change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mckinney3's Profile Photo

Are there weather concerns for mid September

by mckinney3 Online Now Sep 21, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Planning a trip for 2014. Targeting Crater Lake around September 15. Should I be concerned about road closures? Will hiking trails be open?

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Driving time from Eugene, Or

by Fredalves Online Now Jul 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Whta's the driving time from Eugene to Crater Lake's North Rim?

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
    • TrudyTravel's Profile Photo

Tent Camping

by TrudyTravel Online Now Jul 26, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Anyone gone tent camping at Crater Lake? Planning on going for 3 days around Aug 1st. Is the wood on the ground plentiful or would I be better off buying it at the local store? Any electrical outlets for the tent sites? Is the store priced reasonably or should I bring my own groceries? Which sites are close to the bathrooms? Any insights on camping there would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 28, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    • crater lake in september

by buwanataraw Online Now Apr 26, 2011 at 10:13 PM

i'm debating as to whether i should pursue a trip to crater lake this year so a few questions:

1. is september a good time to go to crater lake?
      2. does the lake live up to its deep, brilliant blue color claim?
      3. i don't wanna hike. would i still be able to appreciate the lake even if i don't swim in it?

thank you. :)

4 Answers May 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    • greacia's Profile Photo

boat ride on Crater Lake

by greacia Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 10:58 AM

My sister and I are planning a trip to Crater Lake and have read about a boat ride on the lake. Is the only access to this ride the hike down to the water's edge, or are there shuttle buses from the rim to the water? Thanks in advance for any replies. Judy

• KieronP's Profile Photo

Flight from New York

by KieronP Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 3:50 AM

Hi I hope to visit the crater lake national park in the summer but first I will be visiting friends in Philadelphia and New York. I can't find any direct flights from these cities to an airport in Oregon, can anyone help me with the best way to get there from NYC? thanks Kieron

7 Answers Apr 7, 2005 at 12:22 PM