Cuba Travel Answers

change location
graememooney's Profile Photo

Club Kawama, Varadero, Cuba

by graememooney Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Okay so now I'm excited. I've booked our trip to Club Kawama in Varadero for April 7th, returning April 14th.

Has anyone stayed at this resort?
I'm presuming we check out at noon on the Thursday but our flight isn't until past 10 pm. Are they good with holding onto the bags until departure time? Do you still get fed dinner that day?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Stay tuned for pics posted when we get back :D

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • idram's Profile Photo

Re: Club Kawama, Varadero, Cuba

by idram Online Now Mar 18, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Hola

Yes ... check out is usually around noon.

Most resort have a room to store your bags. Some resorts will let you pay a bit extra to keep the room longer so you can shower etc later in the day.

You will still have full amenities at the resort so no problem with food drink etc.

Kawama is near the begining of the peninsula. A few good restaurants near by if you get sick of the buffet ... LOL
    Kiki's, Castel Nupovo (italian) and Casa de Al (al Capone's house)
    Most clubs are further up the penincula but FM 17 at Calle 17 is interesting. Ask the animacion staff which club is best on which night. they tend to arrange outings to these after the evening show at the resort.

You can literally walk the beach as far as the Golf Course from that location ( about 10kms one way)

Here's something that you may be interested in looking at
    wikimapia.org/#lat=23.134835...

Zoom in ... hopefully the crosshair is still on your resort

Mardi

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • graememooney's Profile Photo

by graememooney Online Now Mar 19, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Thanks Idram, that's what I suspected was the case.

I appreciate your reply.

• Re: Club Kawama, Varadero, Cuba

by helenphillips56 Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I stayed at Kawama in Varadero last summer. I booked a two week holiday with www.travel-to-cuba-treat.com and everything was perfect. Rooms in the buildings near the pool that is close to the main entrance are much better. I don't think you will have any problems with having them holding your bag. We did and it was perfect. They won't serve dinner that day, though. However, we had dinner on a restaurant nearby, there are several options. Food was good and prices were reasonable.

by graememooney Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Thanks Helen. Always good to hear that the resort is good. We've seen good and bad reviews but we have a pretty high pain threshold.

by graememooney Online Now Mar 28, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Thanks Helen. Always good to hear that the resort is good. We've seen good and bad reviews but we have a pretty high pain threshold.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines