change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MarieSoleil's Profile Photo

childcare in Colorado ski resorts?

Colorado Dec 8, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Need advice on a good skiing resort in Colorado with reasonable child care rates. I've looked at Beaver Creek and Keystone and Durango...if anyone knows please message me! Thanks

more
    • recommendations please

Steamboat Springs Dec 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM

I am going to Steamboat the 2nd week in January and will need to rent skis, boots, poles and helmet. I know if I want convenience I should stick to the mountain, but it's usually more expensive. Maybe not??? Would appreciate some recommendations, as well as some suggestions for restaurants. Also, which is better for transportation from Hayden airport to Steamboat- Alipine vs. Storm Mountain?
      thank you,
      Susan

more
    • looking for an off season destination

Colorado Dec 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM

My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary in colorado in May and we are looking for a good discount on a hotel or spa. We are going to relax so the spa would be nice. We want something close to a town. Any suggestions on where we should go?

more
    • travel partner

Colorado Nov 23, 2014 at 9:50 PM

OK i m 30 year old guy, I am studying my PhD in engineering since 3 years and i want to take a road trip this Dec break for 2 weeks. my plans are from Denver-Santa Fe- Flagstaff- Vegas-San Francisco - Portland- Seattle - Vancouver- Calgary - Billing - Wyoming - Denver. I prefer female who can drive as well. Will split everything 60-40. 60% on me.

more
    • Help in Identifying photos

by Willie_B Online Now Feb 21, 2011 at 3:52 PM

My family and I visited the Cripple Creek area in the late '60s, and then again in '73, '75 & '84. During these trips we took loads of photos - most are color slides. I'm 72 years old now and have begun a project to digitize our vacation trips to the West (We are Easterners). Unfortunately, one's memory seems to fade when it comes to exact names of locations, etc. I wish I had made better notes now so that I can properly denote my digitized photos. (I'm doing this for my kids who were young back then). The Cripple Creek/Victor Mining District is (was) quite an interesting and unique place to us is is evident by our many returns. Each time we came, we brought neighbors in camper carivans with us nd camped at the old Hospital.

What I'm asking is for some limited assistance in identifying certain buildings, etc.

1. There is one building on the right of the rooftop fire lookout building in Cripple Creek. I can see it has a name inscribed near the roofline but cannot make it out completely. Looks like "Sneall & Co 1896". Can you tell me wht it really says?

2. There was a mining mill? on the right as one travelled from Cripple Creek towards Victor. It had a very long sloping metal roof. Seems like I remember it being Carlton, or Anaconda. Is either correct?

3 There was an almost new structure that I have an unmarked slide of that I believe was vert near the structure in # 2 above. Do you have any idea what this my be?

4. On my slide listings I have a listing for a "Church of Christ Scientist" building in Victor. None of my slides have this marking, but I believe it to be a building I have pictured that looks like it was intended to look "Greek" with several large colums in front. Is this it?

5. One trip we took a mine tour down into a mine that I have marked as the "Molly Kathleen". I can't seem to find it listed now. Has this mine changed names, or was I wrong with the name?

When I am through, I would be happy to share my digitized photos with you either over the internet or on a CD/DVD. They are turning out to be fairly good photos to be from color slides and negatives that are over 30 years old.

Again, Thanks for any help you might give.

Bill Burdette
      Lauderdale, MS
      bill_burdette@comcast.net

2 Answers Feb 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM
    • annejan64's Profile Photo

questions about cripple creek area

by annejan64 Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 9:21 PM

1. how far or how long to you think it would take to get to leadville from cripple creek??

2. know if good horse back riding places in cripple creek

3 phantom canyon road is ok for us to drive since we are "greenhorns" from the city
      driving a 2 wheel drive SUV

4 we have made reservations at The hotel victor (in victor) has any one stayed there
      AWSOME RATES cute rooms from the pics on the web site

i know and have looked up this stuff on the net but would like opinons from those who have "been there done that "

1 Answer Sep 19, 2007 at 1:09 PM