Cumbria

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Best places to eat near rotherham theatre there's 11 of us Inc a 4 year old. For Sunday evening.

more
    • Luggage storage

Southampton Dec 11, 2014 at 1:17 AM

Is there a facility or company in Southampton that stores luggage while I'm off touring UK?

more
    • behappy30's Profile Photo

Peppa Pig World

Hampshire Nov 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Hi! I'm preparing a 4 days break to Peppa Pig World with my children (next may). I would like to know if there is any advantage buying tickets in advance via web. Also If tickets allow the entrance to Paulton's Park and if is it good for 3 years old children, and any other advice you can give me. We'll be using a rental car. Is there any other good attraction near there?
      Thanks a lot.

more
    • Regarding connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM

My thanks to all of you that replied to my questions about the connection time for flights at Terminal 5. Certainly put our minds at rest and we shall now relax and if necessary implement some very good suggestions should things go 'pear shaped'!!! We are tackling route 66 over four weeks so any more problems and i shall come calling !!! Once again thank you all.

Regards
      Alan

more
    • URGENT - Grainstore Apartments next to Excel London

London Dec 9, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Does anyone in London know if the Grainstore Apts. on Canary Wharf are still operating?

Their emails bounce, phone # doesn't work and the website is expired.

We have PAID reservations for tomorrow and can't get a hold of them.

Please HELP.

more
    • Souvenir UK car registration plate from London

London Dec 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM

I plan to get a license plate with my personal lettering as a souvenir from ‪‎London‬. Where to get it from?

The plate need not be original but a replica close to original would do. I like to collect the plates with my custom lettering from countries I visit. Is it possible to get one from London? Where?
      Thanks for the help.

more
    • nightclubs in wigan

Wigan Nov 28, 2014 at 3:33 PM

what was the nightclub called that was near what was intro agency?? if u went through the ally way to wallpaper suppiles it was on your right hand side.

more
    • connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 9:03 AM

We are flying from Madrid departure 0820hrs and arriving Heathrow 0950hrs thro American but operated by Iberia. We are leaving Heathrow at 1120hrs and arriving O'Hare 1345hrs thro American but operated by BA. We have 1hr and 30mins between flights - is this enough time? Both flights arrive and depart from T5. If time is tight can we ask a member of staff for assistance in order to connect with flights ? Does anyone know the procedure for a missed flight connection? We booked the flights thro American Airlines. I assume we just both clear security and not immigration.We are both UK citizens.

more
    • SONG's Profile Photo

connection times at London Heathrow

London Dec 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM

AFJ posted in misc and said he / she was not able to post in travel. So I have C & P........

connection times at London Heathrow

by AFJ 1 hours ago

Dep Madrid 0820hrs arr Heathrow 0950hrs on American 8816 operated by Iberia. Leave Heathrow 1120hrs arr O'Hare 1345hrs on American 6195 operated by BA. Connections at Terminal 5 with 1hr 30 mins spare - will this be enough time. If time is tight what are my options - not going till May so times may change again. When we made this booking we had a two hour window but not now. Can i get a member of staff to hurry us thro if necessary? Do i have to just go thro security and not immigration. We are UK citizens.

more
    • OLDENBURG TIMETABLE FROM LUNDY

Lundy Island Nov 23, 2014 at 8:02 AM

is there an ms oldenburg time table for departures FROM Lundy 2015. i have managed to download departure times and arrival times for Bideford and Ilfracombe but not similar for Lundy back to mainland

more
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Rail and rental car question

London 17 hours ago

I want to travel from London to Truro by train and rent a car from Enterprise on March 17th. I want to be picked up at the train station and dropped off at the airport. The Enterprise man's email does not give me a confirmation number - he seems to want me to buy a ticket on the train first. The National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner will only give me train times up to 2015 March 12th. But www.thetrainline.com/‎

is perfectly willing to sell me a ticket for the 17th. How can I get a car reservation confirmation without a train time (is there a website I can go to?), and should I go ahead and buy a ticket through 'thetrainline' people or wait a week and get one from National Rail?

more
    • What's the fastest airside method for transferring from terminal 3 to 4?

Heathrow Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM

I have a Virgin Atlantic - Delta code share flight arriving from Bombay to LHR terminal 3 and LHR - Detroit (USA) from terminal 4 since Delta is in terminal 4. I have a valid US visa so I "think" I can transit airside without a transit visa even if I am an Indian passport holder and not in the DATV list . See: gov.uk/government/uploads/sy...
      Question is what is the best way to connect between terminal 3 and 4 without picking the wrong train, subway, etc. ?

more
    • Time between non connecting flights

Heathrow Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be travelling from New Zealand to Dublin via LAX and heathrow. I've booked from NZ to heathrow on Air New Zealand, arriving at 10.40am. As they don't fly all the way to Dublin I will be booking the last leg on a different airline and will need to transfer my luggage. How long should I allow between the flights?

Thanks for your advice!

more
    • brooksrachel20's Profile Photo

Has anyone know a cheap shipping company in Oxford?

Oxford Nov 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I need to ship a few packages to Spain and all the companies I found are really expesive....the only average price I found was from www.onestopworldwide.com but I can't find online any review about this company. Has someone used it before?

Thanks

more
    • places to eat

Rotherham Dec 17, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Could you tell me were there is to eat family friendly for 11 of us before the panto on Sunday night in Rotherham thanks.

more
    • Budget accommodation and public transport.

Bamburgh Dec 5, 2014 at 6:51 AM

Is it possible to explore this area by using public transport, we are here mainly on a walking holiday but would like to use Bamburgh as a base and visit places like Lindisfarne, coastline walking to nearest villages with a return bus, maybe some walks in the Borders area? Also looking for either self catering accommodation or budget B & B for approx. 5 days in June 2015. Would appreciate any suggestions. Also does anyone know what season the puffins may be visible in this area. Thank you

more
    • Bristol Cathedral and St Mary Redcliffe - suggest more?

Bristol Nov 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM

I am a huge architecture fan and enjoy seeing and photographing Gothic style buildings. I just read and article that says the aforementioned two are Gothic architecture and look great. I browsed images and can agree. So, I am about to visit Bristol, would you recommend any more places to see other than those listed in the article:
      eurotravel.answers.com/engla...

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

Heathrow Dec 9, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I have a philippine passport and a valid irish visa. I booked a through-ticket flight via etihad which requires me to stay at heathrow for less than 3 hours while waiting for my connecting flight. I will be arriving by terminal 4 and departing by terminal 2 on my way to ireland. Will i be needing a transit visa?

more
    • Public transportation to Loo from St. Ives?

Saint Ives Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM

We're a party of three seniors heading for St. Ives and wondered if there was bus service to Loo? We're travelling in early April of this coming year and would love to spend a night in Loo but dare not rent a car as we're from the US and the roads are daunting to us. Can anyone assist in public transportation information to Loo from St. Ives?

more
    • is anything open in february in scarborough,?

Scarborough Dec 6, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Wondering if the amusements etc are all open

more
    • Visitor visa for transit?

Heathrow Dec 3, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Hi I have a visitor visa for uk. Is that okay to transit Heathrow with ?

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Art deco hotels

London Dec 11, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Does any one know,what area i should look for in London for art deco hotels,with either afternoon tea or 2 nights acomadation as a gift to a newly wed couple,not fusssed on price as 5 of us will be chipping in

more
    • Travelling to London August 2015. Cost of living ??

London Dec 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello everyone, how are you?

I'm travelling to London for a 7 days holiday, next summer (August) with a friend. And as I lived there from 1996 to 2007, I know how expensive London can be for a tourist, compared to any other city in Europe (unless, of course, you from Norway or Japan). So this time I'll go as a tourist, as there are things I never did or visited when I lived there.

Since it's been 7 years I left London (by the way I miss London so much), I don't actually know what is the cost of living in London for a budget tourist at this moment in time. I've already booked the flight, accommodation and London Pass, for London attractions + Travelcard which costed me a total of €700 (about £560) all inclusive.

Having done that (flight, accommodation, pass and travel card), what remains is food, drink and entertainment. So I was thinking on a (low) budget of £60/£80 (€76/€100) per day (that's £420(€530) for 7 days). What do you think? Can we live on or spend our holiday with this budget for a week? We obviously won't be spending £60/£80 a day, everyday. Surely we'll go clubbing a couple of times, some evenings we'll go to a pub or a bar with music and stuff like that, and then we'll get some souvenirs for friends and family back home!

Also we'd like to go to see Stonehenge (if we can squeeze some time in), on a day trip. What is the fastest way to get there and how much do you does it costs?

Thank you in advance friends!

Take care !!!

francis_opalm@yahoo.it

more
    • Must see things in London

London Dec 4, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I have a few friends coming over to London who want to to see the genuine underbelly of the city. We all know about big Ben and the Houses of parliament, but I was wondering if there are any more lesser know but equally as iconic things to visit in London.

more
    • Is 90 min enough for check in?

Heathrow Dec 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM

Hello, I am traveling from Paddington to Heathrow Terminal 5 on sunday, and first train leaves at 6,25. My flight is at 8,25 (European), is it enough time to check in and pass security?
      Thanks

more
    • Could someone provide a rough plan for a trip please?

Lake District National Park Sep 29, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Hi,

my parents are here from India and would like to spend a few days visiting the Lake District. Could you please recommend some rough plan of where which parts to visit and some hotel/b&b recommendations (if you happen to know of any).

Bear in mind they will be traveling from London by train to get there and will have to use whatever forms of public transport, trains, buses/coaches to move around once there. They are quite elderly...so don't suggest the areas which are more for hiking etc. Just some nice scenic areas and if there are also some historic "stuff" to see would be great.

Thanks for your responses in advance :)

6 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • transportation

Cumbria Aug 1, 2014 at 8:35 PM

transportation by train from Carlisle to Whitehaven.do they still run trains on that route. I haven't been to carlsle or Whitehaven for 45 years

2 Answers Aug 2, 2014 at 1:01 AM
    • 2 day tour of lakes with kids

Lake District National Park Jul 26, 2014 at 4:26 AM

We are visiting the lakes this summer and as it is only for 2 days, would like some advice on where to visit, drive, eat and camp (just for a night). We have 3 kids 13,9 and 5 plus a well behaved dog. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks

2 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • lake district to Edinburgh?

Lake District National Park Jul 24, 2014 at 2:55 AM

Are there any buses or coaches travelling up to Edinburgh from the Lake District?

5 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Looking for a hotel

Barrow in Furness Jul 17, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Hi, I'm Hyun, from south Korea. I'm planning my first visit to the UK. I will come to Barrow in Furness from Windermere(Glencree, Windermere, LA23 2EQ). My last stay will be in Barrow in Furness and the next day I will have to go to train station to go to Manchester air port.

So I'm looking for a hotel here, which hotel is within walking distance from the bus stop, to come and go back .

please, help me with this problem.

2 Answers Jul 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM
    • What s the nearest train station to Ullswater ???

Ullswater Jun 15, 2014 at 1:52 AM

What s the nearest train station to Ullswater ???
      thanks
      Dewi

4 Answers Jun 15, 2014 at 2:46 AM
    • Keafolk's Profile Photo

bus transport

Cumbria Jun 1, 2014 at 8:27 PM

any bus service from manchester airport to windermere?

1 Answer Jun 2, 2014 at 12:06 AM
    • Keafolk's Profile Photo

bus transport

Cumbria Jun 1, 2014 at 8:26 PM

bus from manchester airport to windermere?

2 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 12:05 AM
    • boating on lake coniston

Coniston May 15, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Is there a fee to sail a dinghy on lake coniston

1 Answer May 15, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Holiday away for me and my girlfriend in summer

Lake District National Park Mar 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Me and my girlfriend are planning a week away in the lakes this coming summer, we need somewhere nice but also relatively cheap to stay, preferably somewhere close to Windermere so we can just get the train as neither of us has a car.

11 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • 505 bus stop for launch to brantwood

Coniston Sep 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Which bus stop should we get off for the launch to Brantwood? Google maps suggests there might be a stop actually at the jetty? Thanks, Mandy

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    • Accommodation required for next week!! :-)

Lake District National Park Aug 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Can someone recommend somewhere for family of five (2 Adults, 3 children 13,13 & 15) to stay on the lake. i.e. cottage, lodge, boat house, cabin etc.

9 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Dog friendly B&B Pub

Lake District National Park Jul 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am looking for a quiet spot in the lakes to stay in a pub B&B that welcomes dogs, preferably close to the water at a price that wont break the bank can any one recommend such a place.

6 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    • Nottingham to the Lake District

Lake District National Park Jun 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi guys, my parents are flying over here from Canada and I thought a trip to the Lake District might be nice...however I've noticed that trains with East Midlands only go to either Bootle (Cumbria) or Oxenholme...which seem about an hour drive from the National Park. Do you have any tips on how to get closer to the park? Any recommendations on where to stay?

Thanks so much!
      Loie

4 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    • Thunderdarts's Profile Photo

Good accomodation in the Lake District

Lake District National Park May 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be visiting the lake district with my family for about three nights at the start of June (We have a 3 year old and an 8 month old)

Can anyone recommend some excellent accomodation near any of the lakes? We visited Bowness-on-Windermere briefly last year and were enchanted.

Budget is a consideration & self catering is fine, but our main desires are cleanliness, scenery and hopefully the likes of a rustic log fire!

Thanks for your help folks.

Greg.

4 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Train from Lakes District to Heathrow

Lake District National Park May 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM

What is the best way to get information about a train to get us to Heathrow?

4 Answers May 2, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • Carluchita's Profile Photo

Nicest places to visit in the Lake District with a 2 year old

Lake District National Park Mar 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Hello,

My husband and I will be staying in Lancaster with our 2 year old boy for about 5 days. We will go to Liverpool for about 2 days (hubby super fan of the Beatles) and we were wondering where should we go the rest of the days. We were thinking Conwy, Blackpool, Chester. Since we are traveling with a toddler we will be slower than normal because of naps, feeding, etc. What other places do you recommend we should visit that would be fun for my son and for us too? We rented a car.

Thanks so much!

6 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

One way car rental

Carlisle Mar 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Greetings! We are having difficulty finding a Car Rental Company that enables us to pick up a rental in Carlisle and drop it off 3days later in Heysham. We are catching this ferry to Douglas,Isle of Man as foot passangers.Would appreciate any names of car rental companies that do this one way rental...Thanks

7 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • Porteplume's Profile Photo

Next October, camping in Lake District

Lake District National Park Jan 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hi VT friends,

Long time no see... :o)

After our next May holidays in Scotland having been planned... I wonder if someone knows where to find the most quite and loveliest caravan & camping site in the Lake District.

Ideas? Suggestions?
      Thank you & Kindest regards,

Viviane

6 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Does a single day trip to Lake District make sense?

Lake District National Park Apr 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

I'm doing a short tour in Scotland and was wondering if it makes any sense to take a train from Edinburgh to Lake District for an overnight stay. Is just a one day stay in Lake District worth it?

I'm actually unaware of what one (as a tourist) really sees or does when visiting "Lake District". Any advice would be welcome. I'm actually asking for my parents. I'm not even sure if it's a straight train that'll go from Edinburgh to Lake District (Windemere right?)...and if they arrive in the afternoon...spend that evening and the next morning there and leave in the afternoon the following day. Does this sort of "stop over" tour make sense?

Look forward to your helpful responses :)

Thanks!!

7 Answers Apr 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    • driving in the lake district

Lake District National Park Apr 22, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Hi, I'm going to be spending a few days driving around the lakes at the end of may,in a classic mini, I'm looking to use mainly B and single track roads, I have some routs that I'm going to take but would welcome any local info has to good back and off main roads I can try the more winding and narrow the better it's what these little cars were made for, I'm staying in Ambleside and will be running out of there doing a different circular tour each day.

3 Answers May 19, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Advice on places to stay!

Lake District National Park Mar 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hi, I am thinking of taking my other half to the Lakes for his birthday as he's never been. There would be 4 adults and 2 children in total and we would need 3 bedrooms. I would consider a chalet, cottage, lodge but not a caravan - my 13 year old son who is Autistic doesn't sleep well and in a Cabin Bed he has no chance as he's nearly 6'!

I don't fancy being too out of the way and would like it to be somewhere my son and his friend can be entertained, sports, pool etc - night time enetertainment isn't a must but would possibly be used if available.

I would love somewhere with a private hot tub if possible - just something extra for his birthday.

Oh and I'd rather not pay the earth as he's at risk of losing his job!

I know it's a large act - I am a travel agent so have tried the usual hoseasons, cottages for you etc!

Thought I may get more options from those in the know!

7 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    • Michael's Nook Hotel

Ambleside Feb 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Is Michael's Nook closed?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    • Things to do at New Year

Barrow in Furness Dec 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi, Im stopping in Barrow in Furness for New Year with my boyfriend. Can anyone tell me the best places in and around to visit, the best shopping places (and if they will be open) Thank you

3 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    • North or South?

Lake District National Park Dec 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Would like to spend a few days in the Lake District in July. Will have a car.
      Trying to decide between Keswick/Derwentwater or Windermere as a home base. Any suggestions?

9 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    • Cheap Holiday Cottages in The Lake District?

Lake District National Park Nov 7, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Does anybody know of any cottages which are still available for the Christmas period. I'm looking at going for a week say 21st to the 28th.

Also can anyone recommend a good pub/ event to spend New Year in the Lakes?

thanks in advance,

Chris

5 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    • Ambleside over New Year

Lake District National Park Oct 28, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Hi
      Wonder if anyone can help with some information

My wife is looking at a cottage in Ambleside for a week over New Year. Can anyobe tell me if there is likely to be anything open during this period - restaurants etc.

I don't want to get there and everything be closed for winter as we would be looking to eat out most evenings at least

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Nov 3, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    • Accommodation For Geohustle Big G

Lake District National Park Sep 14, 2011 at 4:08 AM

Hi

Im taking part in the Geohustle 'Big G' mountian challenge in Keswick early October, i was hoping that someone may be able to recommend a walker friendly, and more importantly cheap b and b or bunkhouse.

I dont fancy camping this time but dont have big bucks to spend on a fancy B & B, maybe a bunkhouse would be a good idea but i dont know of any in the centre of Keswick so thats a no no.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers

Steve

2 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    • hassanshawky's Profile Photo

Bus from oxenholme to windermere

Windermere Aug 3, 2011 at 6:10 AM

How much a bus ride costs from Oxenholme to Windermere ? and how much time it takes?? is there a better transport alternative??

9 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM