I'll be traveling in Donegal Oct 13-18. The more I read about this region the more it fascinates me! Who can help me with a few questions:
1. Is the Glenveagh National Park open daily in October? One website says so, another website says Thursdays to Saturdays only!
2. Climbing Mt. Errigal: Is the mountain part of the Glenveagh National Park and accessible only when the park is open, or can it be accessed from Gweedore and climbed any time?
3. Where in County Donegal would I find live music in local pubs on weekdays, not just weekends?
4. My preliminary itinerary looks like this:
- day 1: Donegal town, St. John's point, Killybegs (sleep there).
- day 2: Carrick, Slieve League (lookouts, climb); sleep in Glencolumbkille.
- day 3: Glencolumbkille area, Glenesh pass, Ardara, Dungloe, Gweedore (sleep there).
- day 4: Errigal mountain, Fanad Head, Letterkenny (sleep there).
- day 5: Inishowen penninsula: Buncrana, Malin Head, Culdalf, Ininshowen Head. Sleep in Derry.
I would appreciate any comments and suggestions!!!