Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• curacao freezone

by anneee1 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hotel to close proximity to Curacao harbor freezone

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    • curacao freezone

by anneee1 Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 3:45 PM

I want to try shoping at the freezone area. Do they ship items purchased to another country upon request or is it just at their airport or hotel?

• Entrance sign at Hato Caves

by xnctrooper Online Now May 27, 2014 at 9:11 AM

What is meant by Kueba di Hato on the entrance sign to Hato Caves in Willemsted Curacao

3 Answers May 27, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    • Flower Shops

by Mandinga40303 Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Can anyone please tell me where I can purchase flowers for a wedding close to the cruise ship docks? Thanks in advance!!

3 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 12:37 AM
    • Is the Floating market still in operation?

by elpasojeff2805 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM

In light of the challenges in Venezuela; do the Venezuelans still come
      to Curacao and operate the floating market?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    • RobinP13's Profile Photo

Looking for a braclet!

by RobinP13 Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Does anyone know the girl who makes and sells shell jewelry at the pier dock (where carnival freedom docks) Name or website?

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Day Trip From Aruba

by briantravelman Online Now Mar 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM

I will be visiting Aruba for a week in April, and we were looking at taking a daytrip to Curacao. I understand there is no ferry service, so does anyone know any cheap flights?
      I found some companies, but the cheapest one in $203, tax included. We were looking for something around $100.
      I heard sometimes on the island, they have special charter flights that don't show up online, and you can get a really cheap deal.
      Is it better to book a flight there, or from home?

How much is taxi from Airport to Punda district, or can you take a bus?

Willemsted is in my top 10, list of cities I want to visit. And IDK when I'll be in ABC islands again. I will kick myself for being so close and not going, but if the price isn't right, the price isn't right.

Any ideas?

• CynthiaT5's Profile Photo

wholesale shopping

by CynthiaT5 Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 PM

how can i buy wholesale clothing and get it ship to the bahamas

• Curacao, Playa Porto Marie

by Rusti186 Online Now Nov 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Going to Curacao soon via cruise ship. Want to know how much cab fare (round trip) is to Playa Porto Marie?
      Also would like to know if there are closer (walking distance) to a beach for snorkeling from cruise ship pier.
      Thank you!

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    • tourist market Curacao

by wilweg Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Is there also a tourist market near the cruise ship docks with souvenirs and so on?? How do I find information about this market at the internet?
      Thanks
      S

5 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    • Do you recommend we rent a vehicle or go with a guide?

by FREESTYLECONNIE Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

My husband and I (good health) will be arriving in Curacao via cruise ship for our first time Thursday, Oct. 3 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. What do you recommend we do? We would like to see as much of Curacao as we can. Thanks! Connie K.

7 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:23 PM
    • Day trips to Venezuela?

by mdoyle501 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM

are there safe day trips from Curacao to the closest point in Venezuela?

1 Answer Sep 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    • jerseyboy88's Profile Photo

Budget travel lodging in Curacao?

by jerseyboy88 Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Does anyone know of any cheap places to crash in Curacao. All i am looking for is a cheap place to crash and chill out. Nothing luxurious or anything. I am planning to go sometime mid March of next year. I got in touch with a possible host on Couchsurfing.com but in case i decide to go the bnb or hostel route or last minute plans change, Ill have something to fall back on. Thanks all :)

4 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    • Villa on Curacao

by Srichardson Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Do any of you have any experience in staying at a villa on
      Curaçao .? Concerned about possible safety issues, etc

2 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    • Hot sauce @ The Van Den Tweel Market

by MeowMixx Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Curacao. During my stay, I bought locally made hot sauce that came in 4 varieites, mild, spicy, special, and papaya. The name on the jar said Mario's or something like that. It is the most amazing hot sauce and I really wish I bought more!!! Does anyone have more information on this specific hot sauce or even better, can someone give me a recipe? When I google "pika", it gives me a recipe for sliced onions and peppers in vinegar. However, the hot sauce that I bought is finally chopped and more like a relish. Thank you in advance!!! :)

4 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 5:57 PM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Beach close to Pietermaai Smal Apartments

by MsLena Online Now May 21, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I have pre-bookes a room at Pietermaai Smal Apartments located on the street Pietermaai in central Willemstad around this years Christmas and New Year.

I have done a some googeling, read a lot on TripAdvisor and the hotels homepage as well the Curasao tips here on VT, but I can not find any good information regarding the beaches close to Pietermaai. Is it a beach near the hotel? How is it? From what I understand the mose beautiful beach close to Willemstad is the one close to the Sea Aquarium. Is that right? From Google Maps I can see the distanse from Pietermaai to the Sea Aquariumis about 4 km; too far for walking. How much by taxi? Or will we find a bus?

Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • Day pass to Curacao Marriott

by inch2512 Online Now Feb 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Is it possible to purchase a day pass to Curacao Marriott?

1 Answer Feb 26, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    • mrsdeano's Profile Photo

Where to stay on the island with kids in their 20's?

by mrsdeano Online Now May 15, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My husband and I have a conference in Curacao in March 2013 and our adult children would like to come stay with us. While I'm thrilled they want to vacation with us, I want to get the best possible location on the island. What part of the island would be best? I'm assuming some nightlife.

• Help please

by snadlee29 Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM

tryin to find a cheap and affordable place to stay in curacao for 4 night in aug can anyone suggest anywhere? and is there any rules that i should know bein that i will be traveling by myself and i'm a female

• Alex37's Profile Photo

Tips on Curacao

by Alex37 Online Now May 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Hi guys,

I am planning a visit to Curacao in the near future and wanted to find out:

1) The best places to stay?

2) The best places to eat?

3) The top places to shop?

4) The top beaches?

5) What the weather is like throughout the year?

6) The top activities to do?

7) The hottest events?

8) The top sights?

9) What the culture is like?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

1 Answer May 15, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    • lojoblais's Profile Photo

2 women in their 40's

by lojoblais Online Now Jun 22, 2010 at 11:18 AM

My girlfriend & I are looking for a vacation spot for this summer. We are in our 40's, & love the beach but also socializing in the evening. Therefore, we need a place where there is some nightlife, dancing, music, etc. While my friend is content to plop on the beach all day, I need to be more active -- some sightseeing, some physical stuff-maybe hiking, zipline, nature, speed ......
      Would this be a good spot for us? Any suggestions as to where to stay/ what to see & do?
      btw- we are not the backpack types, we want comfortable hotel digs.

3 Answers Mar 29, 2011 at 7:36 AM
    • Transportation

by debdsfine Online Now May 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Does the Royal Sea Aquarium offer airport transportation to and from resort?

• How do you say "I am a vegetarian"?

by melodyjreid Online Now Apr 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Hello! My fiance and I will be spending our honeymoon in Curacao in August. We are both strict vegetarians. Will there be any problems finding vegetarian food there? Do most people speak Dutch there? If so, how would I say "I am a vegetarian" or ask if they can provide a meat-free meal? Thanks!

6 Answers Jul 16, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    • Car Rental under 23?

by Bav17 Online Now Jan 19, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Hello there fellow travellers!
      I'm planning on going to Curacao for a relaxed spring break in early march.
      I wanted to rent a car for a few days, but have come across that all outlets inclduing the local ones I found on the internet are 23+ I'm 22 (turning 23 in april... bummer) but I found on this site that some companies do rent to under 23 year olds.
      curacao-actief.com/index.php...
      Are they pulling my leg and this is some law? Or is it some kind of local policy? I was able to rent a full size Passat wagon in Italy at 19 and find it a little absurd I cant rent a Kia Rio on a little island.
      Are there actually any rental places?
      Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Jan 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    • would like to visit and stay in a affordable , quiet area in Curacao

by 99billy Online Now Aug 23, 2009 at 8:10 AM

We would like to stay in a studio or B&B in a quiet area of Curacao that has tropical flowers etc. We are open to suggestions. A 30 day vacation would be nice. Thank-you.

2 Answers Nov 19, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    • seaborne's Profile Photo

public transportation

by seaborne Online Now Jul 28, 2009 at 12:12 PM

What is the best way to get to the Hato Caves from Willemstad by bus? And how long would it take approximately? Thanks for your help.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2009 at 8:02 AM
    • Transportation on the island

by deevanlier Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 7:03 PM

My husband and I will be traveling to Curacao in March and I would like to know if you can take luggage on the bus from the airport to our hotel and how much it would cost. We will be staying at the Sea Aquarium Resort in Willemstad. If we have to take a taxi how much that would cost. I appreciate this so we can decide the best way to get to our hotel or if we should just rent a car. Thanks Dee

• hotels and store for food

by swiss78 Online Now Nov 16, 2008 at 4:18 AM

Hi !

We would like to go for 2-3 weeks in Jan/Feb 2009 in Curaçao Island. We don't like big hotels, so we're looking for guesthouse, small hotel, appartements, better on the noth-west coast of the island : have you some recommandations ?
      Is there any supermarket/store in this region and do we need a car or public transport are good ?

Thank you very much for your reply !

2 Answers Nov 23, 2008 at 8:43 AM
    • didgeridorien's Profile Photo

Womens softball in Curacao?

by didgeridorien Online Now Nov 9, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Hi!
      I will be doing an internship on Curacao in Piscaderabaai from Feb-April 2009. Does anyone know of a regular competition softball team there (or somewhere nearby). As I play softball in the Netherlands I would like to continue playing there...
      Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 12, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    • oxiB's Profile Photo

Finding a friend

by oxiB Online Now May 22, 2008 at 2:51 AM

I really need to find an old friend. He is from Germany, but he lived in Curacao about 15 years ago. Maybe still lives there, but I lost his address. He is a dental technician, about 45 years, his name is Rene Buntenbruch.
      Can anyone help me?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2009 at 6:44 AM