Crested Butte Travel Answers

change location
freckleface's Profile Photo

horses, rafts, bikes

by freckleface Online Now Jul 30, 2003 at 7:48 PM

Good evening. We're taking a house for a week in CB second week in Aug.. Have three kids 14,13,7. Would like suggestions on rafting outfitters, bikes, and horses. Also, any suggestions on massages and kayak lessons? Thanks. s

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Rasta_Rob's Profile Photo

Re: horses, rafts, bikes

by Rasta_Rob Online Now Aug 2, 2003 at 7:15 PM

It's been a couple years since I was last up in CB, but I don't seem to recall seeing much rafting or kayaking activity there -- there really aren't any major rivers up the valley where CB is located. Perhaps back down in Gunnison? Rafting and kayaking are, however, quite popular on the Arkansas River back on the other side of Monarch pass, and if you drive to CB from Denver via Buena Vista, you will pass dozens of outfitters along the river. Moutain biking is very popular in Crested Butte and there are a number of places to rent bikes, both in town and up near the ski area. I would think there are also plenty of places nearby for horseback riding as well. It's a pretty small town, so you should be able to get a lay of the land your first day there. Cheers! -Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines