County Laois

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Carlow Nightlife

Carlow Aug 6, 2015 at 12:26 PM

What is the best night to go out in Carlow? Thursday/Friday? And Where? I am 19, so a young enough scene

more
    • Best way to travel from Doolin to Galway City

Doolin Aug 5, 2015 at 7:14 PM

In October, 2015 a friend and I are travelling from Blarney to Doolin, spending 2 nights there and then travelling to Galway City. We won't have a car so are wondering what is the best way to accomplish this. Thanks for any help.
      Barb

more
    • Somewhat handicapped

Ireland Aug 23, 2015 at 1:59 PM

We are visiting the Giants Causeway and one of the guests has COPD which limits her walking. Will she be able to see the causeway without walking too far?

more
    • What to do in less than one day

Ennis Aug 27, 2015 at 3:14 PM

I'm a first time visitor to Ennis and Ireland. Any suggestion as to what to see in Ennis in less than one day? Will have been in Cork the day before and plan on seeing Blarney and Cobh and City Gael while there, plus St. Anne's or Saint Fin Barre's Cathedral.

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

IRELAND OR WESTERN EUROPE

Ireland Aug 21, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Have been to 4 times and loved it, but now I'm thinking Ireland....15 days in October....need real help..what's everybody got to say about Ireland....l. ( been to Italy,Germany,Austria,Hungary,Czech republic,Poland...). Loved um all...will we love Ireland......from Florida.. Enjoy. Cobble stone streets, old buildings...site seeing in old villages....got the idea......lHELP IF YOU CAN......MARTIN

more
    • mjqd's Profile Photo

Day trips out of Dublin

Dublin Jul 30, 2015 at 7:22 PM

We are going to be in Dublin for 5 days in September. We are planning on doing a hop on and off bus tour on our first day; the second day a trip out of Dublin to the Cliffs of Moher; the 3rd day spent back in Dublin, 4th day another trip out to the countryside and the 5th day free to decide when we are there. We would like suggestions of anything you think are musts for us to see or do? We love the pictures of Kylemore Abbey and wondering if that trip would be good to take?
      Any suggestions of tour companies for day trips?
      Thanks in advance. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • trip planning

Ireland Aug 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM

im planning a trip to Ireland for next fall what are some places that I want to see and experience? I will be there for 10 days. Thanks!

more

Popular County Laois Travel Answer Locations

• TravelingGypsy's Profile Photo

The Irish Experience

County Laois Oct 7, 2008 at 4:38 PM

I wonder if there is a place to stay in Co Laios that incorporates a pub & accommodation, with a strong air of Irish hospitality. We intend to do some sightseeing, but would like to relax at the end of the night in a traditional pub with music, and the atmosphere only Ireland can offer. Asking a lot right?? It's our first trip over, and it's only a weekend this round. Just want to make the most of it. Any suggestions?

6 Answers Oct 15, 2008 at 4:22 PM
    • Location of Church

County Laois Mar 17, 2007 at 10:19 AM

I am going to Ireland July 2007. I have a death notice of a great uncle buried from Church of the Assumption, The Heath. Do you know where this is located? I think it is in County Laois, as that's what the newpaper clipping says. I'd like to see if I can locate any family that is still living there and I thought this would be a good place to start. His name was Joseph Dunne and he died August 27, 1955.

Thanks.

Donna Schofield
      USA

1 Answer Mar 18, 2007 at 3:07 AM
    • Birr

County Laois Mar 8, 2007 at 9:35 AM

doing some genealogy in county laois and wondered if birr or portlaoise would be good places to stay? any suggestions where to stay in each place? birr seems very historic and the castle is nearby.

2 Answers Mar 11, 2007 at 6:30 AM
    • Football / Irish music pubs

County Laois Apr 17, 2003 at 1:52 PM

Anyone know any good pubs to watch Celtic v Boavista game next week? Or good pubs for traditional irsih music mid week. Thanks J

1 Answer Apr 24, 2003 at 2:45 AM