Cuba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Educational trip

Cuba Aug 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM

I am an Irish passort holder, resident alien in the U.S. (green card holder) who wants to go to Cuba. My main motivation in going is that I am a professional pianist and a huge fan of Cuban music, and I want to soak up as much music as i can, maybe sit in with some bands and learn from the experience.

I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to visit Cuba:

1. Declare an educational reason for my visit (which is true)

or

2. Skip that and travel through Cancum using my Irish passport

If I go with option one, would I need to book an actual cultural/ musical tour? I"d much prefer a self guided trip.

Thans for any help.

more
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Which are the best cities to travel in Cuba?

Cuba Aug 20, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Planning a trip to Cuba however I have three routes options. I know they are different however I can't pitck which to go.
      If anyone has Cuba experience please let me know which of these "one or two routes" are good to travel.
      I like blend of culture, beach, adventure etc.

1) Havana, Viñales, Soroa, Maria la Gorda.
      2) Havana, Santa Clara, Trindad, Baracoa, Camagüey, Santiago de Cuba
      3) Havana, Santa Clara, Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus, Viñales

Also when is best time to visit Cuba, what months?

Thank you much
      Cheers :-)

more
    • electrical

Varadero Aug 12, 2015 at 11:18 PM

can I charge my cell phone safely in Varadero hotel room?

more
    • private guides from santiago de cuba

Cuba Aug 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM

I'd appreciate it if you offer a private guides for hiking Santiago de Cuba to Havana
      I'd love to get a name and phone

more
    • mosaka's Profile Photo

Which are the best cities to travel in Cuba?

Cuba Aug 20, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Planning a trip to Cuba however I have three routes options. I know they are different however I can't pitck which to go.
      If anyone has Cuba experience please let me know which of these "one or two routes" are good to travel.
      I like blend of culture, beach, adventure etc.

1) Havana, Viñales, Soroa, Maria la Gorda.
      2) Havana, Santa Clara, Trindad, Baracoa, Camagüey, Santiago de Cuba
      3) Havana, Santa Clara, Trinidad, Sancti Spiritus, Viñales

Also when is best time to visit Cuba, what months?

Thank you much
      Cheers :-)

8 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 12:38 PM
    • Educational trip

Cuba Aug 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM

I am an Irish passort holder, resident alien in the U.S. (green card holder) who wants to go to Cuba. My main motivation in going is that I am a professional pianist and a huge fan of Cuban music, and I want to soak up as much music as i can, maybe sit in with some bands and learn from the experience.

I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to visit Cuba:

1. Declare an educational reason for my visit (which is true)

or

2. Skip that and travel through Cancum using my Irish passport

If I go with option one, would I need to book an actual cultural/ musical tour? I"d much prefer a self guided trip.

Thans for any help.

3 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 2:16 AM
    • electrical

Varadero Aug 12, 2015 at 11:18 PM

can I charge my cell phone safely in Varadero hotel room?

8 Answers Aug 14, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    • private guides from santiago de cuba

Cuba Aug 5, 2015 at 9:00 AM

I'd appreciate it if you offer a private guides for hiking Santiago de Cuba to Havana
      I'd love to get a name and phone

9 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 2:51 PM
    • wildcrazyatver's Profile Photo

Bikes taken to cuba with new rules for customs

Varadero Jul 25, 2015 at 1:01 PM

I am taking a bike to Cuba this fall and would like to know with the new customs docs now have to be done going and returning to and from Cuba
      I would like to know if and or how or what to state on the doc
      Do I put nothing or claim it going as this is a new procedure
      And if I claim it will it be not allowed in the country?

18 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • Visit Guantanamo

Guantánamo Jul 24, 2015 at 6:34 AM

Is it possible to visit any of Guantanamo?

10 Answers Jul 30, 2015 at 7:09 AM
    • Playa Giron from Cienfuegos

Playa Girón Jul 23, 2015 at 3:36 PM

We are looking to hire a guide/driver to take us from Cienfuegos and back the same day.

11 Answers Jul 24, 2015 at 7:17 AM
    • Sharon's Profile Photo

Scuba Diving

Cuba Jul 14, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Hi All,

Good to be back here in VT after few years off... and soon im back to Cuba after 17 years !
      Going to a scuba Diving Safari in the Jardines de la Reina.

Has anyone around done that ? On which of the boats ?
      I'd like to receive any info you would like to share about it both about staying on the "floating hotels" ,
      Diving ... Equipment not to be missed,..
      What things did you miss there and needed ?
      In a nutshell... anything that you can add here will help me.

Many thanks !
      Sharon.

11 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 7:00 AM
    • Excursions

Cayo Coco Jul 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM

most of the dates I'm seeing for excursions are a few years old. We are going to Sol Cayo Coco the end of August (2015). What I'm getting from everything is that there isn't much on the island for shopping, no locals, but very easy to rent a scooter and get around. We are interested in the Colorful Cuba package and I was just wondering if its still offered and an approximate price if it is. I saw a picture of a waterfall from a National Park...is it on the island, how far is it?

8 Answers Jul 10, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    • Safety for girls

Cayo Coco Jun 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Is cayo coco safe for young girls traveling alone?

5 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    • wildcrazyatver's Profile Photo

Parasailing and Catamaran

Varadero Jun 21, 2015 at 6:53 AM

We will be staying at the Blau Varadero in Sept this year
      We have been to Varadero may times before but never seem to look for this excursion (parasailing)
      Would anyone know if its available and where? also we have been wanting to do the all day catamaran but as last checked the prices have increased does anyone know what the rates are now it was 99 CUC in Dec 2013
      Its a all inclusive excursion free booze or drinks, go to Cayo Blanco, snorkeling along the way and swim with dolphins on way back
      Any help would be appreciated

4 Answers Jun 21, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    • 2047hakan's Profile Photo

Cuba outside Havana

Cuba Jun 17, 2015 at 1:26 PM

Hi!
      I plan to spend one month in Cuba, Jan -16. One week in Havana, the rest is still unplanned but diving is a hobby, Isla de Juventud? Is it any good? Do I find Casa Particular there or is it only (expencive) divingresorts? Is flight the only way to go there?
      Any other good diving spots? We are talking backpacking/budget and local transport travelling. How hard is it to get around as a non Spanishspeaking?

4 Answers Jun 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • Visa / Tourist Card

Cuba Jun 14, 2015 at 7:24 AM

There seems to be some confusion on a visa or just tourist card is needed for Singaporean. Unfortunately there aren't a Cubana embassy here so making it quite challenging on this aspect.

I am flying to Havana via Rome from Singapore and I would like to know if the tourist card be be purchased at airline counter or somewhere at Rome airport? I have only 2 to 3 hours transit time so I need to be pretty sure where and how. Appreciate any advice please. Thank you.

7 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    • help for single senior female who likes to explore Havanna Cuba

Havana Jun 12, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Planning to go to Cuba januarie 2016,never been there,would like to spend 3 days Havanna 4 days beach what is the best way to do this as cheap and safe as possible,4 days beach first,to unwind,thank you so much

30 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • sheherezad's Profile Photo

Best time of year to travel to Cuba and best flight route from KUL

Cuba Jun 10, 2015 at 5:38 AM

Hi! Appreciate your advice as to the best time to travel to Cuba - weather-wise. Plus the best flight route to Havana from KUL - via Europe or the Pacific and any particular airlines recommended? Thank you.

31 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 10:18 PM
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

Playa de oro hotel/ wanting to know the name of one of the entertianers that work there?

Varadero Jun 1, 2015 at 6:39 AM

Hi I was wondering if anyone been to playa de oro last few months. I'm to figure out what is the name of entertainers, that works there. his name. would like to look him up on facebook. like reconnect with him.if anyone can help me out that would be great. thanks for your help.

• markythesparky1's Profile Photo

Taking Photography equipment in Cuba

Cuba May 31, 2015 at 10:40 AM

I am a keen photographer and will shortly be travelling to Havana and Trinidad, in Cuba. I would love to take my camera equipment with me and wondered if any other VTers had used a professional camera in Cuba and felt safe carrying it around. Thanks.

8 Answers Jun 2, 2015 at 9:53 AM
    • Kid-friendly off-resort place to eat, drink & hear live Cuban music?

Holguín May 31, 2015 at 8:00 AM

We'll be travelling with our two year old to Holguin (we're staying at Blau Costa Verde if that helps) and we are interested in checking out local stuff off-resort to experience Cuban life. Are there any suggestions for places that are ok to bring kids where we can relax and listen to amazing live Cuban music while eating local fare and enjoying some drinks? Is live music more of an evening thing than a day thing? We're ok with being off resort into the evening if that's the case (and if it is safe?) but wonder if there a rule/law about having kids (even well-behaved ones!) in restaurants/bars in general and/or after a certain hour (asking because there is in Toronto, Ontario). Thanks for any tips/advice in advance! :)

9 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 8:16 AM
    • Cuba Visitor Pass

Cuba May 28, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Can I purchase a Visitor Pass from Cancun Airport, or upon arrival at Havana, or must I purchase it before leaving my home country

1 Answer May 28, 2015 at 1:55 PM
    • money exchange

Varadero May 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM

hi I will reach at varadero at 7.30 pm.is there any money exchange at airport?

10 Answers Jun 3, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

where is the best night club to go to in varadero/ Celebrating birthdays

Varadero May 21, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Next year on the march break my friends and I will be going to Varadero Cuba to celebrate our birthdays. We will be there for a week. And i was wondering where is good night club to go to. and there any clubs that have a dress code?

8 Answers May 22, 2015 at 2:09 AM
    • less touristy beach areas and cayo sabinal

Cuba May 16, 2015 at 5:09 PM

G'day,
      My girlfriend and I will be travelling to Cuba in mid July for 3 weeks and were wondering if anyone has any recommendations for great beaches in less touristy areas, we will be avoiding the likes of varadero and Cayo coco.
      We will be travelling from Havana to Santiago de Cuba so any unique must see recommendations would be appreciated.
      We were looking to go to Cayo sabinal also to see the flamingos and other wildlife in the area, has anyone been here and if so how was it?
      Cheers,
      Bt

3 Answers May 17, 2015 at 5:33 AM
    • taxi price

Santiago de Cuba May 7, 2015 at 9:06 AM

hi I would like to know how much a taxi would cost from club amigo marea del portillo in Manzanillo to club amigo carisol los corales in Santiago de cuba

3 Answers May 8, 2015 at 8:22 AM
    • hiring a driver

Havana May 7, 2015 at 6:54 AM

I will be in havana 5/18-5/24 and i was looking to hire a private driver, if you have any suggestions please let me know. Also i have been in contact with some brokers over there about renting a house, but if anyone has any good suggestions i am open, it is going to do 3 of us. Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

12 Answers May 8, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • Canadian Bank Cards

Varadero May 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM

Is it still near impossible to withdraw money from an ATM using a TD bank card, even one with a Visa symbol?

3 Answers May 3, 2015 at 12:40 AM
    • Forecast for next week shows rain every single day?

Varadero Apr 29, 2015 at 8:04 PM

I booked a vacation to Varadero for May4-May 11. The weather forecast is concerning because it shows 80-90% of precipitation every single day, including from 12pm-6pm. Should I trust what the forecast says? Does it rain for an entire day in Cuba? Has it ever rained for an entire week in Cuba?

18 Answers May 2, 2015 at 11:11 AM
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

supermarkets in varadero or in matanzas

Varadero Apr 24, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Hi next year when I go to Cuba , my son is a picky eater , the only kinda of fruits he likes to eat is bananas and apples. does anyone who lives there or who has been if there is any supermarkets in varadero or Matanzas that carry apples? thanks for your help.

13 Answers May 7, 2015 at 6:58 PM
    • gigi75's Profile Photo

Day/Evening pass for another Hotel how much? (anyone who does this recently)

Varadero Apr 22, 2015 at 7:07 AM

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has gone to another hotel to visit a friend or someone who works there or staying there, while you are at another hotel. if so how much did you pay for your visitors pass for the day or evening. I'm planing a trip back to Cuba, I have a friends who work at a hotel that i recently stayed at. (Has anyone ever stayed at Playa De Oro?) anyways I became friends with the guys who do the entertainment there. But anyways I will be going next year in March for the March break, but a friend of my wants to stay at Blau varadero, which a little bit of distance from them): Thanks to all who respond. cheers

14 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 12:46 PM
    • Great dining

Cárdenas Apr 21, 2015 at 1:47 PM

What is the street address and phone number for the restaurant Las Delicias . I know the number out front is 1314. I am looking to send a thank you letter to them.

5 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    • Home Stay Inquiry

Havana Apr 21, 2015 at 5:18 AM

Does anyone recommend or suggest what the best the best way to determine or get reviews on the Home Stay accommodations in Havana Cuba?

I've looked up Wimdu and it appears very user friendly in making bookings there.

Does anyone suggest on any of the best home stays there?

Regards
      Walter

6 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 11:54 AM