change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• bahaman's Profile Photo

Driving in Curacao

by bahaman Online Now Apr 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We will be visiting Curacao on a cruise ship in June and would like to avoid the usual tourist traps and rent a car to visit special cultural artefacts. Some questions that I hope the Curacao experts can help with:
      1) Is driving really as problematic as mentioned in some of the post
      2) Is there a mobile APP that can assist with locating the attractions?
      3) Is there a map online or otherwise available for the island?
      4) Are there any special venues that you might recommend?
      5) Any special dishes that we should try? We like to try local cuisine when we travel.

Thanks for answering any or all of the questions

Jerome

more
    • bahaman's Profile Photo

Driving in Curacao

by bahaman Online Now Apr 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM

We will be visiting Curacao on a cruise ship in June and would like to avoid the usual tourist traps and rent a car to visit special cultural artefacts. Some questions that I hope the Curacao experts can help with:
      1) Is driving really as problematic as mentioned in some of the post
      2) Is there a mobile APP that can assist with locating the attractions?
      3) Is there a map online or otherwise available for the island?
      4) Are there any special venues that you might recommend?
      5) Any special dishes that we should try? We like to try local cuisine when we travel.

Thanks for answering any or all of the questions

Jerome

4 Answers May 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM
    • ocean is it dangerous

by BonnieM15 Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I heard the ocean is dangerous for swimming, is this true

9 Answers May 8, 2015 at 6:54 PM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Is Curacao similar to Aruba?

by briantravelman Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 6:14 PM

I visited Aruba last year, and loved it! I am thinking about visiting Curacao, and was wondering if it's similar to Aruba, in terms of windiness, transportation, food, prices, safety, and people.

In Aruba, it was really windy. The bus and taxi system was wonderful. Taxi drivers would give each other business, and the people in general were the friendliest I've ever met. We would have complete strangers offer us rides, and I was hit on by the local girls on several occasions. And we could walk around pretty much anywhere, at any hour of night, and no one would bother us. And there were no hawkers, aggressive vendors, or harassment by locals. And the locals didn't get angry when they saw a camera, in fact, quite the opposite.

What about the airport? We had to get 3 hours early in Aruba, they were very lazy and short staffed, and we had to go through customs and 2 security checkpoints.

Is Curacao the same as Aruba? What are some similarities and differences between the 2 islands?
      I heard that Curacao is more "European" than Aruba. Whatever that means.

Anyone who has spent at least a few days on both islands, that can provide some insight?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2015 at 6:13 AM
    • What see and do in 8 hours in Curacao?

by IMCheapcharlie Online Now Jan 25, 2015 at 11:41 PM

I will arrive on a Carnival cruise ship next week and have 8 hours.

I am not interested in water sports but would like some experience of the culture and sights on the island. What can I do "on foot" once I leave the cruiseship. We are a healthy active couple age 50's that loves to walk. Is there a beach close by? Shopping? Any place with Wifi internet I can walk to? Museums/historical sights? Can I get a guided walking tour anywhere? I would rather not pay for a cruise ship excursion and appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 27, 2015 at 9:52 AM
    • Studio rental

by Travelexplorers Online Now Jan 4, 2015 at 8:27 AM

Worried about scams

2 Answers Feb 10, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    • big and tall clothing

by Snikt Online Now Nov 12, 2014 at 4:05 AM

Where can I find big and tall clothing for men in Curacao?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2014 at 5:42 PM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Bicycle rental

by darrmont Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I am considering renting a bicycle but it seems very expensive and I had thought of buying a 2nd hand bicycle as an alternative, are there any shops such cash converters (pawn shops) where I could buy a 2nd hand bicycle

1 Answer Aug 26, 2014 at 7:37 PM
    • Does Equus still exist?? Grill out on Friday nights??

by kdleeskis2 Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Would you recommend the Ranch or Equus. The Argentinian steak/chicken on skewers (Churrasca). We like local things to do and we tried this place the last time we were there in '07 but so crowded, could not get a table for awhile so we chose to leave. Is it still good. What is another local spot that sells krioyo. Thanks! Which beach to visit that is the prettiest. Porto Marie, Grote Knip, Playa Kalki we have been to. Any others??

5 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • curacao freezone

by anneee1 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hotel to close proximity to Curacao harbor freezone

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • curacao freezone

by anneee1 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I want to try shoping at the freezone area. Do they ship items purchased to another country upon request or is it just at their airport or hotel?

• Entrance sign at Hato Caves

by xnctrooper Online Now May 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

What is meant by Kueba di Hato on the entrance sign to Hato Caves in Willemsted Curacao

3 Answers May 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    • Flower Shops

by Mandinga40303 Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase flowers for a wedding close to the cruise ship docks? Thanks in advance!!

3 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 12:37 AM
    • Is the Floating market still in operation?

by elpasojeff2805 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

In light of the challenges in Venezuela; do the Venezuelans still come
      to Curacao and operate the floating market?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • RobinP13's Profile Photo

Looking for a braclet!

by RobinP13 Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Does anyone know the girl who makes and sells shell jewelry at the pier dock (where carnival freedom docks) Name or website?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Day Trip From Aruba

by briantravelman Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I will be visiting Aruba for a week in April, and we were looking at taking a daytrip to Curacao. I understand there is no ferry service, so does anyone know any cheap flights?
      I found some companies, but the cheapest one in $203, tax included. We were looking for something around $100.
      I heard sometimes on the island, they have special charter flights that don't show up online, and you can get a really cheap deal.
      Is it better to book a flight there, or from home?

How much is taxi from Airport to Punda district, or can you take a bus?

Willemsted is in my top 10, list of cities I want to visit. And IDK when I'll be in ABC islands again. I will kick myself for being so close and not going, but if the price isn't right, the price isn't right.

Any ideas?

• CynthiaT5's Profile Photo

wholesale shopping

by CynthiaT5 Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

how can i buy wholesale clothing and get it ship to the bahamas

• Curacao, Playa Porto Marie

by Rusti186 Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Going to Curacao soon via cruise ship. Want to know how much cab fare (round trip) is to Playa Porto Marie?
      Also would like to know if there are closer (walking distance) to a beach for snorkeling from cruise ship pier.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • tourist market Curacao

by wilweg Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Is there also a tourist market near the cruise ship docks with souvenirs and so on?? How do I find information about this market at the internet?
      Thanks
      S

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    • Do you recommend we rent a vehicle or go with a guide?

by FREESTYLECONNIE Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My husband and I (good health) will be arriving in Curacao via cruise ship for our first time Thursday, Oct. 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. What do you recommend we do? We would like to see as much of Curacao as we can. Thanks! Connie K.

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • Day trips to Venezuela?

by mdoyle501 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

are there safe day trips from Curacao to the closest point in Venezuela?

1 Answer Sep 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • jerseyboy88's Profile Photo

Budget travel lodging in Curacao?

by jerseyboy88 Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap places to crash in Curacao. All i am looking for is a cheap place to crash and chill out. Nothing luxurious or anything. I am planning to go sometime mid March of next year. I got in touch with a possible host on Couchsurfing.com but in case i decide to go the bnb or hostel route or last minute plans change, Ill have something to fall back on. Thanks all :)

4 Answers May 8, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    • Villa on Curacao

by Srichardson Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Do any of you have any experience in staying at a villa on
      Curaçao .? Concerned about possible safety issues, etc

2 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • Hot sauce @ The Van Den Tweel Market

by MeowMixx Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Curacao. During my stay, I bought locally made hot sauce that came in 4 varieites, mild, spicy, special, and papaya. The name on the jar said Mario's or something like that. It is the most amazing hot sauce and I really wish I bought more!!! Does anyone have more information on this specific hot sauce or even better, can someone give me a recipe? When I google "pika", it gives me a recipe for sliced onions and peppers in vinegar. However, the hot sauce that I bought is finally chopped and more like a relish. Thank you in advance!!! :)

4 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Beach close to Pietermaai Smal Apartments

by MsLena Online Now May 21, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I have pre-bookes a room at Pietermaai Smal Apartments located on the street Pietermaai in central Willemstad around this years Christmas and New Year.

I have done a some googeling, read a lot on TripAdvisor and the hotels homepage as well the Curasao tips here on VT, but I can not find any good information regarding the beaches close to Pietermaai. Is it a beach near the hotel? How is it? From what I understand the mose beautiful beach close to Willemstad is the one close to the Sea Aquarium. Is that right? From Google Maps I can see the distanse from Pietermaai to the Sea Aquariumis about 4 km; too far for walking. How much by taxi? Or will we find a bus?

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • Day pass to Curacao Marriott

by inch2512 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Is it possible to purchase a day pass to Curacao Marriott?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    • mrsdeano's Profile Photo

Where to stay on the island with kids in their 20's?

by mrsdeano Online Now May 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My husband and I have a conference in Curacao in March 2013 and our adult children would like to come stay with us. While I'm thrilled they want to vacation with us, I want to get the best possible location on the island. What part of the island would be best? I'm assuming some nightlife.

• Help please

by snadlee29 Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM

tryin to find a cheap and affordable place to stay in curacao for 4 night in aug can anyone suggest anywhere? and is there any rules that i should know bein that i will be traveling by myself and i'm a female

• Alex37's Profile Photo

Tips on Curacao

by Alex37 Online Now May 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Hi guys,

I am planning a visit to Curacao in the near future and wanted to find out:

1) The best places to stay?

2) The best places to eat?

3) The top places to shop?

4) The top beaches?

5) What the weather is like throughout the year?

6) The top activities to do?

7) The hottest events?

8) The top sights?

9) What the culture is like?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Answer May 15, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    • lojoblais's Profile Photo

2 women in their 40's

by lojoblais Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM

My girlfriend & I are looking for a vacation spot for this summer. We are in our 40's, & love the beach but also socializing in the evening. Therefore, we need a place where there is some nightlife, dancing, music, etc. While my friend is content to plop on the beach all day, I need to be more active -- some sightseeing, some physical stuff-maybe hiking, zipline, nature, speed ......
      Would this be a good spot for us? Any suggestions as to where to stay/ what to see & do?
      btw- we are not the backpack types, we want comfortable hotel digs.

3 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    • Transportation

by debdsfine Online Now May 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Does the Royal Sea Aquarium offer airport transportation to and from resort?