Covão do Feto

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Trying to identify the name of a store right near the port

Ponta Delgada Jan 26, 2016 at 8:11 AM

Hi. I went to Ponta Delgada in late 2014 on a cruise. Great place. I am trying to find out the name (and contact info) for a store right near the port that sold souvenirs, food, wine, etc. It was on the main street that goes along the water. They have a large cow statue outside of their store. They also gave out tasting samples of jam/jellies. I purchased several and would like to get more. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

more
    • Riverside bars

Lisbon Feb 1, 2016 at 3:51 PM

I visited Lisbon 15 years ago and was taken to a lively area by the river which was full of bars and nightclubs ... I am going to make another trip at the beginning of March and would like to try and revisit this place but can't remember where it was in Lisbon. So far my Internet search brought no result. Would anyone be able to help, all I remember it looked a bit like the docks and there was some kind of boardwalk with little bars scattered around with loud music playing from everywhere and lots of people about doing bar-hopping... Any ideas?

more
    • Kietaa's Profile Photo

Getting there

Évora Jan 19, 2016 at 1:34 PM

I'm going to be in Cabanas de la Tavira ,and from there on to Evora for three days before moving on to Lisbon . Can anyone suggest the best way to get there without renting a car ?

more
    • Taxi Number or bus connection

Portimão Jan 10, 2016 at 1:53 AM

Hello,

Arriving in Portimao with the bus from Lisbon - Largo do Dique is where we get dropped off I believe.
      We are staying at Oasis Parque - I see it is a bit of a bus terminal around there - I am so confused with the via dem bus timetable (route 36 or 21 or 11) cannot figure it out. SO if necessary and I don't see any taxis, what number would I call and will they understand English? Sorry to ask such basics but have tried to find answers first. Many thanks!

more
    • giampiero6's Profile Photo

Trekking in Portugal in Summer

Portugal Yesterday

Dear VT Friends.
      Friends and I are looking for a challenging hiking route in Portugal - Ideally we would like to do a trek that combines mountainous remote-ish hiking with ability to reach accommodation at the end of the day. At the end of the trip, we'd be joined by our families for a relaxing vacation of sight seeing, eating and drinking.

I have nice memories of our beautiful time near Lisbon during the VT meet up. I'm wondering especially about Northern Portugal.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Travels,

G

more
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Lagos or Albufeira ??

Albufeira Jan 24, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Please help me decide... Lagos or Albufeira

Ive traveled plenty, but never to the Algarve Im flying into Faro in mid June, and will be hiring a vehicle.

Trying to decide a home base for 5 days. The people im with would love a beach scene and a seaside town... I like and "old town" area..... Im a big photographer, looking for the perfect photo.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Rod

more
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Photographing the Benagil Caves

Lagos Jan 21, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Hello
      Is there a service that will drop you off in the Benagil Sea Cave to allow for photography?
      I realize there are many tours that go into the cave(s) but im looking to stay for an hour or so.

Thanks for your help

more
    • FatesWarn's Profile Photo

8-Hour Layover in Lisbon

Lisbon Jan 11, 2016 at 6:53 PM

My flight to Spain includes a layover in Lisbon; while it was never part of my original agenda, I started kicking myself that I didn't include it somehow.
      So now, TAP has cancelled the earlier connection we had to Bilbao and now we have an 8 hour layover.

Can we get through customs, get into town to stroll around, and then get back to the airport and back through security in time to make our mid-afternoon flight to Bilbao?

more
    • Algarve or Malta

Portugal Jan 19, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Hi All,

Planning to take week long holiday towards the end of the May. Kids would love the beach with sone warm water and parents would love some one nice locations/ European towns /Villages. I think Algarve and Malta both fit the bill. Any suggestions/ locations and pros nd cons. Looking at the holiday prices, Malta seems a little cheaper than Algarve. Also one more constraint is vegetarian food, as my wife is veggie.

I think in Algarve, I would definitely need a car. I am not sure about Malta.

Cheers RK

more