Travel Answers
County Cavan

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

DWAN Brew Pub, does it still exist or changed names?

Thurles Nov 28, 2015 at 2:42 PM

Does the DWAN Brew Pub does it still exist or has it changed its name and what is the street address? It was in the heart of Thurles when we visited some years ago. Excellent beer, location and ambiance and we want to visit again on our next visit to Ireland. Thanks, Chuck

• How to divide time between Killarney and Doolin

County Kerry Nov 10, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Coming with family group of 5 the end of next May coming and going from Dublin with 8 nights in Ireland. Have learned of the Killarney Bikefest happening June 3rd-6th (know about the June 1st holiday also), so am thinking we should go immediately to Killarney or wherever we decide to stay in the area on the day we arrive (May 28th at 10:00am from direct 8 hour flight). Here are my questions:

1) Are there one way train tickets going to Killarney from Dublin? (I know I can't catch the train directly at airport).
      2) Are the autos large enough for 5 adults plus luggage quite hard to find for rental? My search seems to have found them for rent from Killarney but not Dublin, which is puzzling.
      3) How long will it take to drive from the Dublin airport to Killarney on a Saturday? Is that manageable after a long flight? (FYI we are in our mid-50's, so not used to all nighters anymore, but hope to sleep on the plane).
      4). Is it better to stay in Killarney to see Ring of Kerry and Killarney Nat'l Park or stay in Kenmare or further around the ring? And how much would that add to the drive from Dublin? Note we have three 20-something "kids" with us so we want to have a mix of Irish immersion and some fun for them as well on the trip. It is actually a graduation present for two of them, but they love the nature, history, and exploring culture.
      5) We have been intrigued by the idea of staying in a castle and it looks like Ballyseede might be not far off the track between the ROK area and Doolin/Corofin. Do you consider this a worthwhile side trip?
      6) Assuming we have 6 nights to spend outside of Dublin, how would you advise dividing the time between the area around Killarney NP (we love nature and plan to hike) and the area near Doolin or Corofin to give us time to do the Doolin Cliff walk, tour some of the antiquities and nature in the Burren? This include thoughts about that castle stay I mentioned as one night in the middle.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions please?

Thanks so much!

• Shannon2015's Profile Photo

Travelling around

Shannon Nov 20, 2015 at 7:45 AM

Hi I am planning to visit Shannon tomorrow and I was wondering how easy is it to travel around without a car. Especially to the Cliffs of Moher?

Popular County Cavan Travel Answer Locations