Costa Mesa Travel Answers

change location

Moving to Irvine/Costa Mesa

by azgirl74 Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 5:24 PM

My boyfriend and I are moving to the Irvine/Costa Mesa area in about a month. We're heading to the area next weekend to find a place to live. I was wondering if anyone could recommended one place or the other. Are there bad areas in these cities to stay away from? I see a lot of listings for "East Costa Mesa"....is this a good area? I'll be attending school at the 405 & Harbor Blvd. My bf travels during the week so we'd like to be closer to the airport. When he is in town, his office will be near the 405 & Macarthur. We're very interested in someplace safe. I understand Costa Mesa is cheaper than Irvine, but we're still considering both cities. Thanks for the help!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Moving to Irvine/Costa Mesa

by azgirl74 Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 5:31 PM

Oops, sorry didn't mean to post this twice in the same forum.....it said this was going to the Costa Mesa forum. Guess not! :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Moving to Irvine/Costa Mesa

by joesorce Online Now Feb 17, 2005 at 11:56 PM

Traffic is getting horrendous, choose something that is an easy commute from work, you will be much happier. Shouldn't have to worry too much about safety, the area is generally very safe.

• RE: RE: Moving to Irvine/Costa Mesa

by Mreppen Online Now Mar 7, 2005 at 2:16 PM

Costa Mesa is cheaper than Irvine, "East Costa Mesa" is somewhat the poorer area of Costa Mesa. Near your school is generally OK. Irvine is nice, a bit boring and if are used to big city night life you'll hate it. But it is very clean and safe. Tons of parks good place to ride a bike, lots of day time activities to do. But more expensive than Costa Mesa to live.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines