Cuba Travel Answers

change location

Cuba Weather

by dayleelloyd Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 10:59 AM

hey everyone , me and my partner would really like to go to Cuba in September but have been told that september is the height of the hurrican season, please will someone let me know , so i can stop my boyfriend from booking somewhere boring like greece etc.... its my dream to go to cuba , but we don't want to be spending the whole holiday looked inside the hotel because of the Thunderstorms. please help me !!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

Re: Cuba Weather

by Seabiscuit Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 11:09 AM

Well, hurricane season is June - November, and I can only comment from a Bermuda opinion (way north). The storms can be everywhere from non-existant to *rather* dicey. (Most times, they look worse than they are). Hurricane Fabian hit Bermuda September 2003 and was a disaster. It's hit or miss really. Keep an eye on the Caribbean weather pages, and note what's happening where storm-wise. Also, hurricanes are *very* unpredictable and can move *very* fast (or fizzle out). I guess it's just 'taking the plunge' and hoping for the best! Jeff-

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Cuba Weather

by dayleelloyd Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 11:19 AM

hi thankyou for your reply , when the hurricuns or storms happen do they last for hours and then move off or do they last all day , if they do last only an hour or so does the weather return to being sunny again or not? thankyou leanne (you have cheered my boyfreind up abit ) also ,if we go to cuba on a gamble , what is the likely hood of the holiday being succesfull (good weather) or is it going to be a storm every day?

Re: Re: Cuba Weather

by Seabiscuit Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 11:27 AM

It pretty much depends on the location/severity of the storm/time of day. An Easter storm (2000) moved in and looked horrendous (black skies - severe winds et al) around 11 A. We battened down the hatches, and figured what the hell. It was all over and sunny and warm by 11:45 A. Remember, Cuba, Haiti, and the Windward Islands (I think), are on the front lines for incoming storns). Jeff-

• AnjaV's Profile Photo

Re: Cuba Weather

by AnjaV Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 8:48 PM

The chance of winning the lotery is bigger than ending up in a hurricane Cuba is hit by 2 real hurricanes the last 3 years ... before that they didn't get hit for 50 years!!! Go to Cuba and have a great time :)) Anja

by Seabiscuit Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 8:53 PM

Anja- I just *knew* you'ld show up! And with the right information. I was just trying to 'hold the line' until you got on this question. Thank you, for again, being a salvation! ;o) Jeff-

• AnjaV's Profile Photo

by AnjaV Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 10:27 PM

Thats what friends are for Jeff ;)

• Re: Re: Cuba Weather

by dayleelloyd Online Now Jul 6, 2004 at 11:19 AM

thankyou all for replying , you have been great , we are also contemplating going to Phuket (thailand) anybody know anything about it? leanne x

• mim95's Profile Photo

by mim95 Online Now Jul 8, 2004 at 10:01 AM

I got back from Cuba a couple of weeks ago, I went in a month with, supposingly, the most rainfall. And guess what, it only rained (actually drizzle) once in the whole week - for less than half an hour. There were some occational thunderstorms, that was it. Most of the time was blue sky. I'd say don't worry and go for it! :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines