Cuba Travel Answers

change location
SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo

SURFING and or FISHING in Cuba

by SURFIN7TH Online Now Mar 31, 2004 at 8:48 AM

I am considering CUBA for my Honeymoon, My fiancé loves to dance and I love to surf and fish. We're looking for the perfect mix. Then there's the U.S. thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • marb24's Profile Photo

Re: SURFING and or FISHING in Cuba

by marb24 Online Now Apr 2, 2004 at 11:16 AM

You would love it! It's such a beautiful Island. The beaches, weather and people are incredible. Crystal waters with powdery sands. I go every 3 months since I'm Cuban and still have family over there. Since I was born over there, I fly direct but I believe you can go through a 3rd country, like Mexico or Dominican Republic. Hope this helps.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • m51's Profile Photo

Re: SURFING and or FISHING in Cuba

by m51 Online Now Apr 9, 2004 at 4:52 AM

If you are a US citizen then there might be a problem. Bush has stepped up the ban of US travellers to Cuba. He even stopped 70 Medical scientists & researches from going to a conference in Havana a few weeks ago. This conference had the best from all over the world there. Other options to get there are from Toronto (YYZ-HAV) 4 times per week. Or on Air Jamaica from Montego Bay (MBJ) to Havana. Also in the cold months of the year theree are many charter flights from several Canadian airports to various Cuban destinations. I have heard of US (spies) in these off country airports checking to see if any US citizens are boarding the Cuban bound flights. Fines are LARGE. Hope this helps

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines