Costa Rica Travel Answers

change location
mattdoc's Profile Photo

Transportation from Hilton papgayo to SJO

by mattdoc Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Arrgh..No flights from Liberia on a saturday AM and our returning flight to the states is 1pm out of SJO..Any suggestions? How much is a shuttle? Any reputable companies out there?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Transportation from Hilton papgayo to SJO

by Lucyza Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Paradise Air charter flight, we took it because Nature Air mess up our reservation and we couldn't be happier, very convenient. You can take in more baggage too.
    or Private van transportation ( We had hired Alexander Hernandez, english speaking-alajuelatours@gmail.com, and Desafio company-drivers speaks little english)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Homanded's Profile Photo

Re: Transportation from Hilton papgayo to SJO

by Homanded Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Ouch! From Liberia to San Jose is over 220 kilometers and, depending on road conditions/traffic - 4-5 hours away!
    You are going to pay through the nose for that trip.
    My brother flew into San Jose and had to get to Tamarindo last week - shuttle quotes were $240.00! He managed to book a flight in San Jose to Tamarindo - about 30 mins flight time.

Other option would perhaps be a bus - slower but much cheaper but I'd start out the night before to make sure and arrive in time for check in / baggage, etc.

• Re: Transportation from Hilton papgayo to SJO

by geo1173 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Why dont you just rent a car and drop it at the airport.. (yeah I know road are not the best..) but you could leave early in the morning.. and you would make it on time...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Costa Rica Travel Answer Locations