Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ecuador in May?

Quito Sep 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM

I am planning a trip to Ecuador for May 2016. As of now, we (active retired couple) plan Quito, 5 day Amazon tour, travel south to Cuenca, fly back to Quito. Is May before the tourist season? I am looking for options for travel between Quito and Cuenta. The Tren Crucero tours are not within our budget. Are there other rail options or are car rentals and driving a possibility?

• Clothes for Ecuador

Ecuador Sep 8, 2015 at 1:15 PM

We r traveling to Ecuador from 12 th sept to 27 th sept. We r visiting Quito, hakuna matata lodge near Archidona and the Galápagos islands. Can u advice on the kind of clothes to take?

• advice for researching travel/accomodation to Ecuador

Quito Sep 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM

We are just starting research into planning a 3 wk trip to Ecuador (either Quito, Cuena or both- not sure yet) I'd like a modestly priced apartment, so any advice on the best website to search apartments or suites would be appreciated. Also we'll be flying from either Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA - any tips on booking flights? Dates we are looking at are late December for 3 weeks. I am not even sure of the weather there at that time ;) Any referral for starting this research would be great!

Thanks, Lisa

• darylann's Profile Photo

Leather shopping (for a good travel dufflebag)!

by darylann Online Now Aug 30, 2005 at 5:54 AM

I plan to travel light on my first trip to Ecuador (carry-on only), but am hoping to find a nice duffle bag in Cotacachi's leather shops (to haul home all my souveniers from Cotacachi and Otavalo!). I read all about the great leather items there, and wonder what experience others have had.

1 Answer Jan 28, 2008 at 4:51 PM