change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

One day to spend - tips

Lake District National Park Apr 12, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I am planning to travel from London by Train to Manchester. Then take rental car to Lake District. Then I wanted to spend till noon next day to make return journey. This means I will have almost full 24 hours to spend wisely. Please suggest me an itinerary.

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 5:37 AM
    • Holiday away for me and my girlfriend in summer

Lake District National Park Mar 9, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Me and my girlfriend are planning a week away in the lakes this coming summer, we need somewhere nice but also relatively cheap to stay, preferably somewhere close to Windermere so we can just get the train as neither of us has a car.

11 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM
    • 505 bus stop for launch to brantwood

Coniston Sep 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Which bus stop should we get off for the launch to Brantwood? Google maps suggests there might be a stop actually at the jetty? Thanks, Mandy

2 Answers Sep 18, 2013 at 11:57 PM
    • Accommodation required for next week!! :-)

Lake District National Park Aug 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Can someone recommend somewhere for family of five (2 Adults, 3 children 13,13 & 15) to stay on the lake. i.e. cottage, lodge, boat house, cabin etc.

9 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Dog friendly B&B Pub

Lake District National Park Jul 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am looking for a quiet spot in the lakes to stay in a pub B&B that welcomes dogs, preferably close to the water at a price that wont break the bank can any one recommend such a place.

6 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    • Nottingham to the Lake District

Lake District National Park Jun 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Hi guys, my parents are flying over here from Canada and I thought a trip to the Lake District might be nice...however I've noticed that trains with East Midlands only go to either Bootle (Cumbria) or Oxenholme...which seem about an hour drive from the National Park. Do you have any tips on how to get closer to the park? Any recommendations on where to stay?

Thanks so much!
      Loie

4 Answers Jun 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    • Thunderdarts's Profile Photo

Good accomodation in the Lake District

Lake District National Park May 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Hi everyone,

I will be visiting the lake district with my family for about three nights at the start of June (We have a 3 year old and an 8 month old)

Can anyone recommend some excellent accomodation near any of the lakes? We visited Bowness-on-Windermere briefly last year and were enchanted.

Budget is a consideration & self catering is fine, but our main desires are cleanliness, scenery and hopefully the likes of a rustic log fire!

Thanks for your help folks.

Greg.

4 Answers Aug 18, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    • Train from Lakes District to Heathrow

Lake District National Park May 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM

What is the best way to get information about a train to get us to Heathrow?

4 Answers May 2, 2013 at 4:00 AM
    • Carluchita's Profile Photo

Nicest places to visit in the Lake District with a 2 year old

Lake District National Park Mar 19, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Hello,

My husband and I will be staying in Lancaster with our 2 year old boy for about 5 days. We will go to Liverpool for about 2 days (hubby super fan of the Beatles) and we were wondering where should we go the rest of the days. We were thinking Conwy, Blackpool, Chester. Since we are traveling with a toddler we will be slower than normal because of naps, feeding, etc. What other places do you recommend we should visit that would be fun for my son and for us too? We rented a car.

Thanks so much!

6 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    • hmb10's Profile Photo

One way car rental

Carlisle Mar 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Greetings! We are having difficulty finding a Car Rental Company that enables us to pick up a rental in Carlisle and drop it off 3days later in Heysham. We are catching this ferry to Douglas,Isle of Man as foot passangers.Would appreciate any names of car rental companies that do this one way rental...Thanks

7 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    • Porteplume's Profile Photo

Next October, camping in Lake District

Lake District National Park Jan 20, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Hi VT friends,

Long time no see... :o)

After our next May holidays in Scotland having been planned... I wonder if someone knows where to find the most quite and loveliest caravan & camping site in the Lake District.

Ideas? Suggestions?
      Thank you & Kindest regards,

Viviane

6 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    • Does a single day trip to Lake District make sense?

Lake District National Park Apr 24, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

I'm doing a short tour in Scotland and was wondering if it makes any sense to take a train from Edinburgh to Lake District for an overnight stay. Is just a one day stay in Lake District worth it?

I'm actually unaware of what one (as a tourist) really sees or does when visiting "Lake District". Any advice would be welcome. I'm actually asking for my parents. I'm not even sure if it's a straight train that'll go from Edinburgh to Lake District (Windemere right?)...and if they arrive in the afternoon...spend that evening and the next morning there and leave in the afternoon the following day. Does this sort of "stop over" tour make sense?

Look forward to your helpful responses :)

Thanks!!

7 Answers Apr 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    • driving in the lake district

Lake District National Park Apr 22, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Hi, I'm going to be spending a few days driving around the lakes at the end of may,in a classic mini, I'm looking to use mainly B and single track roads, I have some routs that I'm going to take but would welcome any local info has to good back and off main roads I can try the more winding and narrow the better it's what these little cars were made for, I'm staying in Ambleside and will be running out of there doing a different circular tour each day.

3 Answers May 19, 2013 at 2:51 AM
    • mickey.p's Profile Photo

Advice on places to stay!

Lake District National Park Mar 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Hi, I am thinking of taking my other half to the Lakes for his birthday as he's never been. There would be 4 adults and 2 children in total and we would need 3 bedrooms. I would consider a chalet, cottage, lodge but not a caravan - my 13 year old son who is Autistic doesn't sleep well and in a Cabin Bed he has no chance as he's nearly 6'!

I don't fancy being too out of the way and would like it to be somewhere my son and his friend can be entertained, sports, pool etc - night time enetertainment isn't a must but would possibly be used if available.

I would love somewhere with a private hot tub if possible - just something extra for his birthday.

Oh and I'd rather not pay the earth as he's at risk of losing his job!

I know it's a large act - I am a travel agent so have tried the usual hoseasons, cottages for you etc!

Thought I may get more options from those in the know!

7 Answers Apr 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    • Michael's Nook Hotel

Ambleside Feb 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Is Michael's Nook closed?

1 Answer Feb 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM
    • Things to do at New Year

Barrow in Furness Dec 27, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi, Im stopping in Barrow in Furness for New Year with my boyfriend. Can anyone tell me the best places in and around to visit, the best shopping places (and if they will be open) Thank you

3 Answers Dec 27, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    • North or South?

Lake District National Park Dec 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Would like to spend a few days in the Lake District in July. Will have a car.
      Trying to decide between Keswick/Derwentwater or Windermere as a home base. Any suggestions?

9 Answers Dec 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    • Cheap Holiday Cottages in The Lake District?

Lake District National Park Nov 7, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Does anybody know of any cottages which are still available for the Christmas period. I'm looking at going for a week say 21st to the 28th.

Also can anyone recommend a good pub/ event to spend New Year in the Lakes?

thanks in advance,

Chris

5 Answers Nov 9, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    • Ambleside over New Year

Lake District National Park Oct 28, 2011 at 6:16 AM

Hi
      Wonder if anyone can help with some information

My wife is looking at a cottage in Ambleside for a week over New Year. Can anyobe tell me if there is likely to be anything open during this period - restaurants etc.

I don't want to get there and everything be closed for winter as we would be looking to eat out most evenings at least

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Nov 3, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    • Accommodation For Geohustle Big G

Lake District National Park Sep 14, 2011 at 4:08 AM

Hi

Im taking part in the Geohustle 'Big G' mountian challenge in Keswick early October, i was hoping that someone may be able to recommend a walker friendly, and more importantly cheap b and b or bunkhouse.

I dont fancy camping this time but dont have big bucks to spend on a fancy B & B, maybe a bunkhouse would be a good idea but i dont know of any in the centre of Keswick so thats a no no.

Look forward to your suggestions.

Cheers

Steve

2 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    • hassanshawky's Profile Photo

Bus from oxenholme to windermere

Windermere Aug 3, 2011 at 6:10 AM

How much a bus ride costs from Oxenholme to Windermere ? and how much time it takes?? is there a better transport alternative??

9 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM
    • accommodation

Carlisle Jul 18, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Hello
      Can anyone suggest some cheap accommodation hostel/backpacker B & B in Carlisle or maybe Dumfries or Lockerbie.

Hope someone can assist.
      Cheers

2 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 4:21 AM
    • clareabee's Profile Photo

Can anybody suggest B&Bs or hotels that take 1 night bookings in Bowness?

Lake District National Park Jun 6, 2011 at 2:21 AM

We want to stay for one night on a saturday towards the end of july in Bowness on Windermere but everywhere seems stipulate a minimum of 2 nights on a weekend - that would be lovely but due to work restrictions we cannot commit to two days!

Thank you in advance,

Clare

1 Answer Sep 2, 2011 at 7:17 AM
    • What to do in Barrow on a day trip

Barrow in Furness Mar 5, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I am hoping to bring friends from Carlisle, Dumfries and Hartlepool on a trip to Barrow (by rail) and wonder if anyone can give me some interesting places to see. We will only have about 3 hours in Barrow and will need places within easy walking distance from the station. Hope someone can help.

thank you

3 Answers Mar 5, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    • need to know

Windermere Oct 16, 2010 at 1:13 PM

i need brochures about windermeres tourist. if some one knows where i can request a brochure off the internet please let me know.
      which is the best place in windermere to go for shopping?

2 Answers Oct 16, 2010 at 10:34 PM
    • THe coach house, Grasmere

Cumbria Oct 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM

We are just about to book with Lakelovers. The coach house at Grasmere. would love to hear from anybody that has stayed here in the past. Good or bad

Thanks Keith

3 Answers Oct 15, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    • What should we see/do?

Lake District National Park Aug 17, 2010 at 4:42 AM

We are visiting the Lake District for a few days in Setember. We are staying in Penruddock i believe, near to Penrith. What should we see/do/eat etc? Any suggestions welcome, whether they be obvious tourist must-see's or something a little less obvious and requires local knowledge.

Suggestions for eating places are also welcome, and does anyone know which pubs sell Timothy Taylor Landlord in the area?

Cheers

James

8 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    • looking for a photoworkshop one on one in august

Lake District National Park Jul 26, 2010 at 4:59 AM

Hi, we will be visiting the lake district in 2 weeks. I am looking at the web to give my husband a one on one day with a lake district photographer who knows where to go for great shots...!! Can any one give me some advice or refer me to some one? My husband knows how to make pictures...he is not a beginner...

Thanks in advance
      Miranda (Holland)

4 Answers Jul 27, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    • beatrix potter

Lake District National Park Jul 21, 2010 at 4:47 PM

hi, I would like to know if there are any tour from edinburgh to new sawrey to visit beatrix potter hill top house.Let me know if you know it or which is the way to go by bus or train from edinburgh.
      thank you

2 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 4:13 AM
    • henry14's Profile Photo

Recommendations for eatting near the Castle

Carlisle Jul 13, 2010 at 1:48 PM

We're attending a show at Carlisle Castle in a couple of weeks. Is there anywhere nice within walking distance of the Castle to eat on a Saturday evening? Looking for something informal and suitable for a teenager.

Thanks.