Cruz Bay Travel Answers

change location

housing and employment

by thc_30 Online Now Aug 20, 2003 at 6:57 PM

How do you find listings of affordable rentals and employment in St. John USVI?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Re: housing and employment

by grandmaR Online Now Aug 20, 2003 at 9:00 PM

The quick answer is that there's no employment in the off season and there's no affordable housing in season. I advise strongly against going down there without a job. There is an online newspaper at http://new.onepaper.com/stthomasvi/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • arissat's Profile Photo

Re: housing and employment

by arissat Online Now Aug 28, 2003 at 1:15 PM

I would suggest you to check the message board here: vinow.com/wwwtalk/list.php?f... They have a lot of employment/moving topics and you may also join them and ask your question there.

• Re: housing and employment

by stthomasusvi Online Now Sep 4, 2003 at 2:20 PM

The best source for cheap housing on STT is a local publication called the "Island Trader". It comes out on Thursdays and is free. There is no online version. There are more affordable rentals on STT. Rentals on STJ are virtually impossible to find much less afford. A lot of people take the ferry back and forth between the two islands. Jobs are plentiful on STT and you may find a few on STJ. It helps to know someone who lives there. Duffy's Love Shack is always hiring. You can always crew for a local boat charter. The proper way to look for a job is to go to the Dept. of Labor on STT and fill out an application. I think anyone can move down here and find work. Good luck.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines