Cuba Travel Answers

change location
mackdjroc187's Profile Photo

Anyone going to Cuba

by mackdjroc187 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Will be traveling to Cuba solo on March 21. Looking for general advice things to do. I'm thinking of doing hostels to meet up with some other travelers.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • risse73's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone going to Cuba

by risse73 Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Hello there,
    You should be able to meet other travelers there. I suggest that you do more research on the "things to do" part of your adventure because there are tons of "things to do" in Cuba, but this obviously depends on your travel interests. As for accommodations, the "casas particulares" should satisfy you well. These are private houses or bed & breakfast types. In Havana, there are plenty of these in the Old Havana/Vedado areas. There are also casas particulares in other parts of Cuba (e.g., Santiago de Cuba, etc.). I would highly recommend that you read more about your Cuba trip in the VT Travel Guides or other Cuba-related travel literature.

Good Luck & Enjoy Beautiful Cuba!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone going to Cuba

by PeterPanandWendy Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 8:01 AM

For sure check out the casas. The owners will be able to direct you to local places, things of interest to you. Ask around about casas that would suit what you are hoping to experience (a professional cook if you are into eating, musicans if you are into music, etc.) Travel via bus is good. Not sure why you would want to hook up with other travelers when hooking up with the Cubans would be far more fun... where are you landing, and what is it you are interested in doing?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Cuba Travel Answer Locations