County Dublin

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheapest Day Parking

Dublin Apr 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Any suggestions as to the cheapest parking from 10am- 6pm on a Friday please near to Temple Bar/Trinity College - at the moment the cheapest I can come up with is Hynes Yard at Euros 15 per day

Many thanx

more
    • Suggestions for itinerary please + Shell beach

Dublin Apr 6, 2015 at 1:47 AM

Somewhere I read that there is a beautiful shell beach on the outskirts of Dublin - any ideas please as to where it is

Having done the Dublin attractions I find I have a day before I get the flight back - any suggestions please as to what to see - max drive time 1.30 hours - I will have done Wicklow, Wexford. Into cute villages/towns but not churches/abbeys etc

more
    • Dublin stena port to connoly

Dublin Apr 30, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the best ways to reach connolly station from dublin stena port early in the morning at 5:30/ 6:00 Am and do they accept pound currency?

more
    • What it is absolutely necessary to visit in Dublin?

Dublin Apr 27, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Hello,

I plan to go Dublin next year but first I want to organize my city-trip. For that purpose, I would like having your various opinion on this city. According to you, what is interesting to visit? Which is the most beautiful district ?And last question but not least : Where find we the most typical pubs?

Thanks to all for your help and I look forward to your notices

more
    • Dublin stena port to connoly

Dublin Apr 30, 2015 at 6:18 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know the best ways to reach connolly station from dublin stena port early in the morning at 5:30/ 6:00 Am and do they accept pound currency?

5 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 9:56 AM
    • What it is absolutely necessary to visit in Dublin?

Dublin Apr 27, 2015 at 8:10 AM

Hello,

I plan to go Dublin next year but first I want to organize my city-trip. For that purpose, I would like having your various opinion on this city. According to you, what is interesting to visit? Which is the most beautiful district ?And last question but not least : Where find we the most typical pubs?

Thanks to all for your help and I look forward to your notices

5 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 3:17 PM
    • Cheapest Day Parking

Dublin Apr 7, 2015 at 3:19 PM

Any suggestions as to the cheapest parking from 10am- 6pm on a Friday please near to Temple Bar/Trinity College - at the moment the cheapest I can come up with is Hynes Yard at Euros 15 per day

Many thanx

2 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 4:48 AM
    • Suggestions for itinerary please + Shell beach

Dublin Apr 6, 2015 at 1:47 AM

Somewhere I read that there is a beautiful shell beach on the outskirts of Dublin - any ideas please as to where it is

Having done the Dublin attractions I find I have a day before I get the flight back - any suggestions please as to what to see - max drive time 1.30 hours - I will have done Wicklow, Wexford. Into cute villages/towns but not churches/abbeys etc

2 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 4:10 PM
    • Hertz or Enterprise Drop Off Location close to Powerscourt

Dublin Mar 24, 2015 at 7:20 AM

Hello from Colorado. We will be arriving at Shannon Airport and hope to rent a car there for a few nights in the Dingle Peninsula. We will then drive to the Powerscourt Hotel, Enniskerry. At that point we will need to find a drop off location as close to the hotel as possible. We'd like to avoid driving in Dublin. It looks like Enterprise has a drop off location in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown. We might also consider Hertz. Have tried working with the hotel concierge, who has been helpful, but need some specific information. How long a drive would it be from car drop off to hotel? What would taxi fare be? Best route from Dingle to Powerscourt, spending one night to see the Rock of Cashel? Thanks for your suggestions.

2 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 7:23 AM
    • Hotel prices - where to stay?

Dublin Mar 17, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Hello! I have made let's say a thorough research to find a hotel in Dublin centre. I was really surprised when I discovered that the prices are really HIGH!!! (when compared to other comparable cities in size).

I am wondering where to stay in Dublin Centre and I'd like to get recommandations for a hotel in the range of 70-100 euros per night. I'll be there for 2 (full) days at the end of June and would like to be in the middle of everything in order to save on transportation time. Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 4:34 AM
    • Cost Shipping Tourist purchases from Dublin to USA

Dublin Mar 17, 2015 at 11:57 AM

What is the cost/best procss to ship the items I will probably purchase when visiting Dublin in April? Will be shipping back to Charlotte NC

3 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM
    • Hotel prices - where to stay?

Dublin Mar 17, 2015 at 10:43 AM

Hello! I have made let's say a thorough research to find a hotel in Dublin centre. I was really surprised when I discovered that the prices are really HIGH!!! (when compared to other comparable cities in size).

I am wondering where to stay in Dublin Centre and I'd like to get recommandations for a hotel in the range of 70-100 euros per night. I'll be there for 2 (full) days at the end of June and would like to be in the middle of everything in order to save on transportation time. Thanks for your help.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM
    • hevbell's Profile Photo

restaurant recommendations

Dublin Mar 16, 2015 at 9:11 AM

I'm travelling to Dublin with my parents next week and looking for recommendations for places to eat. I know there are a ton of reviews on here but its a lot to trawl through and many won't suit my dads tastes.

We are arriving probably around 6pm to our accomodation (near Jervis Centre) so will be looking to go out and eat pretty soon after our arrival and it would be good to have some ideas at least for that first night as we won't want to spend ages looking around for somewhere. My dad is quite fussy with food, very much a meat and two veg kind of guy so somewhere that does traditional pub grub or carvery style would be ideal. I have been to O'Neills on a previous visit and enjoyed it but not sure if it is even still there or not.

any recommendations appreciated

5 Answers Mar 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM
    • I am a knitter

Dublin Feb 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM

and wondering if there are knit shops in dublin

2 Answers Feb 20, 2015 at 5:05 PM
    • Dublin and....

Dublin Feb 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM

I will spend 5 days in Ireland at the end of June. It's my first trip to Ireland.
      I intend to stay in Dublin for 2 days and then spend the other 3 days exploring. Considering that I have decided that I won't rent a car, I am wondering what part of Ireland I should visit. Is it possible, considering that I would use trains and buses, to visit Galway, the Cliffs of Moher and around in 3 days? I am hesitating between this area and the Ring of Kerry. I believe I cannot do both even partly, because of time constraints (3 days).

Your help will be very much appreciated.

2 Answers Feb 19, 2015 at 5:15 PM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Where to stay?

Dublin Feb 11, 2015 at 4:17 AM

Young couple (mid 20's) is going to Dublin. In what area should they stay - probably close to nightlife/pubs with good access to public transportation to explore the city and other parts of Ireland?

Any other tips - things to do, great restaurants, the whisky trail - always welcome. :-)

4 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM
    • hevbell's Profile Photo

daytrip to Glendalough

Dublin Feb 10, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Background - I am spending a few days in Dublin during march with my parents for a belated birthday trip for them. I have been to Dublin several times but they have never been. I was thinking of day trips we could do that would let them see something of the Irish countryside and preferably something that I have never done on my previous trips so Glendalough sprang to mind.

Reading other posts it doesn't seem like there is much choice in public transport?? but my concern with an organised tour is booking it and then finding its pouring with rain that day...

How much time would it take on average to see Glendalough? And if taking a tour do they give you time to take it in, take (lots in my case) photos etc or are you just rushed about? Would we be able to turn up for a tour on the day or must they be booked in advance?

Any advice appreciated! thanks

7 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM
    • birthday trip to Dublin

Dublin Feb 4, 2015 at 4:29 AM

Hi, I am organising a trip to Dublin for a friends 30th at the end of February, going Fri to Sun. I have looked into the Guiness tour, the tour bus and a ghost walk but wondered if there was anything else anyone could suggest? My friend has always wanted to go here and want to make it special, a few of the attractions I.e the Irish experience don't run at this time of the year and others are for groups of min 8 and there's only 4 of us.
      Also where is the best nightclub to go to that has mixed music on a Saturday night? We are staying on Upper Gardiner Street.
      Thanks in advance

5 Answers Feb 16, 2015 at 10:43 AM
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

London - Dublin: alternative transportation

Dublin Jan 7, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Hello folks,

Are there recommended types of transportation from London to Dublin (land +cruise)?

Durations?
      Costs?
      Interesting views on the way?

Thanks in advance!
      Avi

8 Answers Mar 28, 2015 at 12:56 AM
    • Mikhail_Shutov's Profile Photo

Where to go at night (particularly interested in Christmas night)

Dublin Dec 9, 2014 at 2:47 AM

We (me and my wife) are going to visit Dublin from 21st of December to 28th of December. We don't know where to go at Christmas Eve and at Christmas. We want to go to some pub os something alike and celebrate with other people to feel the Spirit of Christmas.
      We are not Irish :)

3 Answers Dec 9, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    • Day tours from Dublin

Dublin Oct 7, 2014 at 5:21 AM

HI everyone. I love nature views ang great atmosphire so I think Ireland will be very interesting for a visit. I wanna go next year in June but I want to order flights and hostels in advanced. I don't want to rent a car... I checked and saw this company paddywagon for day tours from dublin... Do you know by any chance if thats the best tour company there? should I book a hostel for 10 days in dublin and go each day for a tour? I first thought to book also a hostel in belfast but I see they're taking a day tour to the giant cosway and belfast too... should I book a hostel in galway for the aran islands? I wasn't sure if they're taking to that place from the day tour.... also someone recommended me to go to the hill of tara and they don't go there... do you know if it's possible to go there from dublin to a day trip by public trasportation? thanks!!

15 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 7:00 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Looking for a good central hotel near good areas, restaurants, pubs but, quiet rooms. 3 star min.

Dublin Sep 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM

We are looking for a good hotel (not B&B) in Dublin close to the good tourist areas, restaurants and pubs though, quiet and quiet rooms with NO room to room noise. It should be a minimum 3 or 4 Star and if you have a specific hotel, please advise. We looked at a recent VT posting for the Camden Court Hotel, 4 star and it looked good, thanks to Beausoleil. All other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks to all VT comments.

5 Answers Apr 24, 2015 at 8:12 AM
    • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

Saturday 11th, October. Any special event?

Dublin Sep 26, 2014 at 2:08 AM

Hello.
      We are searching for an hotel in Dublin for our final leg of our trip to Ireland. I don´t know if it is normal, but many hotels are fully booked that night, and prices are very high...then the day after everything is available and less expensive. Is there any special event that is causing this, or is it normal? Or maybe it is just me and a case of "bad luck in my search?".
      It is not a big problem as we´ll have a hired car, so we can spend that night out of Dublin and arrive the day after, but we would like to know.

Thanks anyway...we are really looking forward the trip!!

8 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 3:01 AM
    • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

Searching for an hotel in my way to the north.

Dublin Sep 11, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Hello all...it is going to be our first time in Ireland.
      We'll land in Dublin, then we´ll pick up our hired car and we would like to drive some kilometres to the north(not many, just to scape from the airport...) Do you have any suggestion for a nice hotel in that direction?
      Next day we plan to stop in Bru No Boinne in our way to Belfast. Any suggestion on the itinerary is very welcomed.

5 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • Aussie73's Profile Photo

Adelaide Square, Dublin 8

Dublin Sep 6, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Is this a nice place/area to stay and is it relatively safe to walk to Temple Bar etc from there?

4 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 8:34 PM
    • tartanboro's Profile Photo

post marathon fun?

Dublin Aug 3, 2014 at 12:56 PM

I'm in the fair city at the end of October for 3 days, looking for some recommendations to see the local side of Dublin (good food, drink, and atmosphere), and also if anyone can recommend where to get a sports massage (after the run, otherwise no dancing!!)

3 Answers Sep 3, 2014 at 3:15 AM
    • Where to stay?

Dublin Jul 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM

Fellow travelers, I'm looking for a good place to stay fairly close to Dublin Airport the night before we leave for home. we are currently booked at one of the on-site hotels at the airport, but feel like that mauy not be the best end to what we hope will be a spectacular 10 day exploring Ireland. If anyone has any good recommendations I would appreciate your feedback!
      Also, when arriving in Dublin where is the best place to convert US dollars to Euros to get the best rate?

Thanks!

steve

5 Answers Jul 30, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • smohary's Profile Photo

2 Days in Dublin

Dublin Jul 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM

My wife and 2 adult children will arrive in Dublin on August 5th. I know there are a lot of "must see" items on the tourist guides, but should we try to hit them or just wander aimlessly about town and seek out the local places to eat and sip a Guiness or two?

5 Answers Jul 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM
    • Don't want to be rude.

Dublin Jul 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I don't want to be a rude visitor. What is considered rude behavior by tourists in Ireland?

12 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • NYC coming to dublin

Dublin May 28, 2014 at 5:44 AM

Me and my friends, we're all females ( early to late 20s) plan on going to Dublin for one day. We we be there all day and night Thursday, Any good spots to go to? To embrace the culture and night life ! ! yes

1 Answer May 28, 2014 at 6:50 AM
    • Dublin to London / TOD / Raileasy

Dublin May 27, 2014 at 10:43 PM

A friend of mine ( not a native English speaker ) is in Dublin at the moment.
      She has bought TOD ( Ticket on departure ) tickets back to London
      But is seems there are no TOD machines in Dublin
      raileasy.co.uk/information/s...

I have told her to go to the station and talk to someone

What is the best coourse of action here ??

thanks

2 Answers May 28, 2014 at 2:04 AM
    • monide4's Profile Photo

about StayCity Church Christ Apartment

Dublin May 21, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Has Anyone on here ever stayed at StayCity Christ Church on High Street in Dublin? Would love to know a little more about it and the surroundings and more important..the grocery stores so I can cook a little to save money.....

2 Answers May 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • monide4's Profile Photo

Confused on what to wear? :-/

Dublin May 21, 2014 at 7:41 AM

I will be in Dublin Ireland June 10th-19th...I have read that yes, it will rain unexpectedly at any given time...and to wear layers...BUT I just am not sure if I should bring sweaters? My favorite Boots? I have my light water proof jacket ready...but still all I have read is layer your clothing..get ready for rain, sun, cloudy, and cool weather.....Normal weather is 62-65 in June but still would just love to know what to actually pack ...it is like I am panicking on bringing the wrong clothing...lol Please if anyone could help calm my packing nerves and just give me some help on what is a must for June clothing in Dublin Ireland would be so very AWESOME!!!!
      Monica

15 Answers May 29, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    • Nearest Dart Station

Croke Park May 11, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Is there a Dart Station near Croke Park?

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 6:13 AM