Travel Answers
Costa Rica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • sbergen's Profile Photo

Bus Travel Across CR in early March, 2015

Costa Rica Nov 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM

My wife and I are getting off a cruise ship in Limon on the East coast at about 7:00 am and want to take a bus to Tamarindo, on the West coast, so hopefully a daylight trip across CR. What bus service is available and how reliable and comfortable is it? BTW, we are both seniors and I am 6'4". We travel light, just with carry-ons. Any advice is appreciated.

more
    • Transportation from Juan Santanaria International to Lafortuna

San José Dec 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I wondering what is the best way to go La Fortuna from the airport. My flight arrived at 3:45pm.

Marina

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

what type of money is used

Costa Rica Dec 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

what form of currency is accepted in costa rica

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Nov 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hola!
      Ok, we are about to leave for San Jose, then Quepos, with a couple day stop in Cartago for work first. I am braving it by renting a car out of the airport. Two questions please:
      1. For some reason I am kinda nervous about driving in and around San Jose. I speak a bit of Spanish and normally I am an excellent driver (live in LA and have driven in many places). Are there any different rules or customs that will get me in trouble? Should I take this more seriously than just going for it?

2. My first leg will be driving from the main airport and then down towards Cartago. I see what looks easy in taking Highway 1 to Highway 39 to Highway 2. But I am looking at Google earth and see they have many alternate names. My question is if they post the highway names very well, or should I write down and look for every one of these Calles y Avenidas?

Should I just take a taxi! Or should I just not worry, It mostly makes sense????

Thanks ahead for any advise.
      Rich.

more
    • orokooyaro's Profile Photo

Costa Rica

Costa Rica Dec 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Anyone been to Costa Rica lately? Tips on road travel please.

more
    • orokooyaro's Profile Photo

Costa Rica

Costa Rica Dec 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Anyone been to Costa Rica lately? Tips on road travel please.

7 Answers Yesterday
    • Transportation from Juan Santanaria International to Lafortuna

San José Dec 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I wondering what is the best way to go La Fortuna from the airport. My flight arrived at 3:45pm.

Marina

5 Answers Dec 16, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Thanks, Brian

1 Answer Dec 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Thanks, Brian

1 Answer Dec 14, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

what type of money is used

Costa Rica Dec 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

what form of currency is accepted in costa rica

6 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Nov 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hola!
      Ok, we are about to leave for San Jose, then Quepos, with a couple day stop in Cartago for work first. I am braving it by renting a car out of the airport. Two questions please:
      1. For some reason I am kinda nervous about driving in and around San Jose. I speak a bit of Spanish and normally I am an excellent driver (live in LA and have driven in many places). Are there any different rules or customs that will get me in trouble? Should I take this more seriously than just going for it?

2. My first leg will be driving from the main airport and then down towards Cartago. I see what looks easy in taking Highway 1 to Highway 39 to Highway 2. But I am looking at Google earth and see they have many alternate names. My question is if they post the highway names very well, or should I write down and look for every one of these Calles y Avenidas?

Should I just take a taxi! Or should I just not worry, It mostly makes sense????

Thanks ahead for any advise.
      Rich.

6 Answers Nov 29, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    • sbergen's Profile Photo

Bus Travel Across CR in early March, 2015

Costa Rica Nov 22, 2014 at 3:12 PM

My wife and I are getting off a cruise ship in Limon on the East coast at about 7:00 am and want to take a bus to Tamarindo, on the West coast, so hopefully a daylight trip across CR. What bus service is available and how reliable and comfortable is it? BTW, we are both seniors and I am 6'4". We travel light, just with carry-ons. Any advice is appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 22, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    • garthibiza's Profile Photo

Weather in Monteverdi mid November ?

Monteverde Nov 12, 2014 at 11:57 AM

We will travel here mid November, can we expect much rain, or will it be mostly dry ?
      Thanks

5 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • Want to share transport from Santa Teresa to Liberia November 12th?

Costa Rica Nov 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Hi! I'm in Santa Teresa and need to catch a flight out of Liberia on Wednesday November 12th. I'd like to use a shuttle company so I have more time here and less time traveling but I need at least one other person to book with me. We'd leave at 8am and arrive in Libera around 12pm. The cost is $55. Let me know if you're interested! Thanks!

• Tour Companies

Costa Rica Oct 31, 2014 at 7:04 PM

I am traveling to costa rica in sept 2015 and am looking for good reliable and affordable tour and transportation companies. I will be staying 3 night in arenal 2 nights in monteverde and 5 nights in guanacaste. we like adventure and active type tours, but are open to any that are really good.

5 Answers Nov 2, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    • save turtle in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Oct 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM

i came across a project called SAVE A TURTLE IN COSTA RICA.are there similar projects in other parts of world?if so please let me know where they are?i would like to be volunteer there

2 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 12:12 PM
    • livinmydreams's Profile Photo

Desperately seeking help :) before I go blind from staring at the computer screen

Costa Rica Sep 30, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I have been to Costa Rica once on a yoga adventure tour and then spent a week in Puerto Viejo. My girlfriend and I are going in January and each time I decide what one or two towns we will go to I 2nd guess and have spent hours upon hours doing research. I would like to find a beach/jungle town that has a good fun vibe and is centrally located for day activities and or tours. Here is what we like to do:

A little beach time, hike, view wildlife-especially monkeys (can't wait for her to be woken up by her 1st howler monkey), kayak, zip line and sport fishing. We also want a town that has some sort of night life. I am 40 going on 30 and she is 33, we are a gay couple. PLEASE SUGGEST A TOWN AND TELL ME WHY YOU SUGGEST IT. After I get the town figured out for sure I will pick your mind on a great place to stay. Thank you in advance!

5 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    • Winter Vacation

Costa Rica Sep 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I will be going to Costa Rica during the first week of January and am starting to look into an itinerary. Does anyone have any advice on cities to go, adventures to partake on, and great places to stay?

7 Answers Nov 3, 2014 at 2:06 AM
    • livinmydreams's Profile Photo

Great place to stay???

Costa Rica Sep 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM

My girlfriend and I will be going to Tamarindo in January and want suggestions on a great place to stay. Looking to spend between $60-$120 a night. I would like for the place to have the following: close to the beach, a pool, have a good feel and or great owners. I like for the place to have an eatery/bar for breakfast and cocktails later in the day. Please send me any suggestions you have!

1 Answer Sep 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM
    • kc4ness's Profile Photo

Liberia to Panama

Costa Rica Sep 29, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Best and least costly method of traveling from Tamarindo to the Panama City, Panama area. Not interested in a long bus ride. Are there any local airlines that I could use?

4 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 4:36 PM
    • Shuttles between cities in Costa Rica?

Costa Rica Sep 26, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Taking our first trip to Costa Rica. We want to fly into San Jose and then visit Arenal, Monteverde Cloud Forest, and the beaches around Tamarindo, and probably fly back to the States from Liberia. Is there a shuttle service vendor available between these cities/areas? We do not want to rent a car. We started planning a trip thru tripmasters.com but aside from the transportation piece would prefer to make our own reservations. thanks.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Organizing a club trip

Costa Rica Sep 16, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Hey everyone,
      I am organizing our club trip for Mountain Lion Adventures to Costa Rica and just wanted to ask of anyone has been or knows of adventurous activities to do. We will be in the areas of San Jose, Monteverdi, Arena, and Manuel Antonio.

Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 17, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Travel Partner

Costa Rica Sep 12, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I am looking for someone who speaks Spanish well enough to get by, who will be staying in the Tamarindo area and who would be interested in traveling with me from Tamarindo to Panama and back. I will be there in January and half of February 2015 and would like to make a side trip to Panama in that time period.
      Thanks,
      Ken

1 Answer Sep 12, 2014 at 10:22 AM
    • Yonidierck124's Profile Photo

visum for costa rica

Costa Rica Sep 10, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Is it possible to stay more then 3 months( 8 months i wont) in costa rica if I go every 90 days over the boarder to nicaraqua for extend mine visum for an other 3 months?

thank you.

8 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    • Costa Rica for a week. Help with itinerary

Costa Rica Sep 10, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Hi; Thank you in advance for any tips and advice. My 23 yr old daughter and I will spend a week in CR Nov 22-30 arriving in SJO at 9:50 am. My idea is to rent a car and drive directly to Arenal/La Fortuna. My schedule so far is as follows: Sat-SJO-Arenal. Sun -Arenal Mon-  Morning in Arenal. Afternoon drive to Monteverde Tue - Monteverde
      Wed - Morning in Monteverde. Afternoon drive to Manuel Antonio
      Thu - MA
      Fri - MA
      Sat- Manuel Antonio - SJ.  Just for the night to catch the plane back at 6:00 am on Sun

I've heard Poas is also a great place to visit so I don't know if I should stop by on the way to Arenal.
      On the other hand, I don't know if I'm doing too much for such a short visit.  Do you think this sounds reasonable or should I just stick to Arenal and Manuel Antonio?  We definitely want to go to a rainforest and the beach.  Thank you.  Really looking forward to our visit.

2 Answers Sep 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM
    • Accomedation.

Costa Rica Aug 25, 2014 at 5:34 AM

Hello all,

We, Henriet Richard and Julius 6 years old from The Netherlands are planning our holliday 2015.
      Costa Rica is also on our wichlist but we heve heared thet Costa Rica is quite expensive.
      We are looking for cheap accomedation all over Costa Rica. we want to do a round trip 28 days.
      A little hut, stay with a family, even a hammock ect ect no problem as long as it is hygienic/clean and safe.
      Tips are more than welcome.

Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Ojochal? Thoughts on this area?

Costa Rica Aug 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Hi. I am planning on a possible vacation to CR. I am a seasoned traveler, but have never been to CR. Thinandking about going around early July. I know it is the green season, but do not mind some rain. I heard it is actually prettier during the green season because dry season foliage and flowers are not as beautiful and can be a bit dusty from the dirt roads. I do understand that Oct/Nov are extremely wet though. My question is, can you give me information on the town of Ojochar? Have not seen much on this particular small town. I know it is in the area of Osa peninsula. Is this a nice area? Want to be near a nice beach, see the whales, monkeys, birds, sloths, water falls. One thing though, I am claustrophobic and as I get older I guess the worst it gets. Found that out last spring hiking in the Shenandoah Valley, major panic attack. So, any tours to see such things that do not make you go to deep into the jungle, maybe wider trails? Probably would do OK on horse back with the trails. Horses have a way of calming me and I have never had a problem riding trails. I have heard there are some nice restaurants in the area, Citrus, Exotica. Like to be in an area with a local feel, not touristy. I have looked at places in the area, and think I have my mind set on this rental. One reason why I was drawn to this area. A very beautiful place at a good price. Here is a link. Please let me know if you have ever heard of it. Found it through Home Away which I use a lot. Thanks in advance.

homeaway.com/vacation-rental...

Bus Transportation

Costa Rica Aug 15, 2014 at 9:12 AM

I will be staying in Tamarindo for 46 days in January and February of 2015 and would like to know the most economical way to get to Panama City for a few days. Specifically round trip by bus. And how long such a journey would take.

2 Answers Aug 20, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • nyceagle1633's Profile Photo

What to do near and around Liberia

Costa Rica Aug 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM

October...staying 10 days, want to go relax at natural hot springs, beach, eco things...what to do, please recommend town, beach...cute quiet hotels...need to relax.

8 Answers Sep 2, 2014 at 12:35 PM

Snorkling and jungle walks/tours

Costa Rica Aug 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Hi, Never been to Costa Rica, but I have a work trip in early December in San Jose, so I need to take advantage and make it fun while I am there. I will take 3-5 days and would love to be able to find a great snorkeling/diving area, that is also adjacent to jungle exploration of some sort. So my question to the experts is if such an area exists? I will rent a car out of San Jose, and I guess I can get to either coast. Jaco was recommended to me for the easiest place to get to, can I get beach and jungle here? And other suggestions for a good area for this?
      Thanks!
      Rich.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM
    • Places to visit

Costa Rica Aug 2, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I'll be in Costa Rica for Thanksgiving week with my adult children. I'm more of a nature kind of person. I'll have a rental car to drive around. Flying into Liberia from the U.S. is much more expensive than San Jose but for some reason, that seems to be a better choice. What do you suggest we go visit? I've looked into Arenal and Guanaste. Thank you

5 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 5:25 PM
    • Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Aug 1, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I'm planning to spend Thanksgiving week with my two adult children visiting Arenal and Guanacaste arriving in Liberia. How easy/safe is it to rent a car, how are the road conditions and directions?

3 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 3:18 PM
    • godsonlyson

Cartago Jul 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM

I am planning a trip to cartago soon to visit a girl I met on the internet and I would like to plan a somewhat romantic couple of days.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2014 at 8:57 PM
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

Suggestions for fishing

Costa Rica Jul 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Will be in Samara July 15-18. My daughter would love to go fishing. can anyone recommend anyone good for this service?
      Thank you!!

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    • MiriamT's Profile Photo

Shuttle from San Jose airport to Monteverde

Costa Rica Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM

There are so many choices for shuttles from San Jose to Monteverde does anyone have a recommendation on a specific one they have used?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM