Crete Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• a romantic boat ride

by gussiehyde Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM

If I were to want someone to drive me and my husband around in a boat for a couple of hours in crete would this be a fun/ romantic thing to do? and if so how much would this cost?

more
    • From Chania to Hersonissos

by Tourist... Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

My father, brother and I are going to Crete Island this sunday. Does anybody know how to get from Chania to Hersonissos cheapest and easiest?

more
    • Tickets Ierapetra - Chryssi Island

by KarolinaM Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Hello! I would like to ask how much costs tickets on boat from Ierapetra to Chryssi Island? round-trip for 3 people? we are going on Crete in July. And is it worth to go to Chryssi Island?

more
    • Biking Crete

by TorY20 Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM

How safe is road biking on crete? I have had no problems in Italy or France but am very wary of Greek drivers because there isn't a big cycle presence there.

more
    • taking travel money to Gouves crete

by don7573 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM

What is the best way to take your holiday money to Gouves? Is it travellers cheques or pre paid card or euros or stirling cash? Thanks

more
    • Rach&Jay's Profile Photo

Self Drive Suggestions

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Hi everyone. We will have a car in Crete in July and will have 3 nights in Reythmnon, 4 nights in Chania and 1 night in Heraklion. Seeking your suggestions for any self drive day trips please.
      My husband is a big foodie so any great stop off suggestions for food would be fabulous.
      Would also love any off the beaten path (non tourist / very local) suggestions

Thanks heaps! Rach x

more
    • a romantic boat ride

by gussiehyde Online Now Jul 20, 2014 at 11:40 AM

If I were to want someone to drive me and my husband around in a boat for a couple of hours in crete would this be a fun/ romantic thing to do? and if so how much would this cost?

1 Answer Yesterday
    • From Chania to Hersonissos

by Tourist... Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 12:44 PM

My father, brother and I are going to Crete Island this sunday. Does anybody know how to get from Chania to Hersonissos cheapest and easiest?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • taking travel money to Gouves crete

by don7573 Online Now Jul 17, 2014 at 9:43 AM

What is the best way to take your holiday money to Gouves? Is it travellers cheques or pre paid card or euros or stirling cash? Thanks

6 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM
    • Biking Crete

by TorY20 Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM

How safe is road biking on crete? I have had no problems in Italy or France but am very wary of Greek drivers because there isn't a big cycle presence there.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 3:45 AM

Self Drive Suggestions

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 28, 2014 at 12:41 AM

Hi everyone. We will have a car in Crete in July and will have 3 nights in Reythmnon, 4 nights in Chania and 1 night in Heraklion. Seeking your suggestions for any self drive day trips please.
      My husband is a big foodie so any great stop off suggestions for food would be fabulous.
      Would also love any off the beaten path (non tourist / very local) suggestions

Thanks heaps! Rach x

9 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM
    • Tickets Ierapetra - Chryssi Island

by KarolinaM Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Hello! I would like to ask how much costs tickets on boat from Ierapetra to Chryssi Island? round-trip for 3 people? we are going on Crete in July. And is it worth to go to Chryssi Island?

3 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • ChadYa's Profile Photo

To drive or not to drive...

by ChadYa Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 2:50 AM

Is it possible to visit most of the sites, beaches and towns without a car?
      We're a couple with no driving licenses.

10 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • Dangers in Crete

by Pleoparda Online Now Jun 11, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Me and a couple of girlfriends are planning on traveling to Crete next week for 5 days. We have traveled already in other countries by ourselves but none of us has ever been in Greece. I would like to know if there are any known dangers for a group of girls or is it just normal pickpocketing that we have to look out for?

7 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Accommodation Advice - Chania

by Rach&Jay Online Now Jun 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Hi There - Id love to get peoples suggestions for Accommodation in the old town of Chania please.

I am looking at accommodation for a couple in the old town (i like the look and sound of this area) or near the harbour looks nice too. Seeking suggestions / recommendations for a small boutique hotel or apartment that has a pool?

Looking for something no more than 180 Euro per night ($250 AUD)

Thanks in advance!

Rach

6 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 1:34 AM
    • night life Kokkini Hani

by KarolinaM Online Now May 24, 2014 at 2:45 AM

Is there any nice clubs around or in Kokkini Hani for 3 young people? Where we can go to have fun?

1 Answer May 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM
    • A 4 night trip to crete - where to stay ?

by dvirreznik Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Hello, we are are a young married couple who are looking for taking a vacation in greece, and we though crete is the island to go. We have a few questions:

A. We wanted to know how is the weather in early may ? is it still rainy ? is the ocean water cold ? are in-door pools at hotels / parks heated ?

B. We usually like to stay in quality (yet not crazy expensive ones) hotels, we need a room with a refrigerator and a king size bed. Funny enough it's hard to find good hotels in booking.com (cause most people i guess don't book from booking so all have few reviews) and even in top rated hotels in tripadvisor you can see people say about good reviewed hotels that the rooms are hostel-like quality, etc...

I don't mind paying 120 euro per night (or less :) ) to get a no fuss, good quality room in a good quality hotel, if you got a good recommendation.

C. I perfer an area where you have good beaches, can take good trips and have intresting places to see (and to eat :) ).

D. Again, is there a trick to find the golden hotels, or such do not exists ?

E. Is Rhodes or another island better suited for my requirements ?

Thanks.

7 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 5:12 AM
    • Taxi cost from Chania

by SAC9367 Online Now Apr 27, 2014 at 2:23 AM

Visiting Crete in August, Could anyone tell me the cost of a taxi from outside Chania airport to Stalis
      Regards

2 Answers May 3, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    • Which beach resort is best?

by Honeybooboo Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hi - We are a "young" couple in our 50's. We'd like to stay in a resort that has a good beach, beautiful views, some nightlife, villagey atmosphere, good food. We will be hiring a car. Could stay in self catering or hotel. Any suggestoins would be appreciated.

Thank you.

5 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 12:22 AM

8 nights in Crete

by Rach&Jay Online Now Apr 18, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Hi All
      We are planning 8 nights in Crete. We are planning to hire a car so will have transport.
      I would like to split the island into 2 parts - 4 nights in each as I prefer not to move Accommodation more than that.
      We love beaches, food, bars, culture, lots of non touristy things and more food!! - the more local, the better!
      Can anyone suggest (a) which 2 areas to stay (Chania and Heraklion?) of the 4 main districts?
      I would love your suggestions on the best beaches and restaurants and things to do please
      Thanks!!
      Rach

5 Answers May 7, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    • BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

by BobWaldman Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 11:13 AM
    • Elafonissi

by bettty123 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Hi i was just wondering if there are any trips that visit Elafonissi beach from Hersonissos. If so how much would i be looking at paying and how long would the day be. I really want to go, its just convincing my partner to agree and keep me company. Thanks,
      Beth 

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • Car rental - with points on license

by jimmygreaves2014 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Hi,
      I'm due to visit Crete next week and I was wondering if the fact that I have 6 points, and the very old paper only copy of the drivers license, would be a major issue ?

Cheers

Jim

13 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 6:37 AM

crete itinerary

by BobWaldman Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

may i have your opinions on the following itinerary:
      Chania May31-June2
      Fallassarna/Elafonisi June3
      Palaiochora June4
      Chora Sfakion June5-6
      Rethymo june7-8
      Bali June9
      Agios Nikolis June10-11
      Irakelon June12-14

Thanks for your help!

7 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM

suggestions for 2 week itinerary in late May

by BobWaldman Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Suggestions for 2 week itinerary in late May

3 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM
    • The Bull Bar, Gouves

by tvenergy Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Is the Bull Bar in Gouves still having live music in 2014?

6 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • any safety tips for walkers?

by briandobinson Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Staying @ Aldemar Knossos Royal in Hersonissos in mid-Oct for one week . Any tips to ensure safety during walking holiday?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

herakalion.???

by Elyzabeth Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

WE WILL BE THERE IN OCTOBER, ANY ADVICE,
      PLACES TO EAT,
      COST OF TAXI'S

BEST OF ANYTHING?

ANY SECRET PLACES TO GO TO ?

MUCH APPRECIATED

4 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    • Help with Iraklion Street Names

by emyersjr Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I lived on Crete from 1969 a 1971 as a USAF dependent ( father was stationed on Iraklion AFB). I want to take my family to Crete within the next year - in hope of paying a visit to the section of Iraklion where we once lived. I remember heading west of the base and while riding the school bus along a winding mountain road. The section of town we lived in was a short walking distance from Lions Square. Although I do realize that Crete has undergone a lot of changes over the past 40 years, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a (English Translated) map of Iraklion from the late 60's or early 70's? I'm not too sure of the spelling but I'm looking for a street named Methosa. In addition, I'm searching for any information regarding a small hotel from that time frame by the name of Hotel Delaney (agin, not sure of the spelling). The hotel sat on a hill and overlooked a small fishing village. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Earl Myers

• Tips on holiday in Crete with limited mobility

by Teasel- Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I will be in Crete later on this week with my sister, who has permanent pain in her ankle, and can only walk very slowly and really not far. The original plan was to stay in our hotel and pool, or go to the closest beach. She now thinks we should get buses to other beaches. I know it will vary from place to place but any idea how far in meters it will be from where a bus drops you off to the beach?
      Any other tips on something that we could do for a bit of variety, or when it's too hot to be on the beach, that we could get to easily? Could be a general suggestion - ie whether a cafe is happy for you to sit in and read a book even if you're only buying the ocasssional drink, or specific places.
      We'll be staying in Rethymnon, a small hotel called Thalassi.
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • Gouves in October

by travelingstudent Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

We are intending on visiting Gouves around 27th Sep-11th Oct and wondered if things are still open then?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Any suggestions?

by Elyzabeth Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Tips, feedback, food, people ???

We are going in October

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Crete Island by public buses

by diana_renou Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Hi everybody. I am a women travelling alone to Greece in June 2014. I travel by my own and i have to spend a lot of time looking for information for my trip. My question is: How many days do I need to see Chania, Retimo and Heraclio if i dont rent a car and go by public transportation ( buses). I only pretend to walk around the town and have a cafe watching the sea. I would like to visit the Gnosos palace and other arqueological sight near the towns. I would like to known how long take to go from Heraklion to Retimo and Retimo to Chania by bus. And finally!!: It is very difficult to go from Crete to Santorini and Mikonos? It is easy go to Rhodes? or it is better to stay all the time in Crete? thanks a lot for any advice!!! i really apreciate!!

3 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • Boat Trips

by liggy Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Does anyone know if you can sail around Crete?

6 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Should we Stay at a hotel right in Iraklion...or get a better deal outside of the main city

by Elyzabeth Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

They say the bus will only take 20 minutes to get into town, but these places are not always honest, it is not the distance I am asking about, but the reputation of the busses on Crete, In some places we have gone to, the busses are either very erratic or way overcrowded... Can anyone advise me about this? Also we can either stay out of Iraklion and get a great deal.. or we can stay in the main city itself and get a less favourable deal

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    • Car rental at Heraklion Port

by winkd2 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Any recommendations on a company for a car rental at the Heraklion port?

Thanks

10 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM