Costa Mesa Travel Answers

change location

Short Visit to Costa Mesa

by CgH1102 Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 9:52 PM

After I am done with my all-day class after 6pm, what is the best and safest thing to do in Costa Mesa by myself? Im not from the area at all! thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Re: Short Visit to Costa Mesa

by travelgourmet Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Costa Mesa is a small community with a very large Mall. The South Coast Mall is a center of shopping, dining and movies. See their website: http://www.southcoastplaza.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Short Visit to Costa Mesa

by sdcatraveler Online Now Feb 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Costa Mesa is largely a business district type of area, so there are a lot of chain restaurants and hotels mainly. South Coast Plaza is certainly something to see if you like to go shopping (very well dressed shoppers here and high end shops). But if you're not the shopping type of person (like me), I suggest you go to Huntington Beach and see at least a little bit of pier, the sandy beach and "beach culture."

Another nice nearby place is to visit Balboa Island or the boardwalk in Newport Beach. Its a cute walking area.

If you are willing to drive a bit North on the 405 Freeway, visit "Little Saigon" on Bolsa Avenue where you will be able to find all types of shops with Vietnamese products and lots of inexpensive options for dinner ($5-$10). A Vietnamese grilled pork sandwich at Lee's Sandwich topped off with an Avocado shake will cost less than10.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines