change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• AnnieR4's Profile Photo

Coastal sailing

Croatia Dec 10, 2014 at 5:54 AM

I have heard there are some coastal cruises from Split and possibly other ports. Can anyone recommend which ones are good for an older couple? Looking for something safe and reliable, with a reputable company. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on one of these tours. Thanks!

more
    • AnnieR4's Profile Photo

Coastal sailing

Croatia Dec 10, 2014 at 5:54 AM

I have heard there are some coastal cruises from Split and possibly other ports. Can anyone recommend which ones are good for an older couple? Looking for something safe and reliable, with a reputable company. Would love to hear from anyone who has been on one of these tours. Thanks!

15 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 3:31 AM
    • halikowski's Profile Photo

Splitska Ura - clocktower

Split Nov 19, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Can someone give me more historical detail. Was it built after the San Marco clocktower in Venice c. 1490? Who built it? What was the reason or inspiration? Thanks for any help, Stefan

4 Answers Nov 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • car rental

Croatia Nov 12, 2014 at 10:11 PM

May I know whether "LAST MINUTE RENT A CAR" is a reliable car rental company in Croatia?

4 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 1:22 AM
    • Jerelis's Profile Photo

Name of the restaurant

Pula Nov 11, 2014 at 12:21 AM

I want to write a tip about a nice little restuarant in the city of Pula, but can't remember the name of the place. It is situated right at the corner of the two streets Uspon Consula Istranina and Kandlerova ul. Can anybody help me?

11 Answers Nov 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • Late night transportation

Porec Oct 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Hi, (possibly reposting, not sure if my question went through earlier) I'm hoping to stay in porec old town next summer with friends and we will be going to the byblos club during our stay, just wondering if theres any transportation back to the old town after midnight and rough idea of the cost?

• keentraveller7's Profile Photo

Late / Early Buses

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Oct 13, 2014 at 12:38 PM

I am landing in Zadar at 16:15 on Sunday, would there be a bus travelling to plitvice lakes as late as 17:00? Also our return flight is at 11:10- so would need a bus back to Zadar around 07:00. Does anyone know if the buses run this early or late?
      I have tried looking on the bus website yet it only directs me to car hire and not bus times. I am getting worried that I will not be able to travel between destinations at these times, and I will not be able to hire a car.
      I would be most grateful if anyone knows the answer.
      Thanks in advance :)

2 Answers Oct 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    • Dubrovnik,Croatia

Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region Oct 4, 2014 at 5:26 AM

How many kuna are there to the pound

3 Answers Oct 5, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Transfer from the airport

Dubrovnik Sep 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hello VTers, I am travelling soon to the Balkans and I arrive in Dubrovnik at about 10.20am. Can you please advise me about a bus or train transfer from the airport to the city.
      Many thanks/Hvala

2 Answers Sep 29, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • buitensorg's Profile Photo

Cheapest flights out of Dubrovnik/Split

Croatia Sep 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Hello, please help! I am looking to fly out of Croatia ONE WAY, and need the cheapest flights (end October) to either London/Milan or Hamburg. Budget airline if possible...thanks!

8 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 2:00 AM
    • car rental fees between countries

Croatia Sep 20, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Hello,

We are planning a 3 week trip next spring to Croatia and Slovenia (with an over-night in Mostar). I have heard repeatedly that there are LARGE fees for taking a car across borders and dropping off in a different city in Eastern Europe (although I have done it throughout Western Europe). I have called AutoEurope, but because my trip is so far in the future, they could not give me an actual quote. I tried their online service using dates in October to get an idea, but it said "different city drop-off and pick-up might not be allowed. If it is allowed, you will be emailed with the cost of extra fees." Again...no help. I am trying to decide the balance of trouble with dropping the car within Croatia and then taking a bus/train to Slovenia (also a cost and time consuming). I will definitely not return to car to Dubrovnik (our staring point) as that is useless driving and we are flying open jaw. Has anyone ACTUALLY done this and can you give me a rough idea of the additional fees? Thanks so much,

Kaye

2 Answers Sep 24, 2014 at 3:19 AM
    • keentraveller7's Profile Photo

How much does it cost to enter?

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Sep 20, 2014 at 1:22 AM

I have read on here that there is a charge to enter the park. Does anyone know the charge for a two day pass?

3 Answers Sep 20, 2014 at 4:47 AM
    • guitars for sale or to rent

Orebic Sep 17, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Hallo.With my friend we are looking to buy or to rent two classic guitars.We spend our hollidays in Orebic.Who knows where is the nearest music shop near Orebic,or is there anybody in this location ,who want to sell or to rent guitars?

5 Answers Sep 18, 2014 at 12:45 PM
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Driving from Split to Trogir

Croatia Sep 16, 2014 at 11:41 PM

We'l drive from Split to Trogir and on. Is in interesting to drive through Kasteli, or on the main road no.8 ? On Google Earth it looks disappointing, if I look for Castles.

4 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • Going from Zagreb to Vienna?

Zagreb Sep 14, 2014 at 11:26 PM

Is the bus or train better to take for the above trip?

3 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 3:23 PM

Road around Split

Croatia Sep 12, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Can we drive from Trogir to Omis some way around Split without getting into the city? We'll be in Split anyway at the start and end of our trip.

2 Answers Sep 13, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Renting a car in Split

Croatia Sep 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I'm trying to rent a car in Split for four days. Most of the rentals are from the airport, and we're looking from downtown, because we arrive and leave Split by ferry.

Downtown I find only Hertz which is very expensive, though in Streetview I also saw a sign of Avis close to Hertz. But the Avis website also provides only at the airport. Our agent in Israel gave us a company in the city which got some very bad comments on Tripadvisor, and we cancelled that.

If I don't want to pay over 300 Euro for four days, what's the most reasonable transportation from the Ancona ferry port to the airport and back, with the luggage?

I guess that Hertz includes in the price some items that the cheap companies don't include, but I can't figure this out.

8 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    • zozzo's Profile Photo

From Dubrovnik to Montenegro and Albania

Dubrovnik Aug 30, 2014 at 3:47 AM

Greetings,

Tomorrow, 31.08. we're arriving to Dubrovnik airport @ 13:10 and would like to share a ride from there towards Montenegro, Ulcinj preferably, but anywhere down south is also fine. Our destination is Vlore in Albania, with stops at Skhoder and Tirana. It's two of us, me (Croatian) and my Finnish girlfriend. Also, we're going back from Vlore next Sunday 07.09. to Dubrovnik (airport). So, if anyone is going down that route, wants some good company and maybe share a ride feel free to contact me here in inbox or @ zozzo13@gmail.com.

Cheers

Bo┼żo

1 Answer Aug 31, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • Places to Stay

Cavtat Aug 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hi what part of Cavtat is best to stay in? the old town? the other parts? also what do meals cost (roughly) & beers etc.

Thanks for any help
      Gordon

1 Answer Sep 2, 2014 at 2:58 AM
    • Sailing trip to Korcula

Dubrovnik Aug 29, 2014 at 2:32 AM

Hey folks

Me and my girlfriend are planning to take a private sailing trip from Dubrovnik to Korcula tomorrow (Saturday 30th) or Sunday, taking in some islands along the way.

We're looking for some people to join us on the trip, any ages fine. We're both 30ish, from Australia.

The boat is 450 euros per day/night, but I think we can negotiate this down. Looking to spend two days (one night) on board most likely.

Respond here if you're interested, or PM me.

Cheers!
      Steve

Croatian language

Croatia Aug 27, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Croatian and Serbian at present: Are these two separate languages? Was this once called Serbo Croatian? At the hotel I've just reserved they "speak both languages".

When we were in Montenegro a few years ago, I got the impression that they named the language after they got independent.

10 Answers Aug 29, 2014 at 7:04 AM

A Sunday in Split

Croatia Aug 25, 2014 at 9:54 AM

We'll be in Split on Sunday 5.10.14 all day, until we take the ferry to Ancona in the evening. Is there a church worth visiting, as I got Boris' reply for Italy? Or is the city too modern and touristy?

9 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • rbdoshi's Profile Photo

Location of bus stop for return journey to Zagreb

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Aug 23, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Hello,

Which of the entrances would be more convenient to reach the bus stop for return journey to Zagreb in the evening? I am planning to enter from entrance 2, follow trail H and then exit from entrances 1 to go to the bust stop. Does it make sense?

Thanks!!

5 Answers Aug 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM
    • JGonzales0230's Profile Photo

English Translator

Zadar Aug 23, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Is there anyone in Zadar that can spare 1-2 hours of your time to go to the local hospital and do english/Croatian translation. You must speak excellent english. I will pay you for you time. It will be this Tuesday at 2pm.

Thank you

Joe

2 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • JGonzales0230's Profile Photo

Help Needed...ambulance company phone numbers

Zagreb Aug 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I need to hire an ambulance to transport from Zadar to Zagreb next week. Can anyone locally provide me with a few contact phone numbers and maybe email or website info on local ambulance companies?

Thanks

Joe

2 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • Good beaches around Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Aug 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Hi, I will have two entire days at Dubrovnik.
      The first day, I am planning to do the basic touristic stuff: city walls, lots of walking, cable car etc.
      But, on the second day, I would like to visit good beaches around the city. I saw some post about Lokrum, Mljet, Lapad, Elafiti etc. I don't mind taking a boat as long it takes me to a beautiful beach...
      Any advices?
      Thanks

4 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • AlexandraG4's Profile Photo

Arrival in Dugi Otok

Dugi Otok Aug 22, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Hi everyone,
      I was wondering... On September 10th me and my boyfriend arrive in Split Airport. We would then like to take the bus to Zadar and from there take the boat to Dugi Otok. We will do a low budget trip so we are to camp (probably in Camp Kargita in the very north of Dugi Otok). But then, since the camping is far away from everything, we would like to rent bikes nearby. Is this possible? Where should we take the boat to to make the possible? We will have a lot of luggage since we're camping so riding from Sali to the camping on a bike is not an option. Can someone help me?
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Aug 22, 2014 at 3:41 AM
    • terezegulane's Profile Photo

Trip to Zadar

Zadar Aug 21, 2014 at 1:49 AM

We are coming to Zadar for 10 days in September (from 6th until 16th) and staying near to the old town part. We want to eat good local/national food, see interesting things ( I already know all the tourstic things, like sea organs,The Greeting to the Sun, Peoples square and others, maybe You can tell smth more local, good places to go, to eat, to take a look etc.?). We are going by car, so if it is not in the center in the city it is Ok.
      And also we want to go clubbing a few evening there, which one is the best bar/club in Zadar, where prices ar not in the sky? :)
      I would be gratefull for any answer! Thank You!

13 Answers Sep 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Zagreb & Getting to National parks

Croatia Aug 19, 2014 at 10:20 PM

We want to go to Croatia next week, and to do so we must fly into Zagreb (we are affiliated with Airfrance and they only fly to Zagreb). We want to spend a few days in Croatia then fly to Italy (Naples). However, the main attraction for us in Croatia is the beautiful coastal waters and the waterfalls, etc at national parks. What would be a recommended itinerary for us? We're young and don't mind high activity and lots of traveling, but obviously want time to enjoy. We just need to end up at a city with an airport (we were thinking Dubrovnik)...

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • Levrnaka camping!

Dalmatia - Split Region Aug 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM

We are a family of 4 going Island hopping. First stop Murter then hoping to sail to Levrnaka. Apparently there is a camping site there run by the owners of the restaurant. Does anyone have any experience of this? We have been told the best boat to get there is Barbarinac?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • Travelling fro Split Airport to Murter

Dalmatia - Split Region Aug 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM

We are landing in Split on Thursday at 1400. We are keen to get to Murter as soon as possible. Can anyone help with Bus times directions etc? Would really appreciate some up to date info from an expert!

1 Answer Aug 20, 2014 at 5:25 AM