Cosenza

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• A November Vacation in the Cosenza area of Calabria

by Berarducci Online Now Mar 16, 2014 at 6:55 AM

We may be in Italy in November and am wondering what the area around Cosenza is like for weather and touring at that time of year.

Dan

2 Answers Mar 16, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • transportation to acri

by dettr71 Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Is there a bus that goes to Acri from Cosenza? OR
      what transportation is there between Acri and Cosenza?

6 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM
    • domanico, italy

by destefano Online Now Nov 17, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Anyone know of a good hotel near Domanico, Italy? How far it is from Reggio Airport and arte there rental cars nearby.

2 Answers Nov 23, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    • Transportation help

by jumper7 Online Now Mar 5, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Hi,

Four siblings and I are taking our mom to Italy for a trip of a lifetime and to visit the town that her father was born in, Figline Vegliaturo. Do any of you have a recommended way to travel there? I don't think there is any public transportation to the town. Is taxi or Avis rent a car (would they even have a car for six people) a better bet?

Also, we are coming in via train from Rome. What would be the best way to get closest to the old city area where we are staying using public transportation? The place where staying says Piazza Matteotti is the closest bus stop. Would anyone know which bus # to take for that stop?

Thank you ahead a time for taking your time to help me out. Cia

3 Answers Mar 5, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    • Nikinakinoo's Profile Photo

Tourist TRAIN from Cosenza to the SILA mountains

by Nikinakinoo Online Now Jan 25, 2009 at 6:36 AM

Does anyone know any details about the train that supposedly runs from Cosenza town to the Sila mountains? I would appreciate any details. The only information I can find out is a picturesque steam train IN the sila mountains, but I want to travel to there from Cosenza by train.

Hope someon can help me.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 26, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    • gennvieve's Profile Photo

Domanico Cosenza Question Please

by gennvieve Online Now Feb 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Ciao! My father's family (Forte, Fillippeli (spelling?), Giardino) come from the Domanico area of Cosenza. I have not been able to find out much more than that and am coming to Italy the first week in March. I would like to visit Domanico or Cosenza anyway but am having a hard time finding Domanico information. Does anyone know how far it is from Domanico and would a car need to be rented from Cosenza?
      Grazie!

3 Answers May 28, 2008 at 3:20 AM
    • Lago

by altree Online Now Jan 6, 2007 at 2:02 PM

We are planning a family vacation to the Cosenza region in 2008. My dad is from Lago, but I cannot seem to find it on any maps. Can anybody tell me anything about Lago? How far is it from Cosenza and/or Crotone? We will be travelling on a bus tour and I would like to take an excursion to Lago if timing allows.

1 Answer Jan 7, 2007 at 10:00 AM
    • Mendicino town records

by terryd543 Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 2:46 PM

Is there a town hall or church baptistry in Mendicino that has records going back to the mid-late 19th century? Is it easy to obtain historical family information?

I'm looking for any remnants of my grandfather, Domenico Greco's family; also my grandmother, Teresa Gaudio's family.

• Driving in Italy

by terryd543 Online Now Oct 7, 2006 at 2:42 PM

I'm going to Cosenza in September 07, to look for my mother's roots in Mendicino. I won't drive on mountain roads so, I need to know what the terrain is like and what the roads are like

Any info will be appreciated.

1 Answer Oct 7, 2006 at 3:36 PM
    • What to see in Rose, Cosenza area

by DawnMarie1 Online Now Sep 20, 2004 at 10:30 PM

I posted this yesterday but I can't find it today! So - here goes - My cousins and I are visiting Cosenza, specifically, flying into Lameza Terme, driving to the hotel in Rende, and then trying to locate the birthplace of my grandmother - she was born in Rose which is north of the city of Cosenza. We will be there a very short time - two nights, one full day and the morning of the second day. Does anyone know if there is more than one church in Rose, Italy? Does anyone know if anyone in this small town speak English? How about what not to miss in the area we will be in? Also I want to bring some gifts back from this area - any suggestions as to where to go for things made in Italy?

13 Answers Feb 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM
    • narrow-gauge railway between Cosenza and San Giovanni in Fiore

by MDomeny Online Now Aug 28, 2004 at 10:58 AM

I have heard there is wonderful 2 hour train ride on a narrow-gauge railway between Cosenza and San Giovanni in Fiore which offers a brief peek into the beautoful La Sila region for those who want to see the area but have little time. Can anyone offer any specifics on this train, where I catch it, etc. I heard there are two trips daily out of Cosenza. Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 28, 2004 at 11:41 AM