Costa Rica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• rain in Sept/Oct

Cartago Aug 26, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I see Sept/Oct is rainy months. Have you been there during those months?

more
    • Sudsfi's Profile Photo

Hi From Canada

Tamarindo Aug 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM

We are staying at a condo here for the month of March.
      Are there any necessities we should bring with us that are not available there?
      Do we need any special power connections for phone/iPad etc.
      Any special activities we should look at other than beach and pool activities that require the consumption of a cold beer, red wine or a rum and coke?

Thank you in advance

more
    • Sudsfi's Profile Photo

Hi from Canada

Tamarindo Aug 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM

First post, so I am not sure I am asking in right section of forum

We are travelling to Tamarindo for the month of March.
      Looking for information on what necessities we need to take that are unavailable or costly there?
      People who have been there and their experiences?

Thank you

more
    • rain in Sept/Oct

Cartago Aug 26, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I see Sept/Oct is rainy months. Have you been there during those months?

2 Answers Aug 26, 2015 at 2:24 PM
    • Sudsfi's Profile Photo

Hi From Canada

Tamarindo Aug 14, 2015 at 11:57 AM

We are staying at a condo here for the month of March.
      Are there any necessities we should bring with us that are not available there?
      Do we need any special power connections for phone/iPad etc.
      Any special activities we should look at other than beach and pool activities that require the consumption of a cold beer, red wine or a rum and coke?

Thank you in advance

6 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 10:23 AM
    • Sudsfi's Profile Photo

Hi from Canada

Tamarindo Aug 14, 2015 at 9:58 AM

First post, so I am not sure I am asking in right section of forum

We are travelling to Tamarindo for the month of March.
      Looking for information on what necessities we need to take that are unavailable or costly there?
      People who have been there and their experiences?

Thank you

11 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Retiring to Monteverde...

Monteverde Jul 30, 2015 at 1:58 PM

How is the real estate in Monteverde? I have searched online and have not found a lot of real estate properties there? Where can I find out more information on that?

3 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 5:47 AM
    • Roadtrip Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jul 27, 2015 at 3:48 PM

Hello,
      I am planning on a 10 day camping road trip through Costa Rica in August. Hoping to visit both Coasts and also hike up Chirripo.
      What are some can't-miss destinations I need to be aware of? How safe is it to drive at night? Where can I find a list or a website with campsite information? Or how safe is it to just free-camp/wild-camp?
      Thanks for any advice,
      Sibu

3 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    • 4x4 Campers in Costa Rica?

Costa Rica Jul 27, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Hello, im planning on going to Costa Rica soon and would like to find a company that rents camping gear and 4x4's. I've done several trips like this in South Africa and Australia with rooftop tents and lots of equipment but can't find the usually companies in Costa Rica. Does anyone know of anything similar to this?
      Thanks,
      Sibu

3 Answers Jul 27, 2015 at 3:32 PM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

9 Days Travel Intinerary suggestions?

Costa Rica Jun 16, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Hello my friends, my family is planning on coming to Costa Rica for 9 days at the end of July. It has been 15 years since I've been there. So, due to cost we were planning on flying into San Jose. We are taking our 10 year old daughter. Any itinerary suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

In no particular order:

1. Arrive at 11 AM in San Jose

We would like to visit - spend two (2) nites in Arenal/La Fortuna, 3 nights in Quepos, which leaves us 4 nights that we have no idea where to go?

I acknowledge that I am rambling, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

3 Answers Jun 17, 2015 at 11:33 PM
    • Drayman151's Profile Photo

Advice on visiting

Costa Rica May 19, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Is it safe visiting Costa Rica also is it safe to go out in the evening thanks.

6 Answers May 28, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    • Hurricane season

Costa Rica May 16, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Was it wrong of me to book a trip to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica in June? During the hurricane season?

4 Answers May 21, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    • Transportation

Costa Rica May 6, 2015 at 4:41 PM

Can someone suggest on how to get from San Jose Costa Rica airport to Puert Viejo. My flight lands at 7pm in the evening. I know that their shuttle runs only ones at 8 am and to rent a car costs $200 which is a lot. Any other suggestions?
      Thanks!

5 Answers May 7, 2015 at 10:24 PM
    • visit tortuguero in May

Costa Rica Apr 10, 2015 at 10:00 AM

hey is it recommended to visit tortuguero between 26.5.15 - 3.6.15?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 4:06 PM
    • Should I go back to see someone I knew for only a week?

Costa Rica Apr 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Hi all,

I've been struggling a little (mostly due to family concerns) with a travel decision..

I recently took a trip to Guanacaste, Costa Rica and stayed at a resort where I met a lot of awesome people. One of the people I met was an entertainer and professional dancer that works at the resort and we hit it off instantly. Throughout my stay, we had a lot of time to talk and interact and really liked each other.

Ever since I arrived back in the US, Maine to be exact, we've been in touch daily via messenger and video calls and have grown to like one another even more.. I have a break between school (finishing a degree at 38 years old) and work and decided to book a flight to go down and see him for a week. The other reasons I want to go is to work on my Spanish and to see more of Costa Rica, because I stayed mostly at the resort.

I consider myself a good judge of character and he seems to be a genuinely good person who I feel I can trust. My family feels otherwise.. They think that it is unsafe to go down by myself and to see someone I've known for such a short time. Like I said, I am 38 and also a pretty independent and street smart gal.

Can anyone give me some advice about this? Am I jumping the gun or being naive? I'm aware the belief that some people want to marry US citizens to get into the country to work.. I'm also very confident in my ability to see if that were the primary motive.. I've even rebutted that comment with, what if I wanted to marry into Costa Rica!?

Anyway, I just really loved it there and New England winters/springs are cold and gray and I really do like this person.

What do you guys think? Ps. I'm well-traveled within the US, but this was my first time outside, with the exception of Canada.

Thank you!

6 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 3:09 AM
    • theyogamama's Profile Photo

MONTEVERDE activies

Monteverde Apr 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM

We will be in the Monteverde area for 2.5 days in May and want to do these activities: zip line/canopy tour, see the cloud forest and walk the hanging bridges. Can that all be done at Selvatora Park or should we do each thing independently at different locations? I don't mind going to three different places to have the best experience. So.... which is the best canopy tour? Which are the best hanging bridges (I am assuming there is more than one place in the area to do this). Is there something else that we should do in this area (no frog or snake tours)? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 15, 2015 at 11:59 AM
    • Where to book accomodation on our travels?

Costa Rica Apr 3, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hello i need to know the best sites for booking accommodation.

6 Answers May 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM
    • June visit

Costa Rica Mar 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hi I was planning a mid June visit to CR but am concerned about how rainy the period will be ( I know it's the green season). But is it a light afternoon shower daily or steady rain most of the day. ?It's a long way to go with kids for a rainy vacation. We are looking at Santa Teresa area. Thanks

3 Answers May 11, 2015 at 1:09 PM
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Transport from San Jose airport to northwest

Costa Rica Mar 21, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Hi - I arrive in San Jose, and will have my first night in Coco (on the North West coast). What's the best way to get there? Are there busses, or some kind of a driver-transport that is more or less affordable and reliable?
      Thanks!
      Koen

4 Answers May 28, 2015 at 9:03 AM
    • best location with kids

Costa Rica Mar 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM

hi, planning a trip for february with two kids aged 8 and 9 and wonder which area to stay in ? Plan to probably fly into san jose due to cost and ease from nyc and wonder where to go from there..we like activities during the day and some nightlife, must have a variety of restaurants and bars and a walkable little town
      thanks
      janine

5 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 10:01 AM
    • kbl's Profile Photo

PADI centers

Costa Rica Mar 16, 2015 at 7:27 AM

Hi -
      I will be in Costa Rica the first week of April. Are there members on the forum who have been to a PADI-certified diving center, and been out with them? (I can google who they are, but I'm looking for people who can recommend based on their own experience) where to go.
      thanks a lot!
      Koen

• the beaches

Puerto Viejo Mar 11, 2015 at 8:45 AM

are there any areas near P.V. that might be suitable for nude sunbathing and swimming?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2015 at 9:13 AM
    • Spanish in costa Rica

Costa Rica Mar 5, 2015 at 7:18 AM

I found a Spanish school in Costa Rica called Personalized Spanish. Has anyone studied here, and if so can you tell me about it?
      Thanks.

7 Answers Mar 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

San Gerardo de Dota

Costa Rica Feb 24, 2015 at 6:11 AM

Has anyone stayed at either of the main eco-lodges in the area? Those being Savegre, Dantica and Trogon Lodge.
      If yes, what did you think?

2 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 5:34 AM
    • Where to stay

Costa Rica Feb 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Planning a trip with husband and daughter (graduation gift). Looking for a resort with close beach access, golf course nearby, shopping, and Eco-adventures including zip lines and waterfalls. Budget friendly but still has a luxury feel. Traveling in March 2016. Are all inclusive resorts better than non inclusive? Is it worth renting a car or use local transportation?

3 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 10:07 AM
    • Taxi or ride to local restaurants

Nosara Feb 12, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Anyone know a dependable driver to take us from Playa Garza to local restaurants in Nosara?

1 Answer Feb 12, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    • Spanish + Adventure in Monteverde?

Monteverde Feb 9, 2015 at 7:29 AM

Hello, looking for adventure in the area of Monteverde, Costa Rica: zip lining, hanging bridges, natural tours, bird watching, I'd even dare to some bongie. Lookin' to improve my Spanish as well. Can anyone recommend a good place to stay? Thank you, Susan.

3 Answers Mar 21, 2015 at 5:55 PM
    • playa chiquita

Costa Rica Feb 2, 2015 at 10:29 AM

we are planning an 8day stay in playa Chiquita in April, would like to know if there are any cheap places to eat/drink in that small town , or do we have to go north to Puerto Viejo for casual food ?

1 Answer Feb 2, 2015 at 11:17 AM
    • RKyle's Profile Photo

Liberia to Panama City

Costa Rica Jan 30, 2015 at 12:43 PM

The quickest and cheapest flights I could find flying form Vancouver to Panama City was to land in Liberia as I could not find any direct flights for less than 20 hours.
      I would appreciate any tips on travelling from Liberia to Panama City and back.
      Any connecting flights?
      How are the buses?
      Renting a car is a possibility but as a last resort.
      I have 10 days for my trip.

2 Answers Jan 30, 2015 at 1:19 PM
    • leah_7's Profile Photo

2-3 weeks Costa Rica Looking for condo/gym/beach/ Pet Friendly/relaxation/Dining PLEASE HELP!

Costa Rica Jan 29, 2015 at 2:51 PM

Hello, please help, i have been to Costa Rica but that was over 12 years ago when i was in my early 20's!
      My boyfriend and I and Dog are looking for a needed get away 2-3 weeks. We are both fitness buffs and will need a decent fitness facility near by. I was thinking a vacation rental would be best. I just do not know where to set up home base, I had thought Tamarindo but it looks like that is not as popular anymore? We really want an area that has some night life, fitness, excursions near, relaxing and dog friendly. Can anyone reccomend an area and also accomodation ideas would really be helpful or some links! Thank you!

7 Answers Jun 10, 2015 at 10:13 AM
    • What to do for 4 hours 1-5pm on a sunday in Puerta Limon

Puerto Limón Jan 7, 2015 at 2:42 PM

I am on a cruise stopping in Puerta Limon in two weeks. I have a tour (bus, train and boat) which ends at noon. I'd like to fill the day from 1-4 pm. And shop for coffee at a super market too and maybe try Costa Rican Fast Food. But we are there on a Sunday. Any idea are welcome.

1 Answer Jan 7, 2015 at 4:14 PM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Cerro de la Muerte

Costa Rica Jan 6, 2015 at 6:31 AM

I don't see a listing for this locale plus I cant find any reviews?

17 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 8:00 PM
    • rsheikh01's Profile Photo

Moving to Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jan 2, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Has any one moved to Costa Rica? Do's and dont's if you care to share...also, how did you find the utilities especially internet speed reliability, etc. Thank you in advance

4 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 8:57 PM