Cuba Travel Answers

change location

help please

by annaconnon Online Now Dec 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM

I hope to take my family to Cuba to celebrate several special birthdays. I have a 14 yr old and a 16 yr old son and a much older husband. Where do I start? We all like swimming and fairly active holidays as well as good food and plenty of sun bathing. I thought over the Christmas peroid would be good as it seems that it is outwith the hurricane season or Easter time. Any suggestions re places to stay, things to do, things not to do and the best time to go would be appreciated.
Thanks
Anna

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • semper.max's Profile Photo

Re: help please

by semper.max Online Now Dec 5, 2011 at 7:06 AM

I'd go for Varadero since you love swimming and sun bathing. December is a good month to go to Cuba. I had a friend who went to Varadero around November and brought back so many good pictures of his stay. Check out the travel guide of Varadero here in VT:

Varadero Travel Guide

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • PeterPanandWendy's Profile Photo

Re: help please

by PeterPanandWendy Online Now Dec 29, 2011 at 8:35 AM

I agree that Varadero would be your best choice. There are plenty of day trip options offered through the hotels for a variety of adventures. If you pick a 4-star or better, the hotels themselves offer plenty of entertainment. You can't beat the beach in Varadero, and there are always beach activities organized. Easter time is good. When we first started going to Varadero we preferred to stay at Melia Sol Palmeras because they have bungalows (there are two bedrooms available). You can walk from there to Los Americas which offers lots of shopping and entertainment. We now stay in private casas in the City of Matanzas where we have so many beautiful Cuban friends. (We were in Cuba during Hurricane Paloma, November 8th, and it made for a memorable adventure.) You will all love Cuba, and the hotel will help to make your celebrations special. Let me know if you need any more tips... and have a great time!!

• Re: help please

by TravellingPaul Online Now Feb 22, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Hi!
    I was googeling about things to do for a family in Cuba and found this group tour especially for families. Maybe you could get some ideas what to do there from this itinerary: sprachcaffe-kuba.com/EN/cuba...
    Hope this helps.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines