County Clare

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 24 Hours in Doolin

Doolin Mar 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hey we are heading to Doolin this weekend and it's becoming increasingly difficult to plan some fun things for us 6 ladies on a mini hen day/night. We had the ted tour arranged but yesterday this was cancelled on us - so kinda at a loose end?
      Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

more
    • Travel to Dublin

County Clare Mar 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I'm visiting Ireland for the first time with some friends. Our base will be in Ennis. I'd like to see Dublin for a day or two and was wondering what the most economical way to travel would be.

more
    • 24 Hours in Doolin

Doolin Mar 24, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hey we are heading to Doolin this weekend and it's becoming increasingly difficult to plan some fun things for us 6 ladies on a mini hen day/night. We had the ted tour arranged but yesterday this was cancelled on us - so kinda at a loose end?
      Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

1 Answer Mar 24, 2014 at 10:11 AM
    • Travel to Dublin

County Clare Mar 19, 2014 at 1:09 PM

I'm visiting Ireland for the first time with some friends. Our base will be in Ennis. I'd like to see Dublin for a day or two and was wondering what the most economical way to travel would be.

6 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • londonlover's Profile Photo

Traditional pub songs

Doolin Mar 16, 2014 at 2:25 PM

First trip to Ireland coming up in June, and I'm a violinist with a soft spot for Celtic music. Planning to spend a night in Doolin listening to pub music. My question is this--what are some of the most common songs played in this setting? If I were able to convince someone to let me join in, I'd like to learn a few of them in advance! :) Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 2:31 AM
    • Names of good bus tours companies out of Ennis

Ennis Mar 14, 2014 at 6:36 AM

Please share your personal experience with bus tour companies for day trips out of Ennis.
      We are two retired couples who would like to see 1) Dingle/Slea Drive,2) the Cliffs of Moher/The Burren and 3) Connemara and Cong. We will have 4 days and have a hotel in Ennis booked for 2 nights and 1 in Dingle town for 1 night. We've left the other night open so far. We will then spend two days in Dublin. Please share your personal experiences with us. Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    • Customs Check

Shannon Mar 6, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Shannon airport is my final destination but I have to stop first at Heathrow to change planes on this last leg of my flight. I want to know if I will be going through Customs at Heathrow OR at Shannon Airport (or would it be both??).
      My flight originates in the US. Thank you so much!

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 8:44 AM
    • Where to eat Breakfast near Shannon Airport?

Shannon Jul 21, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Where is the best place to eat breakfast near Shannon airport for a large group?

1 Answer Jul 21, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • Dublin to Doonbeg

Doonbeg Jun 30, 2013 at 11:54 AM

As we may not hire a car afterall, is there public transport,i.e. train and bus to doonbeg, or even flight and bus

3 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    • Suggestion on getting from Ennis to Inisfallen Island for a day trip

Ennis Jun 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Hello,
      Will be visiting Ireland for the first time in coming year and will be spending almost 2 days in Ennis. While researching things to do came across some info on Inisfallen Island which looked interesting and wanted to ask your suggestions on best way to secure travel to the island as a day trip.

7 Answers Jun 25, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    • livlumia's Profile Photo

Bus from Dublin to Doolin

Doolin Mar 28, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Hi :)
      How do I get to Doolin By bus? As far as I understand, bus EIREANN departs from dublin to doolin three times a day, which means that if I arrive in dublin at 10 a.m., I am first in doolin at 8: 00 pm... Is there any other more flexible buslinie?

5 Answers Mar 29, 2013 at 5:03 AM
    • getting around

Shannon Mar 20, 2013 at 4:30 AM

My sister and I are going to Ireland in June. We are both in our 60's and afraid to drive. We want to basically do our own thing so dont want to go on a big bus tour. Any suggestions on getting around? thanks

3 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • Dogs allowed

Ennis Mar 15, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Do any of the bars in Ennis allow dogs inside?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    • travel in doolin

Doolin Sep 28, 2012 at 11:49 PM

hi,
      i'm a french girl and i'm looking for a one-week-trip with my best friend... the only thing is, i'm 15 and she's 16 so we just wanted to know if we can enter in a pub... the other thing is, i'm looking for a cute village tippical of ireland, and i'm affraid that there's too much tourists in doolin...

4 Answers Oct 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    • Birthday in Doolin

Doolin Feb 23, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Spending a few days, of the 10 I have in the area, in Doolin this coming Spring, and I'm wondering which pub would be most fun to celebrate my birthday (June 2) at. Hoping for a place that offers good food, good music and a lively crowd. I'm a Canuck (Canadian) and this will be my first time in beautiful Ireland. I have been told that either McGann's or McDermott's would be good bets. Anyone have any opinions on either?

4 Answers Mar 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM
    • heritage farm???

Shannon Sep 5, 2011 at 7:27 AM

Hi,

I took my dad to Ireland 8 years ago and we visited some sort of heritage farm or community. thatch roofed homes, some could be toured and I remember it had a tiny little bog pony and the history of bog ponies.....I have lost the infofor the location...Help

thanks

5 Answers Sep 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    • Ballyvaughn Church

Ballyvaughan Aug 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Hello, Last year my son and I vivited Ballyvaughn.My son took the Burren hike. We also visited your beautiful church.Would you please tell me what the circle of stones means?It is 10 stones in a circle with people raising their hands towards heaven.Also inside was a beautiful poem.It started out,You have come into this house where God lives.Did William Yates write this? My family is from around this area.It is my dearest wish that I can return to your beautiful country. I thank you ever so much.Vicki Sharon Boland Peters

3 Answers May 31, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    • annking's Profile Photo

public transport

Doonbeg Aug 11, 2011 at 6:52 AM

HiI am flying into Shannon airport was wondering if there is any public transport into Doonbeg village if not anyone know number and price of a taxi please.

2 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 12:51 AM
    • annking's Profile Photo

public transport

Shannon Aug 11, 2011 at 6:20 AM

Hi I am flying into Shannon airport was wondering if there is any public transport available to get me to Doonbeg village if not anyone know a price and number for a taxi please.

5 Answers Aug 13, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    • Overnight stay

Shannon Jul 24, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Trying to book a one night stay and perhaps dinner at the castle the night of Aug. 30, 2011 for 3 adults. Please reply.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM
    • Travel from Shannon to Waterford

Shannon Jun 22, 2011 at 5:40 PM

What is the best way to travel from Shannon to Waterford? I would rather not drive myself.

1 Answer Jun 22, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    • Best time for Doolin?

Doolin Oct 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM

I'm a 21 year-old male looking at staying in Doolin for a week or so next year, most likely at the Allie River Hostel. Can anyone tell me what time of the year is the best time to visit this village? (Weather/prices/less tourists). Any other advice on this village would be appreciated.

11 Answers Jul 18, 2011 at 3:45 AM
    • car in inishmore

Doolin Jul 15, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Hi everyone

Can you tell me more about the transportation..
      I would like to take my car from Doolin to Inishmore but i dont know the fare
      and the timetable.
      Please help me as i am planning to make this trip very soon
      Many thanks
      Aisha

3 Answers Jul 15, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    • Trip to Spanish Point from Dublin

Spanish Point Jun 25, 2010 at 7:38 AM

We are going to a wedding at Spanish Point this summer but planning on flying in to dublin to visit friends first the day before. Is it possible to get a bus/coach from Dublin to somewhere near Spanish Point?

Thanks. Lisa

2 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 5:01 AM
    • Cost for Bunratty Castle

Shannon Jun 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Tour costs? Banquet Costs? Can I book on line? Checked website, but don't see it. thank you.

2 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    • Can we pick up a car in Doolin?

Doolin Mar 30, 2010 at 1:34 AM

We'll be on Inis Meain in April, and would like to go from there to Doolin for a Saturday night stay. Can we arrange to pick up a rental car there? Saturday night or Sunday? We'd be returning it to Dublin Tuesday. Major rental companies' online forms all seem to off only airport rentals.

Thanks...

• Gus O'Connor's Pub

Doolin Oct 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM

We will be in Doolin on the 20th of November. Will there be music at Gus O'Connor's on that date.

1 Answer Oct 30, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    • vikingrider's Profile Photo

Staying in Doolin, no car, how difficult to get around?

Doolin Sep 3, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I'd like to stay a few days in Doolin and take some boat tours and bus tours. What can anyone recommend as a good central locations/hotel where I can easily walk to the pier, etc? I don't mind walking several km. I don't want to waste money on taxis. I'd love to stay at the Ballinalacken Castle Hotel but can't get an idea on how far it is from the pier, restaurants, etc. Thanx

1 Answer Sep 3, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    • Gigir21's Profile Photo

Getting from Miltown to Dublin

County Clare Jun 23, 2009 at 2:45 AM

Hi,
      I am getting hopelessly lost in all timetables, trying to find a way to get back to Dublin after Willie Clancy week. I have to be at Dublin airport around 10 Sunday morning. Can anyone help with advice/tip/ride? Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM
    • oslonewcomer's Profile Photo

hotel in ennis, driving to miltown malbay

County Clare Jun 21, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Hello- Because I waited too long to book, the best I could do to see some of Willie Clancy Week was to book a hotel in Ennis. We'll have a car; how awful will it be to be based that far away? What about coming back in evenings -- how late does it stay light? Are the roads particularly bad? Many thanks! We grow more excited each day.

6 Answers Jun 23, 2009 at 2:42 AM
    • carpfanatic's Profile Photo

Public Transport

Shannon Jun 9, 2009 at 10:58 AM

hi

anyone know if there is any public transport between shannon airport, if so cost and what time of day they run till.

best regards

1 Answer Jun 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM
    • zweiblumen's Profile Photo

Aran Islands ferries

Doolin Jun 7, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I'm off to County Clare in august and spending several days in Doolin, I know there are two or three ferry companies serving the Aran Islands but I am unsure as to how far in advance I'd need to book a ferry for a day trip to any of the islands. Is it possible to just turn up on the day or is advance booking required?

3 Answers Jun 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM