Cortina d'Ampezzo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Base city to hike in the Dolomites

by i009600 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Where is the best place to stay when hiking in the Dolomites? Is Cortina d'Ampezzo a good place to act as a base? Do you need a car to get there? Or is it possible to get there by train?

Thanks.

more
    • Base city to hike in the Dolomites

by i009600 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Where is the best place to stay when hiking in the Dolomites? Is Cortina d'Ampezzo a good place to act as a base? Do you need a car to get there? Or is it possible to get there by train?

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    • transportation to and from alta via 1

by peter-debbie Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM

plan independently hike alta via 1 at very end of June-first week of july how should I travel from

1 venice airport to cotina ( train vrs bus having trouble finding summer schedule )
      2 Cortina to north trailhead (I think there is a local bus service)
      3south trailhead back to Cortina ( hitch hike or flag a bus I would rather not hitchhike)
      thanks

1 Answer Jan 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    • Ski resorts

by SaraAlathel Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hi we are a family of 6 adults and 2 kids. We are looking for a nice ski resort in Europe from mid of January for a week. We want a happening place" not a boring one. Since we are all young . We have heard about cortina in Italy , that it's a nice place to go . Is it ? What is the top and best 5 stats hotels and chalets near their downtown ?

3 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM
    • Easy day hikes

by gailmckoon Online Now Jun 6, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Hi, can you recommend some easy day hikes with great scenery,
      and can you recommend which lifts are the best in summer?
      Thanks! Gail McKoon
      mckoon.1@osu.edu

• what about Cortina to Venice?

by carolh2o Online Now May 18, 2013 at 11:54 AM

We will have spent two weeks in the Dolomites, and will need to travel from Cortina to Venice to fly back to the US. What is the most efficient, cost effective way to travel from Cortina to Venice?

3 Answers May 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    • Venice to Cortina

by inferno2k13 Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 11:24 AM

We are planning a trip from Venice to Cortina to Bolzano on March 30.
      Are there any guided bus/car tour available which will start from Venice and drop us off at Bolzano?
      Or is this trip do-able with public transport?
      Appreciate any help!

11 Answers Mar 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    • Winter bus from Venice to Cortina

by bill49mac Online Now Jul 11, 2012 at 7:47 PM

We are going skiing in Cortina next January 26. The schedules for next year's buses are not available. Does anybody know when they went on a Saturday in January 2011?

1 Answer Jul 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    • Best short hikes & quick scenery around Cortina d'Ampezzo/Dolomites

by CDRinNC Online Now Jun 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM

We're going to Italy in July and will appreciate any suggestions that will help get the most of our short time around the Dolomites.

Day 1 - Drive rental car up from Venice, hopefully arriving in Cortina around noon. Check-in, eat lunch and we'd like to quickly find a trail or two to enjoy (for a little exercise, but more for scenery) during the afternoon. Get back to hotel around sunset. Maybe Lago Misurina or Paso di Giau?

Day 2 - We want to leave Cortina by 8am and drive thru the Dolomites and arrive in BELLAGIO/LAKE COMO BEFORE SUNDOWN, so I think we will need to be in Bolzano and hit the autostrada by 3pm, giving us around 7 hours for Dolomite fun. Any suggestions on the best route to take in the Dolomites/Alpe di Suisi? Again, we're wanting great, but quick, scenery with opportunities to get out of the car for some short, easily accessible hikes that can be squeezed-in the tight time frame. A couple of meadow hikes surrounded by the peaks sounds great. Concerns: Roads closed during the day in Alpe di Suisi? Best route....."48 to 241" or "48 to 243 to 242"? Convenience and security of trailhead parking?

Thanks in advance for any great ideas and info!!

• Cortina d' Ampezzo in September

by tlidner Online Now Apr 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM

We will be staying in Cortina d'Ampezzo in early to mid September. Any recommendations on hotels, restaurants, bike rides, or hikes in the area.

2 Answers Apr 11, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    • via from venice to cortile dampezzo

by dancris Online Now Mar 3, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Iwillbe staying in venice on the9/10/11 March and I will like to visit cortina dampezzo for one day. What is the best and easy way by train/bus, transport schedule, and prices.

thanks

7 Answers Mar 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM
    • A bus - Grande Strada delle Dolomiti

by asap2u Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Hello!

Is there any bus going Grande Strada delle Dolomiti via Sellajoch , Passo Pordoi , Passo Di Falzarego to Cortina (in June).
      Any website , timetable ?

TI

1 Answer Jan 30, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    • We Moved!

by movingtocortina Online Now Feb 20, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I completely forgot to update everyone who had been so kind to me in answering my questions! My husband and I have been living in San Vito di Cadore since November. While we have had our ups and downs with hockey, we LOVE San Vito and Cortina! Obviously this isn't a question ... just wanted to say thanks!

7 Answers Feb 20, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    • Moving to Cortina

by movingtocortina Online Now Aug 19, 2009 at 4:37 PM

My husband and I are moving to Cortina with our 1 year old son. Are there many professional photographers in town that we might hire to take family photos?

5 Answers Sep 3, 2009 at 8:10 PM
    • train or bus from Venice to Calalzo di Cadore

by dwjohncox Online Now Oct 15, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Does anyone have any details on how often the trains and buses travel between these 2 places. I need to travel from Venice (or Mestre) on the Tuesday morning before Xmas, and return to Marco Polo Airport by 20:00 hours on Saturday 27th.

Train would be preferred as I suspect the bus journey will be very long

Thanks

John

4 Answers Oct 16, 2008 at 6:06 PM
    • stamario's Profile Photo

bus from Dobbiaco via Rifugio ospitale to Cortina to Capana del Rio

by stamario Online Now Jul 30, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Hi,

I'm planning to do via ferrata Ivano Dibona from Capanna Rio Gere, and then with chair lift to the Sonforza..... and then on foot to make descent on the other side to the Rifugio Ospitale (which is on the road number SS51) and then to take a bus near that Rifugio Ospitale which will drive me to the starting position on Cappana Rio Gere where I'm planning to leave my car.

I have been searched on the net for bus information but I did not find that line I have found some buses which goes from Cortina d'Ampezzo to Dobiaco via Misurina but this is not what I'm searching....

Please can you tell me what is the bus line which goes from Dobiaco on the road number SS51 and passes that Rifugio Ospitale and than via Cortina to Capanna Rio Gere????

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 9, 2008 at 10:38 PM
    • El Toula restaurant

by Papyrus2280 Online Now Nov 12, 2007 at 4:00 AM

I'm going to Cortina for Christmas, fly on 22nd Dec. I'm wanting to book a nive restaurant for the evening of 25th Dec. I'm thinking of either El Toula or La Tavernetta.

Does anyone know roughly how muich El Toula is price wise? I've been on the website but the menu keeps crashing and I can't view it.

Can anyone reccommend any other restaurants for a Christmas meal??

Thanks x

6 Answers Nov 12, 2007 at 5:27 AM
    • Foundryman1's Profile Photo

Skiing 2008

by Foundryman1 Online Now May 17, 2007 at 6:48 PM

I am thinking about a ski trip next year.How long does the ski season run in the Dolomites? When is the best time and when should I avoid going?Should I fly into Milan or Venice? does the train run to cortina or do I have to make arrangements for ground transportation? I know...lots of questions :)
      -Thanks if you can help-Chris

2 Answers Jul 9, 2007 at 6:00 PM
    • debstx's Profile Photo

Cortina in May?

by debstx Online Now Dec 1, 2005 at 4:38 PM

I had planned to drive from Venice to Cortina and spend one night. I wanted to see the scenery and enjoy the town a bit. However, I'm finding most hotels closed during this time. My question is: when I find a hotel will the town be closed up with nothing to do? I'm looking at May 1-2 in 2006.

Thanks so much.

• andywing's Profile Photo

Travelling to Cortina

by andywing Online Now Oct 30, 2003 at 3:19 AM

I'm travelling to Cortina in February and have no idea how to get there I know that there is an airport at Fiames but no-one appears to fly there Venice looks the best place to fly to (87 miles away), but can anyone tell me how to get from the airport to Cortina please? I didn't really want to hire a car Any help appreciated Best wishes Andy

5 Answers Nov 4, 2007 at 7:20 PM