Croatia Travel Answers

change location
FarishaK's Profile Photo

Do I need a Croatian Visa

by FarishaK Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Hello, I am a Bangladeshi national residing in the UK for two years under a UK student visa. I also have a Schengen Visa. Do I need to obtain a Croatian visa beforehand or can I get an on-arrival Croatian Visa at the Split airport?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • davidjo's Profile Photo

Re: Do I need a Croatian Visa

by davidjo Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM

croatia.visahq.co.uk/require...

Look at the link, you require a visa

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Mar 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Yes, you will need a visa. You will need to arrange it beforehand. Croatia is not in the Schengen zone.

• picek's Profile Photo

by picek Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Hi,
    from Ministry of Foreign Affairs site ( http://www.mvep.hr/MVP.asp?pcpid=1615 ) you get this current information:

Aliens who are holders of valid:

residence permits issued by one of the Schengen area members
    uniform visas © or
    long-stay visas (D) issued by one of the Schengen area members

temporarily do not require a visa for entering and stay or transit through the territory of the Republic of Croatia.

The above mentioned Schengen documents must be valid at the moment of leaving the Republic of Croatia, i.e. allow the return to the Schengen area.

This simplified entry procedure for aliens will be in effect until the date of the Republic of Croatia’s accession to the European Union.

ANNOTATION: This does not apply to holders of limited territorial validity visas.

If in doubt you should contact Cro embassy in UK as they will give definite answer rather than this forum. Iz depends what type of Scgnegen visa you have...

All best
    V.

2 members found this helpful

• oshlennon's Profile Photo

by oshlennon Online Now Apr 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM

The Croatian embassy UK has provided confirmation to the effect that one can travel with a Schengen visa.

My only concern is that uk airliners (e.g., easyjet) may have reservations about travel? easyjet do not like to confirm this sort of thing.

I guess the thing to do is take a print out to the airport, plus take a copy of an email confirming this rule.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Croatia Travel Answer Locations