Cuba Travel Answers

change location

places to visit in cuba?

by barney1916 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I think i will only have 15 days to see Cuba unfortunately.I want to see Havana obviously but also want some beach action.Where are the nicest beaches?
Thank you.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: places to visit in cuba?

by davidjo Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM

cuba-made-easy.com/beaches-c...
    this link is very informative regarding the best beaches in the country

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TOFFY's Profile Photo

by TOFFY Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

They say Veradero has the best beaches, but I have only had short visits there - never stayed long. It is a hotel strip like many others, so obviously the beaches there must be good. But there are beaches all over Cuba. If you can, take a trip to Trinidad, which has a beautiful beach. There are several hotels there, although the two on the Ancon Beach put you right on the gorgeous sand -1. the Ancon, but make sure you are in the new section, (the old section is not nice) and 2. Brisas Trinidad (probably more expensive. Alternatively, there is Costa Sur, which is pleasant (not grandiose) but up the coast a kilometer. Trinidad offers jungle tours up the mountains (very exciting) and a big market in a very historical town, but watch the vendors. They have learned a lot in the last 10 years on how to make extra money off the tourist. They are quite aggresive now.......and watch your back pocket. Have a great trip.

1 member found this helpful

• July2's Profile Photo

by July2 Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Varadero Beach is great for swimming and for walking. Miles of white sand and shallow, clear water/sand bars for a long way out. It's my favourite place for playing in the water without having to be concerned over sudden unseen drops in depth. Out of a week (travelling December, February, and March) usually one, maybe two days, can be choppy - keep an eye on the warning flags.  I recall the area (first visit) near the canal/ocean being rocky.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• gwened's Profile Photo

by gwened Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

best for tourists is Varadero, then Santa Maria del Mar is a close second nearer Havana. You hage Guanabo, Salado; then away in the provinces Guardalavaca, and the many smaller keys around the island like cayo coco, cayo guillermo, cayo largo,etc etc
    beaches is it.

• PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo

by PeterPanandWendy Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Varadero has the best beaches - white sand for miles. You can take a day, or even overnight trip to Havana. If you are resorting, Varadero offers great packages that include tours.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cuba Travel Answer Locations