change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MiriamT's Profile Photo

Samara fishing

Costa Rica Jul 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Does anyone know a good contact for fishing in Samara?

more

Advise for staying in Nosara

Costa Rica Jul 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Staying at Mango B&B in Nosara July 15-18th. My daughter would like to go fishing. Does anyone know someone to contact that offers that services. Also any suggestions you have for activities would be be appreciated. We will not have a car so hoping to most things by foot.
      Thank you!

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Monteverde Tours

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Has anyone ever used Monteverde Tours please?

more
    • Tres Amigos Villas

Provincia de Puntarenas Jun 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? Thinking about booking but it states mangrove area towards rear of property which has me envisioning mosquitos everywhere.

more

Shuttle from San Jose airport to Monteverde

Costa Rica Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM

There are so many choices for shuttles from San Jose to Monteverde does anyone have a recommendation on a specific one they have used?

more

Places to stay in Samara

Costa Rica Jun 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Have decided to stay on Pacific coast. What do you think of Samara and recommendations for places to stay. Will be arriving July 12th from Monteverde.

more

Travel to Cahuita

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

We are looking to go to Cahuita after leaving Monte Verde. What is the best/economical way to get there? Public bus? We would like to go later in the afternoon so we don't wast a whole day traveling. Also we would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay and what your suggestions would be on things to do. Thank you all so much for your advise and suggestions!!

more

Suggestions for fishing

Costa Rica Jul 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Will be in Samara July 15-18. My daughter would love to go fishing. can anyone recommend anyone good for this service?
      Thank you!!

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Boat from Los Chiles to Caño Negro?

Costa Rica Jun 25, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is it possible to go by boat instead of bus in the rainy season from Los Chiles to Caño Negro? I read somewhere about it but can’t find it anymore.

more

transportation

Costa Rica Jul 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Still having trouble with transportation issues from San Jose to Monteverde and then from Monteverde to Samara. Back to airport from Samara. The $150 x 2( to MV then from Samara) for the shuttle is more than we would like to spend and don't mind the public bus but can we easily tell which ones to change to during the changes. For car rental how bad are the roads to and in Monteverde? Any suggestions or anyone wanting to share transportation July 11 to Monteverde?

more

Tour Guides for Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Going to Costa Rica next year and would like to cut out the UK Tour Companies. Does anyone know of, or had experience of local Tour Companies in Costa Rica please?

We want to go to Arenal Volcano NP, Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, Manuel Antonio and other places.

more

Suggestions for fishing

Costa Rica Jul 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Will be in Samara July 15-18. My daughter would love to go fishing. can anyone recommend anyone good for this service?
      Thank you!!

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 2:32 PM

Shuttle from San Jose airport to Monteverde

Costa Rica Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM

There are so many choices for shuttles from San Jose to Monteverde does anyone have a recommendation on a specific one they have used?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Samara fishing

Costa Rica Jul 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Does anyone know a good contact for fishing in Samara?

transportation

Costa Rica Jul 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Still having trouble with transportation issues from San Jose to Monteverde and then from Monteverde to Samara. Back to airport from Samara. The $150 x 2( to MV then from Samara) for the shuttle is more than we would like to spend and don't mind the public bus but can we easily tell which ones to change to during the changes. For car rental how bad are the roads to and in Monteverde? Any suggestions or anyone wanting to share transportation July 11 to Monteverde?

6 Answers Jul 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Advise for staying in Nosara

Costa Rica Jul 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Staying at Mango B&B in Nosara July 15-18th. My daughter would like to go fishing. Does anyone know someone to contact that offers that services. Also any suggestions you have for activities would be be appreciated. We will not have a car so hoping to most things by foot.
      Thank you!

Places to stay in Samara

Costa Rica Jun 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Have decided to stay on Pacific coast. What do you think of Samara and recommendations for places to stay. Will be arriving July 12th from Monteverde.

2 Answers Jun 30, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Travel to Cahuita

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

We are looking to go to Cahuita after leaving Monte Verde. What is the best/economical way to get there? Public bus? We would like to go later in the afternoon so we don't wast a whole day traveling. Also we would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay and what your suggestions would be on things to do. Thank you all so much for your advise and suggestions!!

2 Answers Jun 29, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Monteverde Tours

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Has anyone ever used Monteverde Tours please?

• jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Boat from Los Chiles to Caño Negro?

Costa Rica Jun 25, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is it possible to go by boat instead of bus in the rainy season from Los Chiles to Caño Negro? I read somewhere about it but can’t find it anymore.

1 Answer Jun 25, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Tour Guides for Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Going to Costa Rica next year and would like to cut out the UK Tour Companies. Does anyone know of, or had experience of local Tour Companies in Costa Rica please?

We want to go to Arenal Volcano NP, Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, Manuel Antonio and other places.

8 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Tres Amigos Villas

Provincia de Puntarenas Jun 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? Thinking about booking but it states mangrove area towards rear of property which has me envisioning mosquitos everywhere.

• Safe for a woman traveling alone in San Jose?

San José Jun 17, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I'm trying to plan a trip to Costa Rica. I wanted to stay in Arenal, but the hotel is in San Jose. Is it safe for a woman traveling alone to stay in San Jose and take a day trip by bus to Arenal, La Fortuna, etc.? Also, has the Asian Striped Tiger mosquito become a problem in Costa Rica? ~Thanks!

4 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 7:38 AM

Caribbean or Pacific

Costa Rica Jun 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Just would like to ask your opinion on which beach you would recommend, the ones on the Caribbean side or Pacific side.  I know the Caribbean side will be further from Monteverde, but have heard they are a little less crowed.  Just would love your input/suggestions on which beaches you recommend and also places to stay that you recommend.  Do you know anything about Los Pinos Cabanas y Jardines in Monreverde?  I appreciate all  your help and suggestions!

Thank you

12 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM
    • Safety in Manuel Antonio

Quepos Jun 12, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Is Manuel Antonio safe?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • Rio Celeste in rainy season

Costa Rica Jun 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM

This may sound a bit silly...but is Rio Celeste still blue (like in the pictures ;-O) during the rainy season, or after heavy rainfall? Or is it muddy and yellowish?
      I could go mid-july, not the heaviest of rain yet, I have been told...

1 Answer Jun 28, 2014 at 10:00 PM
    • First time to Costa Rica, my 12 day itinerary....tips/suggestions ?

Costa Rica Jun 11, 2014 at 8:36 PM

We are hoping to spend approx 12 days in CR. This is what we have planned so far.
      Fly into SJO, stay 1 night. Fly down to the OSA peninsula and stay at an eco lodge for 4 nights. We will fly out from PJ to SJO to Arenal (same day), and stay that night at Arenal Observatory Lodge. Stay at Arenal Observatory Lodge for 3 nights. Than, take a shuttle to Monteverde, and stay 2 nights(any hotel recommendations in Monteverde?). Fly to SJO, stay 1 night. Next day fly out.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions? I figure we don't need to stay at a beach place, since the eco lodge will have a beach. Also, since arenal/monteverde are in the middle of the country, it's far from the coast. Is there too much overlap in Arenal/Monteverde? Should I go to one and not the other? Anywhere we should visit that's not on the above list? We feel going to the northern part of the country is too far, unless someone can tell me otherwise :) Thanks for the help.

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 8:53 PM
    • Weather in July-August

Puerto Viejo Jun 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM

What is the weather like from July0August? I know it will be rainy season, but does that mean there won't be any sun? Don't mind if there's sun in the morning and rain later on, but if its cloudy/rainy all day then not sure i want to make the trip...

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Suggestions

Costa Rica Jun 9, 2014 at 9:12 AM

Planning a trip to CR July 12-19. Flying in to Jan Jose and want to go to Monteverde and beach. Originally planned to go to Arenal as well, but hear not much to see since volcano dormant. Will be myself, husband and 17 year old daughter. We like outdoor activities such as hiking, water activities such as diving/snorkeling. How is the best.economical way to get from airport to Monteverde, and do you know of any inexpensive places to stay near cloud forest, and suggestions on which beach. Thank you all or suggestions always a great help!

4 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Day tour companies

Arenal Jun 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM

What tour companies would you recommend in La Fortunal?
      Also has anyone visited the Maleku tribe? Cano Island Biological reserve? cocora cloud forest garden?
      Would the white water rafting trip to Balsa be ok for someone who does not know how to swim?

5 Answers Jul 5, 2014 at 12:53 AM
    • Cost for hiring a driver from san jose to peace lodge

San José Jun 4, 2014 at 5:16 AM

Cost distance points of interest from san jose to peace lodge Driver???

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    • Driving from Tortuguero to Monteverde via rental car

Monteverde Jun 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM

What is the easiest way to get to Monteverde from Tortuguero with a rental car?

5 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • I need help with a location

Costa Rica May 25, 2014 at 4:10 PM

Hello, I will be traveling to Costa Rica this summer. it will be two single females that want to experience the rain forest, animals in their natural habitat, and possibly natives in their town. Can anyone suggest affordable, safe, good places and or names of locations to stay? Thank you

• I need help with a location

Costa Rica May 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Hello, I will be traveling to Costa Rica this summer. it will be two single females that want to experience the rain forest, animals in their natural habitat, and possibly natives in their town. Can anyone suggest affordable, safe, good places and or names of locations to stay? Thank you

6 Answers May 26, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • snake threat

Costa Rica May 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM

do I need to be overly concerned about poison snakes. Considering bringing long walking stick to protect against snakes

4 Answers May 20, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    • cÓMO LLEGAR DE LOS CHILES A fORTUNA sin hacer seis transbordos

Fortuna May 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM

Tenemos que viajar del Castillo a los Chiles en barca y de allí a Fortuna en bus, pero las opciones que encuentro desde los Chiles hasta Fortuna hacen hasta seis transbordos y tardan una eternidad. Hay alguna opción que conozcais?

3 Answers May 19, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • Crocodiles

Bajamar May 9, 2014 at 6:08 AM

I have read that crocodiles come from the river into the ocean and therefore swimming in the ocean at Bajamar beach isn't safe. Is this true?

3 Answers May 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM
    • iam1wthee's Profile Photo

transportation from San Jose

Fortuna May 8, 2014 at 3:25 AM

What is the fastest and least expensive way to get to La Fortuna San Carlos from San Jose? More emphasis on fast.

• Costa Rica Shopping

Costa Rica May 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM

What is a great place to go shopping?

6 Answers May 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Costa Rica Currency, the colón vs. US dollar

Costa Rica Apr 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Checking out prices for tours, car rentals or restaurant menus is shown in US$. I know it's better to pay in colónes because the USD conversion may be to their benefit. Are we expected to pay in US$ or will they accept colónes when we pay cash?

8 Answers May 29, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • Heredia vs. Santo Domingo

Costa Rica Apr 25, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Hi there,
      I'm going to visit Costa Rica for the month of August - I have the option of doing a homestay in Heredia or Santo Domingo.

What are these towns like in general? Are they safe? Is one better to stay in than the other (Heredia would be a tiny bit more expensive)? Advice on precautions I should take/be aware of?

I'm female; I've traveled a bunch but this is my first time traveling alone so a little nervous, very curious to hear opinions on the locations! Thanks!

5 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM