change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Moucheron's Profile Photo

Time to drive

Killarney Apr 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM

What is a realistic driving time from Doolin to Killarney, Ireland?

15 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM
    • Store that sells Lamb pillows for grandchildren

Dingle Nov 15, 2013 at 8:42 AM

These are square pillows with a lamb's head on top. Bought some in Dingle a couple years ago and the grandchildren have worn them out. Need to purchase more so they can sleep!

• Is Killarney worth the drive on a short trip to Ireland?

Killarney Sep 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hi! My wife and I are planning a getaway to Ireland, and wondering if it's worth the drive to Killarney on 3-day trip. We are planning to spend one day each in Dublin, Galway, and Killarney, but don't want to spend all day driving. Do you think Killarney is a reasonable drive from Dublin/Galway, or if a long one, still worth it? Any advice is much appreciated!

7 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • Hen weekend

Killarney Aug 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Hi I am planning to have my hen weekend in Ireland next feb. Been looking at Belfast and Dublin. But have heard that Killarney has a good atmosphere with plenty of bars. Do you think it is suitable for a party of roughly 12 hens or are we better sticking with Belfast or Dublin for the nightlife?

4 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • Keely27's Profile Photo

How to get from Dublin to Dingle

Dingle Jun 6, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make my way to Dingle in the best time possible. My plane doesn't arrive in Dublin until 13:20, so I know that I'm missing any plane I might catch to Kerry Airport, but is there any way to fly to Cork airport from Dublin and then take a bus (or train) to Dingle/Tralee? Or if not, is a bus or train faster when leaving from Dublin airport? I realize neither of those options are as fast as a plane--but I DO want to get there sooner rather than later. Thank you so much for anyone taking the time to answer this, I appreciate it a lot!

7 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Booking accomodation as you go

Dingle Apr 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Will it be hard to find decent accomodation in the west coast area if you book as you go? We're travelling there in august and worry if we book now we'll not be able to go to places we might discover on the way, or if we like a place and would stay longer, we'd be out of luck if we booked ahead.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    • Train from Tralee to Farranfore

County Kerry Jun 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM

How much is the train ticket? Thank you

2 Answers Jun 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    • Train from Tralee to Dublin

Tralee Jun 18, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Does any one know the cost of the trip from Dublin to Tralee by train? Thank you.

5 Answers Jun 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    • nalmassy's Profile Photo

Lodging in Dingle

Dingle Jun 16, 2012 at 11:16 AM

We are planning a trip to Ireland, and want to stay in Dingle for two nights in July. Would it be recommend to stay in town, or on the outskirts? Would being in town not allow for a peaceful nights sleep? And is parking difficult? One lodging I'm looking into is on Connor Pass, another in Milltown, another in The Wood. Any suggestions as to the "best" spot?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    • Easiest transportation from Killarney to Tralee

Killarney Mar 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM

What is the easiest way to get from Killarney to Tralee. We will each have a suitcase?
      Thanks,

4 Answers Mar 26, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    • WW Kayaking

Killarney Feb 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Going to be in the Southeast of Ireland at end of May and I'm looking for possible White Water Kayaking opportunities near Killarney. Something in the neighborhood of a half day would be good. I won't be bringing my boat over so will need equip. rental as well.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 10:59 PM
    • Coleman gas cartridge

Tralee Jan 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hi,
      is in Tralee some possibility to buy Coleman Gas Cartridge? If yes where?
      Thank you
      Marek

1 Answer Jan 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM
    • anaturm's Profile Photo

Means of transport - Dublin to Killarney

Killarney Jan 1, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Im flying from Edinburgh to Dublin tomorrow and, instead of staying in the big city first and travelling the countryside later on, Ive decided to do it the other way around this time, so my plan is to go from the Dublin airport to Killarney. I imagine the best way to get there would be by train, right? But in the Dublin airport website it said that there is no railway connection there, so I should take a bus to one of the train stations. Which one should I go to? My flight arrives at about 21hrs, can I still get a train that night to Killarney or would it be easier to just book a night at a hostel in Dublin and travel on the following morning?

I would also like to then go on to Doolin, to see the Cliffs of Mohre. Can I get there by train directly from Killarney or would it be better to be "stationed" in Galway (which Im planning to visit anyway) and make daily trips out?

Thank you very very much in advance for any answers! The VT forum has already been a HUGE help planning my travel so far and as soon as Im somewhere more stable, Ill start writing reviews and "giving back"! Thanks again :)

4 Answers Jan 2, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    • dobrovod's Profile Photo

Christmas in Killarney

Killarney Dec 7, 2011 at 12:39 PM

It may sound cliché, but having some Irish ancestry and hearing this song as a kid made it sound wonderful. Now, I have the opportunity to do so with my family. I am wondering if much is open over the long Christmas weekend or if we would be sufficiently satisfied with the amenities at a nice hotel, local walks and Christmas mass.

Please let me know if 3-4 days worthwhile over Christmas. Due to flight times and days that I can take off, we may do a couple of days in Dublin as well with a rental car and stop by Blarney Castle.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 6:08 AM
    • Hen Party!!

Killarney Aug 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Any suggestions in what bar/nightclub for roughly 30 ppl in Killarney for age group from 20 - 50... is there any bars with vip area and maybe cocktail bar????? help....

