County Donegal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Donegal trip.

County Donegal Jul 7, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Myself and my 2 friends are going to Donegal in august. Can I get help with good bars and restraunts please.

more
    • Overnight option

Dunfanaghy Jul 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Hello, I am spending a week in this area and was wondering if anyone could suggest a possible overnight from here to Dublin for the return leg of the journey. We will be leaving on a Saturday and arriving in Dublin late Sunday eve so a nice overnight and place of interest would be great. We are a party of 2 adults and 3 young children. Many thanks!

more
    • Donegal trip.

County Donegal Jul 7, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Myself and my 2 friends are going to Donegal in august. Can I get help with good bars and restraunts please.

• Overnight option

Dunfanaghy Jul 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Hello, I am spending a week in this area and was wondering if anyone could suggest a possible overnight from here to Dublin for the return leg of the journey. We will be leaving on a Saturday and arriving in Dublin late Sunday eve so a nice overnight and place of interest would be great. We are a party of 2 adults and 3 young children. Many thanks!

1 Answer Jul 1, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • Travel Time Donegal Loop

County Donegal Apr 5, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Can I come from Derry, see the Donegal Loop with reasonable stop time at the sights and get to Donegal that evening without it being ridiculously late?

1 Answer Apr 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM
    • gweebarra's Profile Photo

bus from Narin Irland to Donegal

Donegal Mar 17, 2014 at 8:17 PM

is there any busses leaving from Narin Ireland to Donegal?

3 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    • Donegal tours

County Donegal Feb 4, 2014 at 10:27 PM

I am staying in Donegal town end of April 2014 and cannot contact Donegal tours. They do not answer Emails and their (outside) ticketing service only starts in June. Also no one answers the phone. They advertise big on the internet that they run tours every day. ? Can anybody help?
      Colin

5 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • I would like to visit Cavanocor House in Lifford Ireland

Lifford Sep 9, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Is this a private home or guest house?

2 Answers Sep 10, 2013 at 3:19 AM

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM

1 Answer Sep 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    • Dublin Airport to Lough Derg

Lough Derg May 4, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I need to get from Dublin Airport to Lough Derg on Friday 31 May 2013. My plane arrives at 9:40am and unless it arrives early as they sometimes do, I won't make the 9:50 Bus To Ballyshannon. Are there any other public transportation options available? Any private tours heading that way? Thank you! If all else fails I'll have to hire a car.

3 Answers May 4, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    • Search

Carndonagh May 15, 2012 at 1:48 PM

My wife and I are coming to the area in September. We are frequent visitors to Ireland, this year we will attempt to find out something about my mother's home and family. We attempted to several years ago and ran into scheduling problems, hopefully this time will be better, time is runnig out. I have the name of an area, Malin Head, home of my grandfather Neal McKeague but not much more. Any suggestions for us.
      Thank you

2 Answers May 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    • Transportation

County Donegal May 6, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Are there public coaches to Tariff from Sligo or Derry?

2 Answers May 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    • alli0279

Donegal Jan 9, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Hi im coming to Donegal in Marh this year and need to find quickest/cheapest way to get there from England north yorks. I can get flights to Dublin and Belfast but struggling to get from there onwards. Also do u know of any ar hire companys at Donegal airport or need by as i woulld also need a car. Last but not least best irish bars to visit for music, food etc?

Would really appreciate ths as never been to Ireland before and cant wait to go.A suprise trip for my boyfriend for his birthday x
      Many thanks

3 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM
    • Study Abroad

Glencolumbkille Oct 7, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I am planning to run a Study Abroad program in Glencolumbkille.Do you have any recommendations?

2 Answers Oct 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    • Giants Causeway

Lettermacaward Jul 27, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I am staying in Lettermacaward in August and would like to know if one can get to back from Giants Causeway in a day. Also can anyone advise me the best route and travel means,i.e transportation to get there.

1 Answer Jul 31, 2011 at 3:07 AM
    • Travell in Letterkenny/Donegal

County Donegal Jun 9, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Hi,i am visiting Letterkenny next week and i would like to visit a village called Ardmore/Muff my Granmother was born their. I hope someone can advise me on bus travel from Letterkenny to this area.Thanks Elaine

3 Answers Jun 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM
    • Ferry Timetable

Tory Island Nov 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Sorry the only web info from the ferry company seems to be in Gaelic.
      Can you please tell me (in English) the timetable for ferrying between Magheroarty and Tory Island in June 2011, in particular Monday 13/6/11.

Is Magheroarty the same place as "Meenlaragh"?

It seems the loop walk on the island is about 4 Km - ie 1 and a half hours.
      what abbreviated versions of a walk can to suggest?

Thank you

John Doherty

(We are Melbourne Australia and (4 of us) will spend the month of June travelling in Ireland 2011 - we look forward to your hospitality and general assistance)

2 Answers Nov 29, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    • 2 days in Co Donegal

County Donegal Jul 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM

hello! :)
      We ll be staying in county Donegal for 2 days, so would like to hear soem of ur ideas where to head to ;) we plan to go mountain climbing also.
      thanks u for ur suggestions, im looking forward to discover donegal!

6 Answers Aug 23, 2011 at 11:39 PM
    • name search

Buncrana Mar 2, 2010 at 1:27 AM

I am trying to trace the name creton or crayton in the area
      also i am looking for any information on the term The Budgin
      cheers
      einniw

1 Answer Mar 10, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    • electronic contact on Tory Island?

Tory Island Feb 6, 2010 at 2:40 PM

is it possible to contact hotels / b&b's on Tory Island by email - i see only phone numbers and would like the convenience of contacting by email

3 Answers Feb 7, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    • don93g's Profile Photo

Vacation rental house

County Donegal Jan 5, 2010 at 6:16 AM

I want to rent a house in Ireland for about a month.I am interested in everything from one bedroom cottage to large unit accomodating 6 to 8.
      Prefer western Ireland.

3 Answers Jan 28, 2010 at 3:40 AM
    • Letterkenny?

County Donegal Nov 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM

We would like to travel around Donegal, playing golf and seeing the sights. Is Letterkenny a good town to do that from? It seems bigger than Donegal Town, but not as big as Derry.

2 Answers Dec 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    • Obilisk of the Four Masters

Donegal Sep 27, 2008 at 9:40 AM

What is wrote on the Obilisk of the Four Masters?

1 Answer Sep 27, 2008 at 12:31 PM
    • Deisel fuel on Tory Island

Tory Island Jul 6, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Do you know if deisel fuel is available for my boat when I arrive at Tory Island, Scotland harbour?

3 Answers Jul 13, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    • Monday nights in Bunbeg

Bunbeg Jun 19, 2008 at 5:43 AM

Does the traditional music night still happen every Monday night at the HudiBeg in Bunbeg? I'm planning a trip to Northern Ireland down to Donegal (again - we loved it last time) in August this year, and have heard about the special weekly event. However this was on an old post, and I want to be sure it still happens please, plus any other recommmendations for Donegal.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2008 at 6:53 AM
    • Car Hire

Letterkenny Jun 9, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Could anyone please give me more info on car hire because I've realized the buses don't run too often, I'm afraid. What is the approximate price? I'm looking for the cheapest versions, so smaller car, for example. What's the daily/weekly rate?

Also, could anyone please give me some more info on Carrigart. How come the bus runs only once a day? I hope I am mistaken. Also, are there any larger supermarkets in this village?

Thank you in advance :)

1 Answer Jun 10, 2008 at 3:43 AM
    • lee.evelyn's Profile Photo

A multicultural Festival Weekend in Ardara Co. Donegal

County Donegal May 24, 2008 at 7:03 AM

I thought this could be of interest to anyone currently on holidays in Ireland or any Irish VT'ers:
      Ardara in County Donegal: 'The Melting Pot' Multicultural Festival Weekend from Fri. the 30th to Monday the 2nd June 2008:
      A celebration of Music, Song, Dance and Food, Incorporating many different ethnic cultures
      Bands that are appearing: Miranda Rosenberg Jazz Band, Kila and Balkan Alien Sound
      www.ardarameltingpot.com

• anniseed's Profile Photo

County Donegal in late September

County Donegal Apr 4, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Can anybody help me.
      I will be in County Donegal from 27/09/2008 to 04/10/2008. I have booked a bungalow in Burtonsport for the week, to use as a base, and will be travelling by car with 3 others, all pensioners and unable to walk very far. Driving is not a problem but walking is, and I am looking for scenic and photographic locations within easy walking distance of the car. Here is my criteria which is very flexible.
      1:- Scenic drives and views.
      2;- Mountain passes and Glens.
      3:- Costal routes with scenery.
      4:- Castles and gardens that can be viewed.
      5:- Travelling times from Belfast Ferry Terminal to Burtonsport and Burtonsport to Giants Causeway.
      6:- Travelling times to different locations suggested.
      7:- Local to Burtonsport Irish music establishments that are open this time of year.
      8:- Weather condions for this time of year and what kind of clothing required, and are the daylight hours.
      9:- Do the ferries to the Islands from Burtonsport run at this time of year, and can I take the car.
      We shall be doing our sightseeing during the daylight hours and relaxing at night in local establishments where we can eat and possibly hear music.
      It will be much appreciated for your replys to my numerous Questions.

9 Answers May 15, 2008 at 2:33 PM
    • iblatt's Profile Photo

Glenveagh National Park, Errigal Mountain etc.

County Donegal Sep 29, 2007 at 7:42 AM

I'll be traveling in Donegal Oct 13-18. The more I read about this region the more it fascinates me! Who can help me with a few questions:

1. Is the Glenveagh National Park open daily in October? One website says so, another website says Thursdays to Saturdays only!

2. Climbing Mt. Errigal: Is the mountain part of the Glenveagh National Park and accessible only when the park is open, or can it be accessed from Gweedore and climbed any time?

3. Where in County Donegal would I find live music in local pubs on weekdays, not just weekends?
      4. My preliminary itinerary looks like this:
      - day 1: Donegal town, St. John's point, Killybegs (sleep there).
      - day 2: Carrick, Slieve League (lookouts, climb); sleep in Glencolumbkille.
      - day 3: Glencolumbkille area, Glenesh pass, Ardara, Dungloe, Gweedore (sleep there).
      - day 4: Errigal mountain, Fanad Head, Letterkenny (sleep there).
      - day 5: Inishowen penninsula: Buncrana, Malin Head, Culdalf, Ininshowen Head. Sleep in Derry.

I would appreciate any comments and suggestions!!!
      Thanks!

Ilan

• iblatt's Profile Photo

Glenveagh National Park, Errigal Mountain etc.

County Donegal Sep 29, 2007 at 7:22 AM

I'll be traveling in Donegal Oct 13-18. The more I read about this region the more it fascinates me! Who can help me with a few questions:

1. Is the Glenveagh National Park open daily in October? One website says so, another website says Thursdays to Saturdays only!
      2. Climbing Mt. Errigal: Is the mountain part of the Glenveagh National Park and accessible only when the park is open, or can it be accessed from Gweedore and climbed any time?
      3. Where would I find live music in local pubs on weekdays, not just weekends?
      4. The preliminary itinerary is:

• iblatt's Profile Photo

Donegal in October???

County Donegal Aug 11, 2007 at 12:57 AM

I am traveling to Ireland in October, which I know is not the ideal month to travel in this country.
      I'd like to do a driving + hiking trip in Donegal. I don't mind colder temperatures, and some rain here and there, but not steady rainfall day in and day out and muddy trails everywhere.

My question is: is it reasonable to do this kind of trip in October, or should I go to the southwest of Ireland instead?

5 Answers Aug 14, 2007 at 5:11 PM