change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BobWaldman's Profile Photo

crete itinerary

by BobWaldman Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

more
    • Elafonissi

by bettty123 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Hi i was just wondering if there are any trips that visit Elafonissi beach from Hersonissos. If so how much would i be looking at paying and how long would the day be. I really want to go, its just convincing my partner to agree and keep me company. Thanks,
      Beth 

more
    • Car rental - with points on license

by jimmygreaves2014 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Hi,
      I'm due to visit Crete next week and I was wondering if the fact that I have 6 points, and the very old paper only copy of the drivers license, would be a major issue ?

Cheers

Jim

more

crete itinerary

by BobWaldman Online Now Apr 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I appreciate everyone's help with my itinerary so far. I think we have a final itinerary but I have one more question.
      We have a total of 14 days. Our itinerary so far is as follows:
      Chania 3 nights
      Loutro 3 nights
      Rethymomn 3 nights
      Enagron Ecotourism Village 3 nights
      Iraklion 2 nights

What advice would you give about going to Agios Nikolas instead of Enagron?

1 Answer Yesterday
    • Elafonissi

by bettty123 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Hi i was just wondering if there are any trips that visit Elafonissi beach from Hersonissos. If so how much would i be looking at paying and how long would the day be. I really want to go, its just convincing my partner to agree and keep me company. Thanks,
      Beth 

3 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM
    • Car rental - with points on license

by jimmygreaves2014 Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 3:58 PM

Hi,
      I'm due to visit Crete next week and I was wondering if the fact that I have 6 points, and the very old paper only copy of the drivers license, would be a major issue ?

Cheers

Jim

13 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 6:37 AM

crete itinerary

by BobWaldman Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 9:50 AM

may i have your opinions on the following itinerary:
      Chania May31-June2
      Fallassarna/Elafonisi June3
      Palaiochora June4
      Chora Sfakion June5-6
      Rethymo june7-8
      Bali June9
      Agios Nikolis June10-11
      Irakelon June12-14

Thanks for your help!

7 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM

suggestions for 2 week itinerary in late May

by BobWaldman Online Now Feb 11, 2014 at 6:06 AM

Suggestions for 2 week itinerary in late May

3 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM
    • The Bull Bar, Gouves

by tvenergy Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Is the Bull Bar in Gouves still having live music in 2014?

6 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • any safety tips for walkers?

by briandobinson Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Staying @ Aldemar Knossos Royal in Hersonissos in mid-Oct for one week . Any tips to ensure safety during walking holiday?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM
    • Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

herakalion.???

by Elyzabeth Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

WE WILL BE THERE IN OCTOBER, ANY ADVICE,
      PLACES TO EAT,
      COST OF TAXI'S

BEST OF ANYTHING?

ANY SECRET PLACES TO GO TO ?

MUCH APPRECIATED

3 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM
    • Help with Iraklion Street Names

by emyersjr Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I lived on Crete from 1969 a 1971 as a USAF dependent ( father was stationed on Iraklion AFB). I want to take my family to Crete within the next year - in hope of paying a visit to the section of Iraklion where we once lived. I remember heading west of the base and while riding the school bus along a winding mountain road. The section of town we lived in was a short walking distance from Lions Square. Although I do realize that Crete has undergone a lot of changes over the past 40 years, does anyone know where I can get my hands on a (English Translated) map of Iraklion from the late 60's or early 70's? I'm not too sure of the spelling but I'm looking for a street named Methosa. In addition, I'm searching for any information regarding a small hotel from that time frame by the name of Hotel Delaney (agin, not sure of the spelling). The hotel sat on a hill and overlooked a small fishing village. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Earl Myers

• Tips on holiday in Crete with limited mobility

by Teasel- Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I will be in Crete later on this week with my sister, who has permanent pain in her ankle, and can only walk very slowly and really not far. The original plan was to stay in our hotel and pool, or go to the closest beach. She now thinks we should get buses to other beaches. I know it will vary from place to place but any idea how far in meters it will be from where a bus drops you off to the beach?
      Any other tips on something that we could do for a bit of variety, or when it's too hot to be on the beach, that we could get to easily? Could be a general suggestion - ie whether a cafe is happy for you to sit in and read a book even if you're only buying the ocasssional drink, or specific places.
      We'll be staying in Rethymnon, a small hotel called Thalassi.
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 4:19 AM
    • Gouves in October

by travelingstudent Online Now Aug 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM

We are intending on visiting Gouves around 27th Sep-11th Oct and wondered if things are still open then?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 4:26 AM

Any suggestions?

by Elyzabeth Online Now Aug 24, 2013 at 5:20 AM

Tips, feedback, food, people ???

We are going in October

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Crete Island by public buses

by diana_renou Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Hi everybody. I am a women travelling alone to Greece in June 2014. I travel by my own and i have to spend a lot of time looking for information for my trip. My question is: How many days do I need to see Chania, Retimo and Heraclio if i dont rent a car and go by public transportation ( buses). I only pretend to walk around the town and have a cafe watching the sea. I would like to visit the Gnosos palace and other arqueological sight near the towns. I would like to known how long take to go from Heraklion to Retimo and Retimo to Chania by bus. And finally!!: It is very difficult to go from Crete to Santorini and Mikonos? It is easy go to Rhodes? or it is better to stay all the time in Crete? thanks a lot for any advice!!! i really apreciate!!

3 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • Boat Trips

by liggy Online Now Jul 3, 2013 at 5:30 AM

Does anyone know if you can sail around Crete?

6 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Should we Stay at a hotel right in Iraklion...or get a better deal outside of the main city

by Elyzabeth Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

They say the bus will only take 20 minutes to get into town, but these places are not always honest, it is not the distance I am asking about, but the reputation of the busses on Crete, In some places we have gone to, the busses are either very erratic or way overcrowded... Can anyone advise me about this? Also we can either stay out of Iraklion and get a great deal.. or we can stay in the main city itself and get a less favourable deal

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    • Car rental at Heraklion Port

by winkd2 Online Now Jun 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Any recommendations on a company for a car rental at the Heraklion port?

Thanks

10 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    • Easiest way from gerani to agios nikolais

by Nicjanejohnson Online Now Jun 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Hi
      Will be spending just a week in gerani in July 2013 but desperately want to take the boat trip to spinnalonga, what's the best way to get from gerani to one if the ports that run trips out to spinnalonga???
      Hope someone can help.. Nicola
      Xxx

• autounion car rental heraklion airport

by laor Online Now May 8, 2013 at 4:19 AM

reviews about this company

2 Answers May 8, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • Chania - Herakloin

by RoxanneShipley Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 6:44 AM

Hi, I am flying into Chania and need to get to herakloin, what would be the best way to do this? Thanks

3 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    • From Chania Airport to Rethymno at 11.40 pm

by mercarzia Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Hi!
      We are coming to Crete at 11.20 pm to Chania Airport and we need to get to Rethymno. How is it better to do it? Is public transport still works that late?
      How much may it cost?
      Christina

6 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
    • margaretsoon's Profile Photo

health boost:)

by margaretsoon Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM

hi!
      I am traveling to Chania next week, I really need a nice recovering vacation. I booked to Minoa Palace where the spa offer is really nice, but a friend of mine recommended me this alternative health therapy called biomagnetismus or biomagnetismo available in Chania town...she has also done it in Spain, she was delighted. Has anyone tried it?

2 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    • Sitia to Matala driving.....

by Tommmo Online Now Feb 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

There are two ways to go - via Iraklion or via Ierapetra. Which way is faster? I'm sure each is spectacular , but there may be a good reason to choose one as better? We are hoping to cover the distance in a day if possible.

15 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 2:23 AM
    • Getting around for 17 days.....

by Tommmo Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM

So...with some help about arriving Heraklion at Easter , we have decided to drive from the airport and go straight to Ag Nik even though it will be at night. Ag.Nik. seems a much better place to hang out for a few days.
      So, after a couple of days exploring the Eastern end we should head towards the south in the car , as this sounds more like our kind of area.
      We can probably see Knossos and the museum on our return to Heraklion.
      So, ..what would be the best driving route from Gulf of Mirabella to the south coast?
      Then from Preveli Beach should we head North to Rethymno and to Chania
      and maybe base ourselves there to explore the West ?
      We seem to be able to rent the car for Eu 135 week so it is possible for us to use it throughout - though there is then the pressure to use it instead of just lying around sometimes!
      Advice on a great route around the island for the 17 days would be greatly appreciated..........thanks

8 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
    • Easter (May 5) in Crete

by Tommmo Online Now Dec 8, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Arriving in Heraklion airport 8 pm day before Easter. Will we be able to get to town? Is everything closed for Easter or do they allow for tourists to eat at tavernas etc.?

7 Answers Mar 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    • polyesta's Profile Photo

Crete, hostels, places early November end of October

by polyesta Online Now Oct 25, 2012 at 4:28 AM

Aloha.

I just arrived on Crete today. Being a big fan of Youth hostels I went for the one youth hostel in Heraklion that got good reviews. Rent Rooms Hellas in Heraklion is closed, unfortunately. The other one I did not check. Just reading about it made me itch.
      Rent Rooms Hellas is closed for ever, I just got an email that told me this.

It is off- season. Almost November. Does anybody have tips for youth hostels on Crete that are still open?
      I checked Plakias, they are packing up this weekend ;(

I like youth hostels because it is a great way to meet fellow travellers. But other places with good communial spaces are alos good for meeting people.

Do any of you have good tips on hostels and places to stay where there are good communial spaces. Like a rooftop terras, garden, kitchen etc.

I know I am a lazy git for posting it like this, but: Any tips on must see/do things where there's also good accomodation would be great ;-)

2 Answers Oct 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM
    • didosoft1's Profile Photo

how to arrive to the sitia ?

by didosoft1 Online Now Oct 20, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Hello all I plan to go to Crete in November town Sitia How to get there?
      by plane ? /by ferry ?

2 Answers Oct 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM
    • jacquitabanana's Profile Photo

malia 1st week of october

by jacquitabanana Online Now Sep 5, 2012 at 5:51 AM

Hi all, we are trying to decide where to spend a week the start of october. has anyone heard of the Primavera studios and apartments in malia. we have gotten a good price for here. will the sun still be hot then. I hope so anyway hmmm
      any help appreciated

1 Answer Sep 5, 2012 at 6:17 AM
    • entertainment fun park

by johndoejr Online Now Aug 7, 2012 at 3:43 AM

hi

i am looking for a kids playground, maybe something like this :
      http://www.goldenfunpark.gr/

which will be air-condtioned (kids can be bored everyday with pool and sea) and maybe close to heraklion or heronissos

thanks.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2012 at 4:26 AM
    • Rent a car near hotel or orginized day trips with the hotel

by johndoejr Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Hi
      We plan to do some day trips. We would like the rent a car. Is there a car renting agent near the mare blue village hotel near heronissos?
      Or maybe it will be more economic to join an hotel tour?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 7, 2012 at 1:58 AM
    • 15 aug - assumtion day

by johndoejr Online Now Aug 3, 2012 at 10:15 AM

hi

is there any special events in this day ?
      is stores will be closed early?

thanks

4 Answers Apr 15, 2013 at 7:31 AM