Cuba Travel Answers

change location

Trip to Cuba

by lefrick Online Now Jul 10, 2004 at 4:36 AM

My partner and I are planning a 2 center trip to Cuba in February 2005, possibly spending 10 days in Havana and 10 days in Varadero. Is it worth spending this much time in Havana or will it be better spending more time at Varadero?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • mim95's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Cuba

by mim95 Online Now Jul 10, 2004 at 4:52 AM

I went to Havana for 6 days, and went on a day trip to Pinar del Rio. I'd say I spent enough time in Havana to see everything that I wanted to see, in a relaxed pace. If you want to focus on Havana Vieja, my advice is to find a hotel that is close by. Then you don't have to waste extra or time on taxi. Plus, the more walking you do, the more interesting things you would be able to discover.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • AnjaV's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Trip to Cuba

by AnjaV Online Now Jul 11, 2004 at 12:11 AM

All depends what you are looking for ... Varadero is beach, beach, beach Havana is culture and "La Vida Cubana", but I think 10 is a little to much unless you want to relax at the beaches of Playa del Este. I suggest to stay 3 days in Habana city, visit a few day in Vinales, see Trinidad and end up for 5 days to relax at the Varadero beach. Great country! Anja www.cuba-junky.com

• florry's Profile Photo

Re: Trip to Cuba

by florry Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 6:29 AM

I went for 3 days to havana and 7 days varadero and wished i stayed longer in havana. I will go again , this time more time in havana...have a great time

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines