a place to stay with dogs and to smoke and a place to cook/grill
outside in mid Sept.

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Help me find

by leics Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Cottage or campsite?

Smoking is a major problem with the former. Insurance costs are simply too high for most owners to be able to afford it nowadays. Cottages in which one can smoke are as rare as hen's teeth....but you can always smoke in the garden, surely?

Try the official tourist info site, which lists all accomm and has a search engine:

http://www.golakes.co.uk/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Please ignore the above posting. I had foolishly assumed Cumberland UK. I have duly slapped myself.

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 2:30 PM

And here was I going to suggest that perhaps the weather would negate such jollity!

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I have no such desire. Your comment shows how little you know of me, although it tells us a great deal about you.

My post was a genuine error. On this occasion I did not, as I normally do, read the 'string' of locations which only appears when one clicks to reply (or to read previous replies). You will note that Hawkhead was about to make a similar error.

Perhaps you could advise the poster of suitable places to stay, or websites where a search for accomm could be made?

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

by hawkhead Online Now Jun 19, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Totally agree, Leics - I pounce on questions re Stirling, Perth, Naples, even London..... then find that they are not for the cities that leap immediately to mind. I remember one post for St Petersburg and a whole load of people replied as if it were for the Russian one.

Jonellis, I think the tone and content of your comment to be totally unnecessary and uncalled for. Btw, chalk does not have a 'u'.

• taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

by taurean_traveller Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Yes totally agree.I too thought Cumberland UK
    Have made the same mistake myself in the past,and people have politely put me right without the sarcasm.

Vters post on here to help and should not be treated that way.

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM

For anyone reading this, the relevant post has been deleted.

Thanks both. It's understandable, I think, that we in the UK automatically assume 'Cumberland' or 'Warwick' or 'Birmingham' mean 'our' locations. I've also seen US VT-ers make the reverse error on occasion.

Memo to self: always read the location 'string' carefully before replying. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines