Coso Junction

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• solo mission

South Lake Tahoe Sep 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM

Will be visiting in a few days with my road bike, was wondering what trails to check out close to Lakeside Marina? Bike routes through town? Are there any guided hikes? Anything else I should try to check out? Thank you!

• End of June - July

San Francisco Sep 22, 2015 at 12:56 AM

Is there anything major going on that I can't miss around these dates. Looking at going on holidays through here and don't want to miss out anything amazing!

• ericaalianaa's Profile Photo

DO i need a visa for a 5 hr flight layover

Los Angeles Sep 19, 2015 at 2:57 AM

Hello! I'm planning to have a 2 week visit in colombia. And the flight that i've found happens to have a connecting flight in Los Angeles (LAX) California with a 9 hour layover. Do i need to have a visa for just a 5 hour layover? i'm not planning to go outside the mentioned airport, just gonna stay in the transit area. Or would my philippine passport do? I need an answer as soon as possible. Thank you so much!

• drive through death valley in november

Death Valley National Park Sep 13, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Any problem to drive through Death Valley? We are going there in November. After visiting Vegas and Grand Canyon we will drive through Death Valley to visit Yosemite national park.
      Lars, Ingela

• Melbourne Cup

San Francisco Sep 25, 2015 at 2:20 AM

Does anyone know if anywhere will be televising the Australian Melbourne cup thanks

• End of June - July

Los Angeles Sep 22, 2015 at 12:57 AM

Is there anything major going on that I can't miss around these dates. Looking at going on holidays through here and don't want to miss out anything amazing!

• fist tri to SB

Santa Barbara Sep 21, 2015 at 4:55 PM

is there anywhere to get a tourist map with important must see attraction?

• Driving Time Lone Pine, CA to Mt. Whitney trailhead

Lone Pine Sep 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Staying in hostel in Lone Pine and hiking up Mt Whitney 9/30/15. Will get to trailhead (Whitney Portal)2- 3am to begin my hike up. How long/challenging is the drive from Lone Pine, CA to trailhead (Whitney Portal)??

• jmhultin's Profile Photo

Bike rental reservations?

Yosemite National Park Sep 16, 2015 at 9:24 AM

Do I need, or can I make bike reservations?

• Catalina Islands in December

Avalon Sep 11, 2015 at 11:06 AM

My wife and I are going to be in LA in December. We would like to visit Avalon, Catalina Islands for a couple of days. We like to hike and I would think the temperatures in December would be nice enough. How would the early nightlife scene be at that time of year and would most of the restaurants and bars be open? Any chance of hearing live music.

• DJStarr's Profile Photo

Southern Ca Getaway idea, please.

Los Angeles Oct 2, 2015 at 1:13 AM

My birthday's next week and I'd like to take a 2-3 day getaway (mid week). I live in paradise already, San Diego - but would like to perhaps go find a nice B&B and go to Universal Studios, maybe another studio or park or cool activity for an adult traveling solo. Are there any awesome places or stops you'd recommend for a getaway alone? Like to keep it under $500 for all.

• a_nina's Profile Photo

What to see?

Los Angeles Sep 21, 2015 at 9:01 AM

Me and three other girls are going for a roadtrip from San Francisco to Los Angeles, so we are wondering if anyone have any tips on what we have to see there? Maybe some great restaurants, beaches, etc. We want to se the tourist things, but we also want to get the real LA experience.
      So if you have any tips at all, contact me! :)

• Hotels Near SFO

San Francisco Oct 1, 2015 at 10:09 AM

My son is in the military and will be flying out of SFO and needs a hotel stay for the night before his flight. I am trying to book a one night stay on a young mans budget that is in a safe area not necessarily right next to the airport, but within a reasonable distance. Does anybody have any advice on an area or nice hotel? Thanks so much..........

• Parking questions

San Elijo State Beach Sep 23, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Suggestions for overnight parking close to San Elijo campground?
      Thank you in advance!

• 4 nights at US Grant and only rent a car for the last 2 days?

San Diego Sep 18, 2015 at 3:59 AM

Hi All,

I just wanted to run past through you my idea for my trip to San Diego next month. I'll spending 4 nights at the US Grant, therefore I was thinking of not renting a car for the first two days, and explore anything I can explore on foot. This is primarily to save the ridiculously expensive parking fee for two nights!

I would then rent a car for the last two days so that I can explore a bit more of what's further afield.

Does it sound sensible?

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Event in Napa, 10-17 & 10-18?

Napa Sep 11, 2015 at 9:41 AM

I thought I would try the forum to see if maybe someone could figure this out, because I've not been able to find it.
      My wife has a business meeting in Santa Rosa on the week of 10-12. We were going to drive up there and, once her meeting is finished on Friday, spend at least another night in the area. However, that weekend, the hotels get ridiculous, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on there.
      It seems to get worse as you move toward Napa, so I'm thinking that Napa is where the event is. Hotels in Fairfield are extremely high, while those in Concord are normal, and I may end up staying in Concord before flying out on another trip.
      Can anyone find this major event, just to satisfy my own curiosity?

• 5 hours at LA airport

Los Angeles Sep 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM

Hello, I am arriving at LA airport on September 26 at 04:35PM and I have another flight on the same date at 10:10PM. Is there any chance to visit at least one popular place in LA? Thank you!

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Porters in the airport (LAX)?

Los Angeles Sep 27, 2015 at 9:46 PM

My daughter will arrive in Los Angeles International Airport with two small children, a four-year-old and a not-yet-two-year-old. She'll have to get two big car seats from the baggage claim plus her luggage and will have to get everything and everybody out to the public arrival area, where our friends will meet them. Are there any porters in the baggage claim hall? I've read about Skycaps. Are they easily recognizable? I've read they expect to be tipped. How much would be appropriate? And I suppose they also expect to be paid. Can anyone tell me how much this is?
      Thank you for any information.

California Oct 1, 2015 at 5:16 AM

Hello, I m new in California. Suggest me good place for my family weekend fun..