2 Answers Sep 9, 2011 at 11:37 AM
    • fancy dress

Killarney Jul 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM

hi i was just wondering how killarney is for fancy dress. its mine and my friends 25th in august and we'v booked a hotel in killarney and we all plan on dressing in sexy fancy dress and would like to know weather there is any places that object to this and any places that dont mind???

2 Answers Jul 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    • Wednesday and Thursday nights in Killarney

Killarney Apr 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Will be on a tour of Ireland next week and will be spending Wednesday and Thursday nights in Killarney. In case we wind up having to find our own entertainment those nights. . . . - what would be some recommended locations that are not tourist traps but yet have a lively atmosphere. Our group of friends are in the 30's to 40's age bracket if that makes a difference.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions

5 Answers Apr 16, 2011 at 10:46 PM
    • driving time from bunratty to dingle

Dingle Mar 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM

How long does it take to drive from the Bunratty Village area to Dingle?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    • transport from Killarney to Dingle

Killarney Feb 15, 2011 at 6:30 AM

We will be visiting in May and would like to kwow if there is any transport from Killarney to Dingle besides the daily bus or renting a car(not a good option) We would like to take the bus tour of the Ring of Kerry one day, and then get over to Dingle later on that day if at all possible.
      Any ideas?

2 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    • Trying to find the Dingle gift shop that sells Wooden Sheep with Sheep's Wool

Dingle Dec 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Hello,
      I was in Ireland with my husband in November 2010 and saw the sweetest sheep in a craft/gift shop window. The shop was closing and I didn't want to intrude, so I left not getting one of those adorable little guys!

Since I've been home I could just kick myself for not going ahead and getting one right then. I can't remember the name of the shop. If anyone knows where I can find them or the name of the store would be great...it would be so appreciated!! Hopefully I can order one.

thanks!

2 Answers Dec 19, 2010 at 10:36 AM
    • MyIrishIsUp's Profile Photo

Need to ID a location.

County Kerry Dec 1, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Hi everyone. I'm currently compiling professionally-printed photo albums of my travels. I want to properly ID all of the locations I photographed, but am having trouble with one in particular. It was on the route somewhere between Killorglin and Limerick. I saw some very nice ruins that were surrounded by a little moat or creek. I'd really like to know what they were so I can properly caption my photos.

I will make a photo of it my member picture.

Thanks!

5 Answers Dec 2, 2010 at 12:39 PM
    • Buying Liquor in Killarney

Killarney Aug 23, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I am a fan of Gin and Tonic ( the english drink!). Will there be any problem
      buying the ingredients for the "drink of the invader"?

6 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    • Monastery

Great Skelligs Aug 20, 2010 at 6:26 PM

I would like to know is their on boat tours to island in April. What is the cost? How do we book the boat tour? We want to go on the island and see the monastery.

Joan

3 Answers Aug 21, 2010 at 4:36 AM
    • Parknasilla any good?

County Kerry Jul 22, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Hi folks, has anybody stayed at Parknasilla hotel in Kerry recently? I want to give a relative a very very
      special treat weekend, and just a bit worried that Parknasilla is a bit shabby in these days of NAMA and zombie hotels.

Nal, Dublin

1 Answer Jul 23, 2010 at 2:56 AM
    • House to rent in North Kerry for August 2010

County Kerry Jul 4, 2010 at 5:53 AM

I'm looking to rent a house for the month of August in the Ballybunion/Listowel area. I haven't been able to find anywhere that has such late availability so if anyone knows of a place, please please let me know!

Needs to be 2 bed minimum, allows 2 dogs, ideally near to the beach! :)))

Thanks, Jo

3 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 9:13 AM
    • Ring of Kerry

County Kerry Jun 14, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I have been reading that it is best to leave Killarney to drive the Ring of Kerry before 9:00 AM so as to get ahead of all the tour buses. I would like to stay in Kenmare and my family are not early risers. Would it work to leave Kenmare around 9:00 or 10:00 and be a bit behind than all the buses? Does it take the full day to complete the ring? I know we will be making stops to admire the view and take pictures.
      Thanks!

8 Answers Jun 17, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    • hill churches in kerry

County Kerry Jun 14, 2010 at 11:46 AM

My cousin wants to get married in Kerry at a Catholic church on a hill in the country - any suggestions ?

2 Answers Jun 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM
    • hotel in dingle

Dingle May 14, 2010 at 8:51 PM

hi
      planning trip to dingle for wedding anverisary so i am looking for recomendations for a top class hotel
      thanks

3 Answers May 16, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    • lomi's Profile Photo

Kerry in August

County Kerry Apr 26, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Do you think there is enough in Kerry to entertain us for a month. We are considering doing a home exchange for the whole of August. As well as tourist sites, and walking we are interested in food traditions,local food markets etc. Perhaps even a cookery school for a few days if there is anything like that.

7 Answers Jun 7, 2010 at 6:59 AM
    • Playing Music

County Kerry Apr 13, 2010 at 3:46 AM

I will be visiting Ireland in June, staying in Cromane, and would love the oportunity to join (with guitar) in the playing of traditional music. Are there places that would allow/encourage that kind of participation?

2 Answers Jun 5, 2010 at 11:42 AM