County Tipperary Travel Answers

change location

New Years Day in Cashel

by Silverarrow226 Online Now Dec 8, 2004 at 11:35 AM

We will be in Dublin December 30-January 2. What can a family with 3 kids (15, 13, &10). Are any museums and sights open on the 31st? Is there any place we can take kids to celebrate New Year's Eve? And what sights and/or pubs will be open in Cashel on New Year's Day?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • orlikins's Profile Photo

Re: New Years Day in Cashel

by orlikins Online Now Dec 9, 2004 at 1:37 AM

You can see the Rock of Cashel but I doubt if you would be able to take a tour on that day. Pubs will be open all over Ireland for that time period, however you will not be allowed in with the kids after 9pm. Kids have to be off the premises by 9 at the latest. el puss.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • CelticObsessions's Profile Photo

RE: New Years Day in Cashel

by CelticObsessions Online Now Jul 4, 2005 at 12:33 PM

Almost nothing will be open. I live in Cashel and it really shuts down over xmas. You should find the pubs open and supermarkets etc.. but most I'm guessing the Rock of Cashel might be shut around that time (not sure but it's pretty cold up there most days so I'd hate to think of going up at xmas time). Your best bet is to stay in your hotel and rent some dvd's for the kids to watch while you go out for a drink..that way you can meet some of the locals and just chill out.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular County Tipperary Travel Answer Locations