2013 at 7:29 AM

if i need to use train servicese to move between sao paulo and curitibia is it available or not ?

3 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 4:53 AM
    • things to do with a 2 year old on a Sunday

by rich5945 Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Any suggestions for an activity to do with a 2 year old?

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • piosku67's Profile Photo

getting to Iguazu Falls

by piosku67 Online Now Jul 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

How can one get to the Iguazu Falls from Curitiba? It's the same state, Parana but it's a distanbce of 650-700 km. Is there a bus line or you have to take a plane?

10 Answers Nov 20, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    • mmetallica's Profile Photo

Visiting Quritiba in 18Th of Jan

by mmetallica Online Now Jan 3, 2012 at 5:45 AM

Dear All

I will be on business trip in Curitiba for a couple of days and I was wondering does it worth to extend my stay longer to enjoy being in Curitiba or do u think it does not worth to stay in Curitiba and I can travel to any nearby citifies where I have much fun ,my prefect trip will be if I found good carnivals , beach , shopping , unusual activities etc.

so please send me your detailed feedback

3 Answers Jan 4, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    • skullcrusher's Profile Photo

Curitiba during Carnaval! What to do?

by skullcrusher Online Now Dec 25, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Hey everybody,

I'm comming down to Brazil during Carnaval for the first time ever. Don't want to deal with the insanity of Carnaval in Rio, so I've decided that I'll catch a flight down to Curitiba during the main Carnaval dates of Feb. 17th to 21st. Are there any particular events that usually take place in Curitiba during Carnaval that are worth attending .... or should I just take a little trip to Ilha do Mel and chill over there?

Any suggestions?
      Thanks - Skull!

7 Answers Jan 22, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    • Renting an apartment in Curitiba

by travel_bug2011 Online Now Jul 23, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be visiting Curitiba (specifically UFPR) this Sept, and will be there for 1 month. I was wondering if renting a fully furnished apartment might be the best way to go? How should I go about finding such a place (unfortunately, I don't speak Portuguese as yet.. are there any English resources?) Are there areas to avoid (safety-wise)?

Also, is it easy (& cheap) to get around to the major tourist sites/ big cities?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Obrigado :)

2 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    • curitiba to Morretes. by train

by pdevaskar Online Now Oct 21, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I am visiting Curitiba on 17 th december ,2010,Thursday.need to leave on 18th or 19th night.I want to go to Morretes by train one way.THAT IS the only reason I am visiting Curitiba .PLEASE give me suggestions on how to buy ticket online fron USA..?Does SerraVerde Express run on Friday?tx.HELP!Also is there a way to buy bus ticket to Rio From Curitiba( Leito) Online from USA and what time does it leave to Rio at night.I ned to catch flight to USA from Rio on Sunday 19 th night and I want to reach Rio by Sunday a.m. for sure.tx .pl reply.

2 Answers Oct 22, 2010 at 4:55 AM
    • Moving to Curitiba

by meldia7 Online Now Sep 30, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Hello Everyone!

I am very excited to be joining my husband in Curitiba in December!

I am looking for opportunities involving ecology/plant science/conservation biology/Portuguese language immersion/English speaking friends.

I'm not necessarily looking for work right away, as I will have to work on my visa (husband is Brazilian and I am American, not sure how long visa process will take).

I am however, looking for opportunities within the city that would include: volunteer opportunities in nature parks, native plant studies, environmental clean up efforts, etc...

Additionally, any info anyone could provide on intensive Portuguese language courses would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also looking for English Speaking friends while I get my bearings!!!
      Anyone interested in giving me advice on how to get to know the city please let me know! I studied in Curitiba in 2005 for several months so I am somewhat familiar with it, but I will have days to fill and lots of energy so am looking for productive ways to spend time during the day in the city.

Thank you..look forward to hearing from you!!!

5 Answers Jul 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM
    • two visitors from sao paulo to curitiba

by sundingli Online Now Apr 10, 2010 at 2:18 AM

we are two visitors travel from china to brazil.

we will fly to sao paulo at 20th may afternoon. we want to go to curitiba. does any one can give us some information about the transort from sao paulo GRU airport to curitiba city centre?
      is that any train, bus or airline between these two places?

we have a quite luggage so we do not want to walk too much.
      we will stay in curitiba for about 10 days.

also is any good price hotel near the Location of Expotrade Convention Center, which is located in Pinhais, Curitiba’s Metropolitan Are?

thanks for your helping.

10 Answers May 10, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    • cmahina's Profile Photo

Girl moving to Curitiba

by cmahina Online Now Mar 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Aloha Everyone!

I am currently thinking about moving to Curitiba after I graduate from college in June. I have a number of questions on the topic:

1. What is the likelihood of renting a (cheap?) single bedroom/bathroom apartment with a kitchen either in Curitiba or Campo Grande?

2. I am interested in taking some Portuguese classes, the longer the program the better: are there any such institutions that could offer this?

3. Also, I am getting TEFL certified in April and am hoping to teach English while I am there, how difficult is it to find a job or do private tutoring?

4. Finally, what is the best thing to do concerning visas? Could I get a student visa if I was taking Portuguese classes or would I just have to work around my tourist visa?

If anyone could help me with these questions I would be SO APPRECIATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Obrigada!

6 Answers Jun 30, 2010 at 12:56 AM
    • Oscar Museo

by fako97 Online Now Jul 18, 2009 at 1:18 PM

How long does a tour of the museum take, and are there options for English-led tours?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2009 at 9:17 PM
    • Gay Bars and Night Clubs

by NireshS Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 4:53 AM

Hello everyone.

I will be visiting Curitiba in mid february.

Can someone please advise on things that I could do, but more especially gay bars, night clubs and adult cinemas.

Many thanks,

N

4 Answers Feb 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM
    • How can I get bus from Sao Paulo to Curitiba?

by ay09682 Online Now Oct 8, 2008 at 12:29 PM

I will arrive on 16th of nov., to Sao Paulo and I have training in Curitiba on 17th of Nov. I would like to know how can I get bus ticket or train ticket from Sao Paulo to Curitiba? and how many hours does it take in average to arrive Curitiba?
      ANd if someone could give me informations abt this city?

2 Answers Oct 9, 2008 at 5:57 PM
    • airport shuttle buses

by WILFBILSON Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 7:25 AM

My flight (if on time) arrives in Curitiba at 23.30. Allowing for delays etc. I may not get out of the terminal before- say - 1 am.

Does anyone know what time do the Aiport Shuttle Buses or the normal buses stop be running into the City?

3 Answers Apr 30, 2008 at 6:12 PM
    • Coming to Curitiba on Friday! Anyone want to be my Guide ;) ??

by Hansemann Online Now Mar 18, 2008 at 5:28 PM

Hi!
      Im a 24 year old student from Germany and Im making an internship here in Brazil. On Friday I will be in Curitiba, so if anyone would like to show me the city....
      I would appreciate this very much.
      Email me!
      hansemann83@yahoo.de

Ciao!

• triassicpark1's Profile Photo

Cloak room/luggage room

by triassicpark1 Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Hi all,

Is there a safe place to keep my luggage in a cloak room in the bus or the train station. I am taking the bus from Iguassu and arriving in the morning to Curitiba at 7 AM. I am taking the train journey at 8 AM. Is there a safe place to leave my luggage in the vicinity. Please help.

2 Answers Mar 30, 2007 at 5:45 AM
    • triassicpark1's Profile Photo

Train tickets

by triassicpark1 Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 1:05 PM

Dear members,

I have tried this website http://www.serraverdeexpress.com.br
      I also gave it to my travel agent In Brazil. I want 2 tickets on the left side for the train journey. This has been recommended in these forums as well as Lonely planet guide. My travel agent In Brazil says that seats are allocated in random and is unable to promise me seats on the left side. I am planning that particular journey for 25th May'07. I think being so much in advance there should be a way for it. Or is it first come first served and you can choose your seats?

Is ther any 1 st class compartments or all seats are passenger class/economy class?
      input much appreciated.

4 Answers Mar 31, 2007 at 1:04 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Gay Restaurants

by yvr Online Now Mar 13, 2007 at 5:22 PM

Any suggestions for gay restaurants in Curitiba, Brazil?

• Moving to work in Curitiba for 6 mths and want to find an apartment

by marklaitao Online Now Jan 2, 2007 at 6:25 PM

Dear all

I am assigned to work in Curitiba for 6 mths starting from late Jan 2007 by the company and will come with my wife.

The company finds me a hotel with just a microwave and fridge. As we like doing our cooking and importantly six months is not a short period and staying in a hotel will definitely drive us crazy, we wish to find a furnished apartment with two bedrooms, kitchen, belcony and basic electric appliance.

My questions are:

1. Can I easily rent such an apartment for 6 mths in Curitiba?
      2. What will be the normal rent for an apartment say 70 square meters?
      3. By what source could we find these informations?

Your advise/help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

1 Answer Jan 3, 2007 at 8:11 PM
    • shirubana's Profile Photo

Flea Market, or Cheap Store for Furnishing Apartment

by shirubana Online Now Dec 23, 2006 at 3:33 PM

Hello, me and other 3 girls are going to study next february and planning on renting an apartment. Do you know where can I find cheap, used beds / house stuff? like a flea market, or street market or something :)

Thanks

3 Answers Dec 24, 2006 at 2:20 PM
    • yvr's Profile Photo

Hotel

by yvr Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 8:10 PM

Am requesting comments of any past guest of the Inter Palace Hotel in Curitiba.

1 Answer Nov 25, 2006 at 8:37 AM
    • Best places to shop and what to shop for?

by TLMiller4shopping Online Now Nov 23, 2006 at 7:47 AM

I am going to Curitiba tomorrow and want to do my Christmas shoping there. What gifts are native to Brazil? I like to steer away from tourist traps and prices and shop with the residents. Thanks for any suggestions and help!

1 Answer Nov 23, 2006 at 8:39 AM
    • Curitiba - Paranagua train

by travelertraveler Online Now Nov 20, 2006 at 12:50 AM

I am trying to find out about the train trip from Curitiba to Paranagua. I realize there are 2 train services. 1)Do they both operate every day? 2) How do I buy tickets ahead of time from the US? 3) Any other info greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 9:11 AM
    • looking for daily appartment

by Nilital Online Now Sep 15, 2006 at 12:44 AM

Hi
      I am looking for 10-14 days furnished appartment in Curitiba.
      Dates October 25 - Novmenber 8 th

Tnx
      Nili

1 Answer Sep 18, 2006 at 10:19 AM
    • curitiba experience

by bonginho Online Now Aug 9, 2006 at 2:02 AM

can anyone recommend any good places to crash in.
      at reasonable rates

2 Answers Aug 14, 2006 at 11:11 AM
    • things to do in curitiba

by visitingbrazil Online Now Jul 5, 2006 at 11:22 AM

any great things that i should do while in curitiba? i'm going for a wedding of a friends with my boyfriend...we love anything with a good history, athletic, culturally interesting, musical, etc..

thanks!

4 Answers Jul 28, 2006 at 4:30 AM
    • Rosalita_BsAs's Profile Photo

Portuguese Classes

by Rosalita_BsAs Online Now May 17, 2006 at 9:34 AM

Hello!
      I will be traveling to Curitiba at the end of May and hope to take a couple of weeks of Portuguese classes. I would appreciate any recommendations for economical Portuguese tutors or institutes. About how much should I expect to pay for an hour of private instruction?
      Thanks!
      Rosie

1 Answer May 18, 2006 at 6:53 PM
    • Subria's Profile Photo

Curitiba - Morretes - Florianopolis

by Subria Online Now Feb 14, 2006 at 1:56 PM

I would like to take the train from Curitiba to Morretes, is it possible to buy the tickets on the departure day or the day before or is it necessary to book them in advance?
      After the arrival in Morretes I would like to continue my journey to Floripa, are there public buses? Is it easy to do this trip in one day?

Thank you

Alex

2 Answers Feb 15, 2006 at 9:52 PM
    • phatima's Profile Photo

Best way to travel from Curitiba to Buenos Aires

by phatima Online Now Feb 13, 2006 at 6:01 AM

Ola,
      I am going to be in Curitiba at the end of March for the Global Biodiversity Forum, I can't wait. I'm planning this trip at the last minute as I have only just managed to get funding to go to the conference, and would love to be able to visit a friend of mine in Buenos Aires after the conference. I don't think I'll be able to afford a flight though... could anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for a bus ticket to Buenos Aires, and how long the journey would take?

2 Answers Feb 14, 2006 at 4:46 AM
    • Buses between Camboriu and Curitiba?

by Merce2006 Online Now Dec 19, 2005 at 1:42 PM

I'm planning on travelling to Curitiba and Ilha do Mel in January, but I have a bus ticket to Camboriu (I'm coming from Argentina). Which is the best way to get to to Curitiba (or directly to Paranagua) from Camboriu? Are there frequent buses? Does anybody know a bus company that makes this connection? Thank you!!!

2 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 9:37 AM