Cuba Travel Answers

change location
nothing81's Profile Photo

What Do I Need

by nothing81 Online Now Oct 13, 2004 at 9:30 PM

I'm getting married in Cuba in April. What do I need to get together for this. I don't want to mess my wedding up by not getting a silly paper signed etc. Also, has anyone ever been to the club villa resort in varadero? How was it? I've never been to a hot country, what's the one thing I should definently bring there?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • jenniferhen's Profile Photo

    Re: What Do I Need

    by jenniferhen Online Now Oct 14, 2004 at 1:49 PM

    Hello, I took this right off of the gov of canada website for marrying in Cuba. Congrats you will love Cuba, it is an amazing country! To be married in Cuba the following documents are required: 1. Proof of Identity: As proof of identity, you will need to be in possession of a valid Canadian passport, a birth certificate, and the tourist card that you will receive upon entry into the country. 2. Statement of Single Status: You will also need to obtain a sworn affidavit attesting to your single status. This document must be submitted in the Spanish language and notarized. This must be done prior to leaving Canada by visiting the Embassy of the Cuba in Ottawa, or by going to a Cuban Consulate, located in either Montreal or Toronto. You may also visit a Notary Public in Canada to make this declaration, have the document translated into Spanish, and then have it legalized by the Cuban Embassy or Consulate which cannot be dated more than 180 days old on the day of your marriage or it will be rejected. 3. Divorce Papers: If you are divorced, you must also submit original copies of your divorce papers, along with a Spanish language translation of the documents. The translation must be legalized by the Cuban Embassy or a Cuban Consulate in Canada. 4. Death Certificate: If you are widowed, you will need to present an original copy of the death certificate of your deceased spouse, translated into Spanish and legalized by the Cuban Embassy or Consulate. For more information about the regulations governing marriages in Cuba, contact the Embassy of Cuba in Ottawa or a Cuban Consulate in Montreal or Toronto. Please note: The Canadian Embassy does not perform wedding ceremonies or host them on Embassy property.

    Be the first to rate this answer!

    Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines