Cortina d'Ampezzo Travel Answers

change location

A bus - Grande Strada delle Dolomiti

by asap2u Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 5:56 AM

Hello!

Is there any bus going Grande Strada delle Dolomiti via Sellajoch , Passo Pordoi , Passo Di Falzarego to Cortina (in June).
Any website , timetable ?

TI

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

Re: A bus - Grande Strada delle Dolomiti

by mccalpin Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 7:54 AM

According to Rick Steves' website:
    "By car, circle north from Venice and drive the breathtaking Grande Strada delle Dolomiti, or Great Dolomite Road (65 miles: Belluno–Cortina d'Ampezzo–Pordoi Pass–Sella Pass–Val di Fassa–Bolzano). In the spring and early summer, passes labeled "closed" are often bare, dry, and, as far as local drivers are concerned, wide open. Conveniently for Italian tour operators, no direct public transportation route covers the Great Dolomite Road. "
    ricksteves.com/plan/destinat...

I took a quick look and didn't find any public bus that does all of these. However, note that there are (plenty of) buses to all of these places, just not along the Great Dolomite Road. I also assume (I haven't looked) that based on Steves' remark that there are tour operators who do offer such a ride (for more money, of course).

If you don't get an answer soon, send an email to VT member domenicococozza who lives and works in the area and who is likely to be able to point you in the right direction...

Bill

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines