Costa Rica Travel Answers

change location

Traveling in Costa Rica with a baby

by poullafouca Online Now Oct 5, 2005 at 9:42 PM

Hi, going to CR for 3 weeks in Dec/Jan, plannning on Nosara, Montezuma, Papagayo (attending a wedding there), then spending a week in the Osa Peninsula.
I would really appreciate some advice.

1. Should we rent a car when we arrive? Drive to Nosara with the 11 month old very hot, tired, annoyed baby? Or fly there, then rent a car later on to schlep about from Montezuma.

2. Should we fly up to Papagayo from Montezuma? Or drive?

3. Definitely going to fly to Osa from Papagayo, then fly back up to San Jose to go home.

4. Also, stay in Mal Pais, or Montezuma, which is more local, charming, not too mad and touristy.

Any and all advice about this first trip with our baby would be really appreciated. We are not going to be doing any big adventure stuff, just being laid back and absorbing the greeness and beauty.

I just feel a bit lost, you know, like, if it was just us two we'd just rent a vehicle and explore, but you can't really bang a baby about in the back of a bumpy car all day, so we are trying to really find a way to have a fab time. I just feel a bit nervous about all the stuff I read about potholes, dreadful roads, really, really lon journeys from a to b.

Any experienced advice would be so welcome

Thanks

Poulla

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Costa Rica