Curaçao Travel Answers

change location

Local food

by tinabee Online Now Nov 18, 2006 at 11:23 AM

Hi, I am planning a trip to the Marriot in January. I am not a fan of all inclusive vacations since it make me feel locked into the hotel's restaurant/s, however my husband thinks that this time we should. We are not into water sports and alcohol we mainly need to have our meals. Whenever we travel we enjoy eating wherever the local people eat. My husband needs three meals a day and I can deal with two, I end up having something light at lunch only because he is ready to eat.

1. How much pp would it cost (in US dollars) to have 3 meals a day in Curacao?
2. Please recommend three great non tourist restaurants. (The cuisine should be local not Italian, Indian, Chinese etc. unless their menu also consist of local food).
We may rent a car so distance should not be an issue.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Local food

by bishopsd Online Now Dec 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM

My wife and I stayed at the Marriot in July of 2009. We had a great time. We ate breakfast at the hotel in the morning - they have a very good buffet. We would pack a lunch for the day from a sandwich shop that is also in the hotel. We would take our rented car to a local beach and stay for the day and come home for dinner at night at the hotel.

We love curacao. We didn't eat at any local non tourist restaurants except for those near the beaches we were traveling too. The all inclusive is definitely worth it because we ate at the hotel three times a day even though we weren't at the hotel during the day.

I hope you enjoy it. The Marriott is great and you will love all of the little beaches that the island has to offer.

Scott

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines