County Limerick

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Friday night in Limerick

Limerick Jun 15, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hi I'll be visiting Limerick this Friday on business and staying in one of the hotels in the city but would fancy a night out. I'm single, male, early thirties and enjoy a my beers. Being as I am on my own (can't be helped really) would anyone recommend somewhere that would be suitable where ladies of a similar age would go? Thanks in advance

more

Popular County Limerick Travel Answer Locations

• Friday night in Limerick

Limerick Jun 15, 2014 at 4:19 PM

Hi I'll be visiting Limerick this Friday on business and staying in one of the hotels in the city but would fancy a night out. I'm single, male, early thirties and enjoy a my beers. Being as I am on my own (can't be helped really) would anyone recommend somewhere that would be suitable where ladies of a similar age would go? Thanks in advance

1 Answer Jun 16, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    • Transportation Costs

Limerick Aug 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM

What is the apprrox. cost from Limerick Train Station to Adare Manor? Also, from Shannon Airport to Adare Manor

1 Answer Aug 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM
    • Cork or Limerick?

Limerick Jul 2, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Hello everybody,

I have the choice between staying one night in Cork or in Limerick.

What would you recommend?

What is important to us:

budget accomodation
      good nightlife
      good choice of happy hours
      lower price level

Should we stay in Limerick or Cork for our last night?
      We have a rental car and need to be at Shannon airport by 3 pm, so I thought in case we stay at Cork we need to leave by noon?

Thank you and greetings!

midnightfever

3 Answers Jul 4, 2012 at 2:58 AM
    • darrmont's Profile Photo

Park & ride for Motorhome

Limerick Jun 25, 2012 at 5:04 AM

We plan to visit Limerick in the next two weeks and travel by motorhome. we wondered if anyone knows of a good location for parking the motorhome convenient to the city and getting a bus or walking into the city. Is there any park and ride facilities around the city.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    • adare taxi

Adare Nov 7, 2011 at 3:02 AM

hi how much is a taxi from limerick junction to adare co limerick and does anyone have a number i can use thanks cx

2 Answers Nov 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    • Quickest and easiest route to Shannon airport

Limerick Mar 2, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Will be arriving by train to Limerick/Limerick Junction from Dublin on a Sunday morning. Need to get to Shannon airport by 12:30. Which is the easiest (not necessary to have the cheapest) route from Limerick to the airport? I have a 65 year old lady with me and we'll both be dragging suitcases around with us. If it is a taxi, average cost please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

4 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    • Shoes for rainy days

County Limerick Dec 30, 2010 at 10:14 AM

It will be my first visit to Ireland in mid-April. What type of women's shoes do I need for walking about?

6 Answers Jan 1, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    • schmechi's Profile Photo

Limerick or Galway

Limerick Nov 21, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Which city is more worth seeing, Galway or Limerick? Unfortunately my time is limited and I can only afford one day in one of this cities.

I'd spent two nights in the selected city using it as a base for a daytrip to Cliffs of Moher, the other day would be free for sightseeing...

9 Answers Nov 24, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    • Leather shops in limerick

Limerick Sep 9, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Where are there leather shops in limerick. I need to buy a leather skirt.

4 Answers Jan 18, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    • buses from Limerick city to Ballingarry, limerick?

Limerick Jun 4, 2010 at 2:39 PM

is there any services of this route on saturday [ 6/6/10]

in need of a quick reply, please, please lol

thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    • O'Briens Bridge Cottage B&B

Limerick Feb 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM

We are very interested in any information that can be given about "Shannon Cottage" at O'Briens Bridge on the Clare side of the river. Johns family came from the area and we are planning a trip over in May.

• Bicycle safety at Limerick train station

Limerick Jan 12, 2010 at 9:30 AM

Is there an area in which to lock your bike at Limerick train station.
      If yes, is this secure?

1 Answer Jan 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

Wednesday nights in Limerick City

Limerick Sep 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Hi World, I'll be in Limerick on Wednesday 21st October. Is there anything interesting happening clubwise? A place for the over 25s to hang out is where I'm after. Or a younger place playing r'n'b/80s/90s?

Thanks in advance.

The Sandman

2 Answers Oct 1, 2009 at 2:08 AM
    • Activities for Daddy and 2 wee ones whilst Mom works?

Adare Sep 15, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I'll be working while my husband and our 5 and 4 year olds will be free to roam--for four days. What can they do? There's a pool at the hotel, so that's a couple of hours a day. There's a park, so if the weather's nice, a little time spent there. Is there anything else in walking distance, or a short drive away? (My husband is GPS-challenged and a tentative driver with two kids on the other side of the road....) Thanks for any ideas!

2 Answers Sep 17, 2009 at 7:56 AM
    • Limerick to Shannon Airport Transportation

Limerick Jul 17, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Earlier this evening I asked for information about getting from the city of Limerick to the airport in the city of Shannon, in order to make an Aer Lingus flight to London that leaves SHANNON Airport at 0845, on September 3rd. I requested information on reliable shuttle service, taxi or bus, that was reasonably cost effective.

While I appreciated the detailed reply I received, the directions were to the airport in Dublin and not Shannon. Could I try my question again, please? Thank you.

6 Answers Aug 24, 2009 at 3:40 AM
    • Transportation From Limerick to Shannon Airport

Limerick Jul 17, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I would like to know how one can reliably get from Limerick to Shannon Airport to catch an Aer Lingus
      flight that leaves for London at 0845. Is there a shuttle service, a public bus, a private car/taxi to hire
      that would accomplish this in a reasonably economical way? When answering, please include the name
      of the service, the time schedule, cost and any other pertinent information that would enable us to make
      a reservation. Thank you

2 Answers Jul 18, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    • oslonewcomer's Profile Photo

day trip limerick to galway: poor idea?

Limerick Jun 24, 2009 at 7:45 PM

From Limerick, We're planning a couple days for excursions in county clare. The more I read about Bunratty, Adare, etc. the more they sound like tourist traps rather than somewhere I want to spend my few precious days in Ireland. So now we're thinking maybe a day trip to Galway. It looks like a 1 1/2 hour bus ride (can anyone advise CityLink vs. Bus Eireann?)
      We are more interested in people and life than in old castles (at least where it requires the better part of a day) does this seem like a reasonable use of time? Is Galway fairly compact and walkable (child and grandmother included in group)
      Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    • oslonewcomer's Profile Photo

Finding groceries/provisions in Limerick and elsewhere

Limerick Jun 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Hello, Can anyone help us about finding groceries (yogurts, bread, cheese, fruit, crackers) in Limerick and generally (Ennis, smaller towns) -- are there "chains" of stores? What are they typically called? thanks!

1 Answer Jun 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM
    • whitepac's Profile Photo

Limerick or Ennis

Limerick Jan 19, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I have just booked some cheap flights for me and my wife for her birthday to shannon airport for 2 nights and was wondering where was best to stay. Ennis or Limerick or even shannon. We would like something to explore during the day and we would like somewhere with some nice restuarants and we like a drink so lots of pubs too. Any info would be great.
      Thanks

7 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    • RPTB

Limerick Nov 22, 2008 at 7:42 AM

how much is it to park in Limerick station for a day

1 Answer Nov 22, 2008 at 7:55 AM
    • Bunratty Mead Availability

Limerick Apr 21, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Anyone know of a supplier that can ship Mead to the US? I remember having some in Ireland when I visited there but can't find it here in the States...

Anyone?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2008 at 12:29 PM
    • gmartly's Profile Photo

student exchange

Limerick Apr 1, 2008 at 3:45 PM

Hi there...help please :)

I'm thinking about student exchange and i need to find out a bit more about Limerick students life there...is there any? ;P
      What are costs of living (accomodation etc.)? is there any night life...apart from pubs.
      Is it good place to stay for few months? Is it safe ( i wont be alone)?
      Would you recomend that place for exchange? thanks in advance for any tips.
      take caRE :)

jo :)

5 Answers Apr 10, 2008 at 2:15 PM
    • NewYorkerDude

Limerick Feb 15, 2008 at 9:10 PM

1. Does the Jurys Inn have elevators? If not, does it have employees who would help carry luggage?
      2. Does loud noise from your bar disturb the hotel guests?

3 How far away is the University?

2 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 3:49 PM
    • Shops with chinese food

Limerick Feb 15, 2008 at 12:45 PM

I know one chinese superstore on Henry st. (probably). Are there any others shops in Limerick? Regards, Mike.

• curtis0916's Profile Photo

Bus day tour companies from Limerick

Limerick Jan 26, 2008 at 6:43 PM

Would anyone be able to provide me with the names of some bus tour companies that provide day tours to the Cliffs of Moher and to Cork? I will be in Limerick next weekend and would like to take these tours while I am there.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

4 Answers Jan 27, 2008 at 6:49 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

Hostels in Limerick?

Limerick Oct 8, 2007 at 1:32 PM

I know there was a post about this earlier in the year but I am wondering if anyonen can point me to a website which may list some, or even a, hostel in Limerick? I can't seem to find any. Since I have a car I will probably end up in a nearby town instead but I would still be interested to know if there are actually any hostels in Limerick....

5 Answers Oct 9, 2007 at 12:23 PM
    • Enjoyment for a Jamaican in Limerick

Limerick Sep 17, 2007 at 9:52 PM

All I am intending to stay in Limerick at Hilton [old Jurys Hotel] during October. What is there to do, enjoyment of all types, any type just trying to get the experience. I am from Jamaica so it would be allot different.

2 Answers Sep 18, 2007 at 9:43 AM
    • bus/taxi

Limerick Aug 12, 2007 at 5:03 PM

we will be flying into shannon and staying at a bandb on ennis road in limerick, is there bus and or taxi service at airport to get me to ennis road and how expensive??? thanks

1 Answer Aug 12, 2007 at 11:42 PM
    • Train to Cobh

Limerick Jun 13, 2007 at 4:53 PM

I will be arriving in Shannon and wanted to know if there is a train in Limerick to Cobh.
      Thanks for any help

2 Answers Jun 14, 2007 at 2:03 AM
    • Vegetarian food in Limerick?

Limerick Mar 23, 2007 at 3:15 PM

Where do you go out and eat in Limerick if you're a vegetarian? And what is the situation like if you go to a random pub and ask for food without meat, fish or seafood in it? I guess you should be able to get something to eat in most places even if it's not on the menu?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2007 at 4:16 PM