change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana Apr 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Weather in Cuba

Cuba Mar 23, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

more

Weather in Cuba

Hi
      Anyone been to Cuba in June if so your advice on the weather please and what we could expect , thanks

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María Apr 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

more
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more
    • JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana Apr 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

1 Answer Apr 19, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María Apr 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

8 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

2 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 4:40 AM
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

5 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

2 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

25 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 6:52 AM
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

9 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Weather in Cuba

Hi

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM

Weather in Cuba

Hi

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 10:45 AM
    • medical assistance

Soroa Mar 23, 2014 at 7:54 AM

which hospital would someone be admitted to near soroa as a tourist in a medical emergency

13 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    • Nightclubs

Guardalavaca Mar 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there anywhere you can go dancing in the area?

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    • motorcycle

Guardalavaca Mar 17, 2014 at 4:20 PM

can you rent motorcycles or scooters

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
    • Day flights to Havana

Cayo Coco Mar 17, 2014 at 7:46 AM

Is it possible to arrange a day trip - flight. To Havana from one of the hotels in Cayo Coco?

We plan to visit in April 2014.

Any tips about travel to Havana would be appreciated.

Thank you

11 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    • RKyle's Profile Photo

Health Insurance

Cuba Mar 16, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I read some time back that you could buy Health Insurance upon arrival in Cuba.
      Has anyone had experience doing this?

3 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • Varadero can you purchase souvenir size bottles of rums.

Varadero Mar 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Varadero can you purchase souvenir size bottles of rums.

1 Answer Mar 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM
    • Where to Buy Bottled Beer

Cayo Coco Mar 11, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Is there anywhere we can purchase bottled beer and if so will we be able to buy Corona?

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • BeverlyM7's Profile Photo

husa cayo Santa maria

Cayo Santa María Mar 11, 2014 at 3:22 AM

I am so excited to be going on my first international vacation march13. Does anyone have feed back on this resort?

1 Answer Mar 11, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • BeverlyM7's Profile Photo

american $

Cuba Mar 8, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Is american money good to give as a tip?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • gifts for resort staff

Varadero Mar 3, 2014 at 8:12 PM

what are some appropriate yet helpful gifts to bring to staff or to barter with vendors?

11 Answers Mar 23, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • drug dealers and vendors at resorts

Varadero Mar 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM

i ?am a single mom taking my teenager to varadero and before choosing a resort i'm wondering if drug dealers and other criminals and vendors are allowed near or on resorts and beaches and what resorts i should avoid. also is there any tourist attractions or areas to avoid and what activities are safe

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 7:09 AM
    • paulinuk2u's Profile Photo

cuba to usa or usa to cuba

Cuba Feb 26, 2014 at 10:18 AM

can you travel to usa from cuba or usa to cuba.or is it still the same,not allowed

9 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • old lime stone building

Varadero Feb 19, 2014 at 5:39 PM

there was an old what i would say to be a look out on the sea side of varadaro what is it and what is it called

5 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    • question about memories varadero.

Varadero Feb 11, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Is the memories Varadero is good!? We are a couple 30 year old. ( French Canadian sorry for my bad English...) We are not planning to stay at the resort all day. We want to explore Cuba but looking for a good resort at a good price And the memories look ok! ??
      they have safe deposit in each room?

1 Answer Feb 11, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    • Late March, early April 2014 - Vacation

Varadero Feb 9, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Hi everyone,

A friend and I, are going to Varadero for the first time, at the end of March this year. We're both single males aged 30 and very mellow. I figured I'd ask on here to see if any other singles will be in Varadero around the same time (as it's always funner and safer to go and check-out the night-life in a bigger, like-minded group.

2 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    • Martita.B's Profile Photo

How to get from Morón to Cayo Coco?

Cuba Feb 7, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi, does anybody know how to get from Morón to Cayo Coco? I didn't find any car rentals in Morón or bus services. Is it possible to hire someone to take us there? And how to come back from the island if we don't have a car? We would like to go there at February 18. Thanks for any tips!

Marta

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM
    • Visiting Santiago.

Guardalavaca Jan 31, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Hi. We are staying in Guardalavaca in March and wondering the best way to get to Santiago. The bus seems to take a long time and from what I can see we will have to connect in Holguin. We did fancy hiring a car but people have mentioned the bad roads and parking in Santiago. We do want to stay overnight and usually enjoy exploring independently but it looks like an organised trip might be the easiest option. Does anyone know how much these excursions are? Alternatively would it be practical to hire a car and driver. Thanks.

3 Answers Mar 5, 2014 at 6:44 AM
    • Song is stuck in my head!

Varadero Jan 30, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I was at The Havana Club this past weekened, and each night we were there we heard the same song but weren't able to remember the name.
      Whenever it came on, guys and girls would dance together, it has somewhat of a slower beat, and the words La La La are repeated.
      PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 4:03 PM
    • TinaG20's Profile Photo

Has anyone vacationed at Brisas Del Cribe?

Varadero Jan 29, 2014 at 5:57 PM

Has anyone vacationed at this resort? If so do you know where the Room Brisas Del Caribe Sur Section is located at this resort? Thank-you

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • Brisas guardalavaca

Cuba Jan 23, 2014 at 4:31 PM

Anyone tell me what weather will be like mid Feb ? Also travelling with teenager on my own staying at Brisas. Little anxious about getting bored on my own as expecting my teenager to meet friends, any suggestions much appreciated

4 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM
    • ChrisGauthier's Profile Photo

memories varadero beach resort

Cuba Jan 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM

has anyone been there recently, as all reviews indicated that many tourists were sick

2 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 2:07 PM