Travel Answers
Crete Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Air Minoan has any body travel with them?

by zohar989 Online Now Sep 6, 2015 at 6:46 PM

Can someone tell about their experience of the flight?

• Night life in Crete

by Yoohoo25 Online Now Aug 28, 2015 at 4:44 AM

i am planing to come with my friends to crete in late September
      We are age between 30 to 40 mens .

Looking for night clubs and have fun in Crete .
      Any ideas ??
      Also we are looking for villa with private swimming pool for more fun any ideas ??

8 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 8:43 AM
    • Chania/Platanias : Help, what to see and where to eat and so on..

by Eva.B.S Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Hi all, hope to get some inspiration here, we are a family of 6, (age: 9-5-17-41-47and 76)whos going to Crete in september. We are staying at a hotel in patanias,
      we have been talking about going to Knossos, and to the maritime museum in chania, and to the church near the harbor in chania(been told its very beautiful) Do any have any other idea of what would bee good to visit/see?

shopping, Where is the best? Is there an photo/electrical shop(where to buy equipment, memory cards etc)

Where is it good to go and eat for lunch and dinner, ?

We have been searching for guides to show us chania, but they are way to expensife, do any have any recomendations for a costable guide?

X my fingers for some answears :-)

6 Answers Aug 4, 2015 at 6:07 AM
    • rl1steve's Profile Photo

Card or cash

by rl1steve Online Now Jul 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM

We are going to Crete in September, we have been advised to take cash but I have seen that any purchases over 70€ have to be paid by card. Advice please

5 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 1:10 AM
    • alectrevor's Profile Photo

Buses Gouves to Heraklion

by alectrevor Online Now Jul 13, 2015 at 1:26 AM

I believe there are buses on the main road Gouves, if so how frequent do they run, and do you pay the driver. Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 13, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    • Euro crisis

by crazymum Online Now Jul 6, 2015 at 12:19 AM

Can anyone on Crete please advise me of the current situation as to what is happening as I've got a Son on holiday. So much hype is in the media that I really do no know what to believe. Please no speculation just hard facts from Crete - we've heard stories that food and pharmaceutical supplies are running out - is this true?? Many thanks

4 Answers Jul 12, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    • Current situation with banks in Crete

by crazymum Online Now Jun 29, 2015 at 1:16 AM

My Son is departing for Crete next Sunday and as parents we're worried about the current currency situation. He does not have a credit card only a bank debit card. Which currency is preferred - is it still Euros or would US$ GB £ be a better option. If local people could keep me updated I would be much appreciated. Much has been heard about what is happening in Athens but how much is this directly affecting Crete. I note that the banks will be closed for at least a week - difficult to distinguish fact from fiction in the media

Hoping someone can keep a worried mum up-dated. Please no generalised info - hard facts as to what is happening.
      Many thanks

3 Answers Jun 29, 2015 at 4:36 AM
    • gouves or malia ?

by clo50 Online Now Jun 27, 2015 at 6:02 AM

I am going in the end of september for 5 days. not interrested in parties. ( we are daughter and mother) just want to relax on the beach and take a trip (independant) to spinalonga. will most of the place closed this time ?what is the best choice for us ?

5 Answers Jun 27, 2015 at 5:19 PM
    • Tertius's Profile Photo

Is there a lot of thorns on Crete - want to cycle, but not be fixing punctures

by Tertius Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 4:31 AM

I am coming to Crete in July - want to cycle as much as possible, but worried that I am going to be fixing punctures for most of my holiday ? The videos I see gives idea that a lot of dry bushes etc would leave lots of sharp thorns, sticks for my tires. Dis anyone of you cycle / walk a lot around Crete ? South, Central, close to Heraklion as well.

4 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 6:40 AM
    • Car Rental

by ctsohas Online Now Jun 22, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Should I rent car or take public transportation?

3 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 4:48 PM
    • piano_007's Profile Photo

What to see and how to go ?

by piano_007 Online Now Jun 9, 2015 at 9:48 AM

I'm going to Crete for 9 days-(arrival july 3 th) .(Couple 65+) booked hotel via (Belgian)travel agency in Anissaras (Chrissy Amoudia). but we want to see some history ( + cathedral Heraklion, Knossos.....) We normally travel: or with public transport or with rental car. I found one daily bus to (9.00 am ) and from (1.45 h pm) Heraklion that stops at the hotel. So I think we'd better rent a car. Any suggestions? or are there more buses available ? Which places are also interesting ? (within 50 km).As I said we are 65+, I'm 67, my husband 70, we still want to travel and discover new places, but we do need a few days more to realise it. (both have back- and heart problems, but we still don't give up !) who wants to give an (ancient) couple a good advice ?

6 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM
    • Where to base

by ChristineH18 Online Now May 30, 2015 at 10:06 AM

We are a well travelled 60+couple who travel usually by public transport. We love history and sightseeing, where would we best to base to explore the most. We are completely easy and have only been to Rhodes. Thanks Chris

15 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 4:57 PM
    • ElaineS26's Profile Photo

Algia pelga

by ElaineS26 Online Now May 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM

What's Agia pelga like is the beach Sandy and spacious, plus is the village all together not sprawled out

3 Answers May 27, 2015 at 8:32 AM
    • ElaineS26's Profile Photo

Best sandy beaches

by ElaineS26 Online Now May 17, 2015 at 8:41 AM

Can anyone recommend a big sandy beach with a nice village feel not sprawled out, like village squares and tavernas overlooking the sea, we have been to crete many times and love georgioplois, but have heard this year they are doing major sewage repairs. Would love to find another place similar, we are both in our fifties and are young at heart but don't like mad house places.

8 Answers May 18, 2015 at 7:19 AM
    • Price of eating out

by Ellesmereport Online Now Apr 28, 2015 at 9:45 AM

Hi any idea of the cost of eating out in Gouves and the price of beer.

5 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • cnsyazz's Profile Photo

Crete Touring....

by cnsyazz Online Now Apr 24, 2015 at 3:31 AM

May/June I plan on visiting Crete and very much would like to explore the island and see/experience some of the highlights. Is it advisable to hire a guide for the day or just rent a car and go explore? Does anyone have strong recommendations for a local guide? I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions too.
      THANK YOU!!
      Happy Travels

10 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 4:27 AM
    • cnsyazz's Profile Photo

Crete to Santorini?

by cnsyazz Online Now Apr 24, 2015 at 3:26 AM

I am considering a day trip from Crete to Santorini. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Is there an "organized tour package"? Or do I book a ferry (suggestions please) and do Santorini on my own?
      THANK YOU!!
      Happy Travels

8 Answers May 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM
    • Chania town

by Aplin722 Online Now Mar 29, 2015 at 1:56 PM

What's the best things to do in chania in the beginning of july,and what is the kalyves beach hotel were staying at in chania like.

7 Answers Jun 15, 2015 at 12:26 AM
    • Prepaid SIM card at Heraklion airport

by gezergirl Online Now Mar 9, 2015 at 4:10 AM

I'm interested in buying a prepaid Greek SIM card upon my arrival at Heraklion airport. Can I buy one there? Also, could you point me to websites of Greek cellphone companies that offer such cards, so I'd be able to compare their rates ahead of time?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2015 at 4:37 AM
    • Best place to visit with 11 month old baby

by Kleinwolf Online Now Mar 4, 2015 at 6:28 AM

Hi We are planning a holiday to crete beginning September, would like to know which part of the island is best to visit that time of year. Also do you have any hotel reccomendations to stay with 11 month old baby.We are looking for a spacious place near the beach, good tradtional greek cuisine close by , nice beaches not too far. Many thanks

4 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 6:51 PM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

staying in Gouves, first time on Crete island

by alisononthego Online Now Feb 4, 2015 at 8:58 AM

Hello, we are staying in Gouves for one week at the beginning of June. Can anyone tell us "must do's" and "must see" please. Many thanks

17 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 6:22 AM
    • To go to Crete?

by t.dill Online Now Jan 1, 2015 at 11:48 PM

Hi, I am planning a trip around Europe, and I was wondering whether it is worth going Crete as I am already planning on going to Greece. Thanks!

14 Answers Mar 29, 2015 at 6:45 PM
    • thomas1954's Profile Photo

sightseeing and relaxing away from it all holiday

by thomas1954 Online Now Oct 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Hi i travel to crete in may for a quiet hol and take in the historical sights where would you recommend.

6 Answers Oct 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM
    • windcity's Profile Photo

A week in Crete

by windcity Online Now Sep 11, 2014 at 4:17 PM

We are about to book a week in Crete at the end of the month, but not sure where to base our selves, We will probably rent a car for a few days . We are not into hanging around the beach but a sea view is a must. Interests include architecture and culture, any suggestions please...

5 Answers Nov 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    • vacation in crete

by LiorY Online Now Sep 3, 2014 at 6:33 AM

My friends and I was thinking about taking a vacation in hesonissos in september (18-21/9).
      we are looking for parties and beach mostly (age 20)
      are there still parties in that dates?
      would we be able to go to the beach?
      is it still a good time to go to crete?
      thank you!!

1 Answer Sep 4, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Family of 4 in Crete for 7 nights

by pcdoh Online Now Aug 27, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hi Guys,

We are planning a trip to Europe in 2015, with a trip to Crete mid-September. We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids - 8 & 11). We will fly in from Athens and catch a ferry to Ios after 7 nights in Crete. I have a couple of questions:

1. We will be using travel backpacks for luggage - are we ok to use public busses to get around from town to town to our accomodation or will we need to hire a car?
      2. Any suggestions for itinerary (we are keen to see major sites)
      3. Any suggestions for kids activities/family friendly restaurants etc.

I appreciate any advice you have to any/all of the above questions. Thanks for taking the time to help.

3 Answers Nov 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • dress code

by alfqoh Online Now Aug 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM

is there any places you have to observe some kind of dress code ie no shorts or t shirts etc

4 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    • Walkaholic's Profile Photo

Leather Sandals

by Walkaholic Online Now Aug 18, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Does anyone know a shop selling made to measure sandals/ shoes near Heraklion?

1 Answer Aug 27, 2014 at 2:05 AM
    • Ferry from gouves to chania

by Pippa683 Online Now Aug 14, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Is there a ferry from gouves to chania?

2 Answers Sep 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    • Get from Airport to Hotel in Crete

by linadro Online Now Aug 12, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Hello there, We would like to know how to get to Ostria Beach hotel (Crete, Ierapetra) from the "North Kazantzakis Airport"; are there busses / train / taxi / hotel transportation? please advise on the possiblities

1 Answer Aug 12, 2014 at 2:13 AM